Author Topic: Legend of the Condor heroes outfit  (Read 2826 times)

Offline ShuFong

• Oni
Legend of the Condor heroes outfit
« on: August 04, 2009, 01:38:30 pm »
Planning on going to my first kumoricon, and the costume I've decided is a character from the Legends of the Condor heroes but i really don't think people know this anime or the live action one at least. But one of the accessories of the outfit is a stainless steel straight sword.

But when i bought it they told me its not a real blade. (which i was actually hoping it was a real one) Its made for display and to practice. So i thought they might peace tag it, if not should i just bring a wooden one?

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
Re: Legend of the Condor heroes outfit
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 03:48:09 pm »
If it's weapon like it's going to be peacebonded.

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 04:25:47 pm »
I'm pretty sure you can't have real metal on a blade, even if it's extremely dull. You should probably bring the wooden one. Even though it's wood, you'll most likely need to get it peacebonded. You could make the best of it by painting the blade though : P

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 11:38:46 pm »
Legend of the Condor Heroes ANIME?!?!?! Wow. hehe... growing up I watched the Chinese series... there's almost a remake every decade. :D

Cool cosplay choice! ^_^
And so it begins...

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 11:58:49 pm »
I'm pretty sure you can't have real metal on a blade, even if it's extremely dull. You should probably bring the wooden one. Even though it's wood, you'll most likely need to get it peacebonded. You could make the best of it by painting the blade though : P

that's really not true, especially when people can buy metal weapons at the con... I believe it's it must remain sheathed and it can not be battle ready, which means an edge that's round and not sharp.

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 12:44:33 am »
Metal weapons, if bought in the dealers room, must be taken directly to your room/car. If it can be put in a sheath, if staff think it's safe, they will allow it as long as it stays peacebonded into its sheath.

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=7486.msg210820#msg210820

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 07:58:12 am »
Metal weapons, if bought in the dealers room, must be taken directly to your room/car. If it can be put in a sheath, if staff think it's safe, they will allow it as long as it stays peacebonded into its sheath.

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=7486.msg210820#msg210820

pretty much, because I've seen a lot of metal weapons at con, and they were allowed if sheathed and peace bound, let's just say seeing squall walking around with a sheathed gunblade we a little weird, but understandable.