Author Topic: Question regarding the skits and the costume contest  (Read 4580 times)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Question regarding the skits and the costume contest
« on: August 03, 2009, 08:43:00 pm »
So say your going to be in a skit in one costume

but you want to enter the contest (like costume wise, not skit) with another costume.

how does one go about doing this?
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
Re: Question regarding the skits and the costume contest
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 10:19:06 pm »
I have that same situation. I have a skit that is genius, but also another skit which is also genius and has my best cosplay to be worn.

I heard last time that you can be in two skits but only one can count for your cosplay, and you must count your cosplay in the skit that you made.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 09:09:59 am »
The difficulty with being in two costumes is that it requires you to have time to change from costume A to costume B.

We can't guarantee any sort of skit order shuffling to allow multiple people to do costume changes between skits (we try to accomodate certain requests, but the tech team has difficulty with changes to the skit line up because that messes up their programs for handling sound & lighting). Also, what if you have a 'costume malfunction' while trying to get changed?  You could be late for getting to your second skit.

Also, can you handle being in two skits? This means you have to memorize twice as much material, so your performance may not be a good as it could have been were you to be in only one. What happens if you get sick and can't perform? Now, TWO skits will be missing a person and may have to be cancelled    :'(

If you're going to be in a skit in costume B, but have costume A judged, the rules don't prohibit it, because the judging for costumes is separate from judging for skits. HOWEVER, we still do have the issue of you figuring out how to transform from costume A to B after you walk across stage to show off your costume entry during the walk-on time at the start of cosplay.  If the costumes are designed such that you can wear costume B under costume A, then you could easily do it. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it.

What I'm saying is that the RULES do not prohibit you from doing it, however LOGISTICS of the event make it near impossible to manage the costume change gracefully. You'd have to get off stage, rush to the nearest rest room, strip, get dressed, fix hair, do makeup and then dash back to the green room / backstage to be ready for next time on stage. 

The rule for being in two skits is that you may perform in two skits, but your name will be listed with only one group (also the second skit's group should contain different people - that is Bang Bang Neko as a group can't have two skits, but one of the actors from Bang Bang Neko could be in another skit in addition to Bang Bang Neko's skit) and you won't be eligible for prizes in that second skit.   

From the rules,
"Multiple costumes made by the same person may be entered in the costume competition so long as each costume appears on a different body."
So if you get a friend to wear your second costume, then both costumes can be seen.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 04:53:53 pm »
Yah i'm actually doing that, thanks to Runa. I'm entering a costume into the costume contest, do a walk on thing, then i'm running/ quickly walking off to change into my bioshock cosplay for our skit. Which won't be hard at all, if it's easy to change out of and the other cosplay is easy to get into then you can do it. But if it's to hard to do both, just stick with one. Is what I got. lol
I'm going to have fun changing costumes JK lol  :P

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 04:56:24 pm »

but you want to enter the contest (like costume wise, not skit) with another costume.

lol you can come with me and we'll change our costumes together XD it'll be faster since were in the same skit.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 06:54:21 pm »

lol you can come with me and we'll change our costumes together XD it'll be faster since were in the same skit.

wise choice

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 07:35:17 pm »

wise choice
^_^

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 01:36:33 am »

wise choice
^_^

i can probably fit my skit costume on underneath my "walk on" costume

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 02:25:51 pm »
That's usually what I do at meetups. Though in my case there's still the fact of carrying the outer costume around as extra baggage once you change.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi