Author Topic: Photoshoots anyone?  (Read 2256 times)

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
    • my random blog- Life Affairs
Photoshoots anyone?
« on: June 16, 2009, 11:37:41 pm »
So here's the deal, I worked at a photography studio for a while and have recently decided that I would like to do it on a more freelance basis. However I'm lacking one important thing, a portfolio that I can use.

So here's what I'm preposing: a free photo shoot- you get free high quality photos and I get to work on my portfolio.

My request is that all shoots stay within the portland area. Other than that, I'm pretty much open to ideas. I would LOVE to get group cosplay photos or individual photos.

If this sounds like something that might interest you, feel free to shoot me an email @ kbslphotography@gmail.com  or you can PM me here or simply reply to the thread. It's that simple.
Also, if you're curious about my work, check me out at kbsl.deviantart.com

Thanks guys. I look forward to hearing from you.
I'd rather be a first rate me, than a second rate someone else.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
Re: Photoshoots anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:48:50 pm »
I am interested, but don't know much of the details yet. All I know is that the shoot would of two, my friend and myself. It would probably be at an ice cream parlor some where in Portland, and also a more open area. We both still need to finish our cosplays, so when we do it will depend on that. Probably sometime in late July, early August.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:51:57 pm »
OMG I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE YOU UP ON YOUR OFFER.

I have a cosplay partner and we try to setup different anime/manga/video game themes each month. I already have a friend doing our monthly photoshoots, but I would love it if we could have one of our shoots done by you sometime!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:56:19 pm »
I would be up for it as well. We are planing a Kingdom Hearts photo shoot at the Train Station in Portland on August 1st. I'm sure people going to that would love to have you there.

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 03:36:00 am »
Oh my god this would be great <3 There's a group of us looking for a good photographer or two to help us on a shoot over the summer, probably next month. We still have to decide on a date though, and scout out some good locations. You could probably even help us out with that xD

I'll try to get some more plans together tomorrow and decide on a date. Keep a spot open for us ;D

Oh, and our shoot is supposed to be kinda street-style themed, if that makes sense. Sorry, I'm bad with describing things xD But if you know any cool places with graffiti, or any neat buildings or alleys that'd work well with a group, let us know~ *-*

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 06:22:02 am »
PM'D Yo~
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 12:26:03 pm »
I'd love if you could do that :DDD
I  will PM you ; ))

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 03:25:25 pm »
Wow. Okay, let me try to reply to everyone thus far.

Nekovamp13-I'm up for that. I dont know of any great ice cream palors off hand. Late July/early August is fine with me. When you guys know of a date you'd like, let me know. I have a few things in mid august and mid julyish set up already. So even if its a tentative date, thats fine, but it allows me to make sure I dont get too booked up. If that makes sense.

Iluvshijimi-lol you're enthusiasm cracked me up. ^-~ I would love to do a shoot with you guys. And I'm not snobby, so I'd be happy to basically tail along on one of your normally planned shoots and take extra photos for you. And who knows, maybe your photography friend and I can even swap tips and such. Sounds like fun to me. ^-^ Just let me know when and where.

Nikkiolie-Is this the train station downtown across from harvey's comedy club? Also what time are you planning on? I love kingdom heart tho. That sounds like a perfect spot.

Hazuza-I'm up for some street themes. Next month is fine. I do have some already scheduled shoots and plans though throughout the month, so a date would be helpful to me, even if its just a tentative date. That way I make sure to not get too booked. Also, I dont mind helping you guys narrow down a location. But I'll need a few more details. Like are you wanting cosplay photos? Or more hip modelish photos? Clothes make a difference on location ya know ^-~

boogiepop & IcyMelon-I'm PMing you back ^-^

Thanks everyone for the interest. Also for those of you who asked via PM I thought I'd write it here in case anyone else was wondering as well. As of now, I am planning on attending Kumoricon 09 but its mine and my husbands first con so I'm not really planning on doing a lot of photoshoots there. I will have my camera though, probably most of the time.  And I will be taking pictures the whole time.  If you see me, feel free to ask.  I have no problem taking a shot or two here and there, I'm just not planning on making specific photo shoot times. I hope that made sense.

^-^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 03:28:26 pm »
I think that is the spot. If you are interested in coming I think we plan on meeting up around noon, probably in the parking lot in front of it. I thought it looked a lot like twilight town :P

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 01:34:42 pm »
I think that is the spot. If you are interested in coming I think we plan on meeting up around noon, probably in the parking lot in front of it. I thought it looked a lot like twilight town :P

Perfect. Noon on august 1st sounds great. Should anything change let me know. Otherwise I'll plan on that. Can't wait. ^-^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 02:17:21 pm »

Perfect. Noon on august 1st sounds great. Should anything change let me know. Otherwise I'll plan on that. Can't wait. ^-^

Great! I'm sure everyone will be happy to have you. I will send you a pm as it gets closer to the meet-up.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 03:42:07 pm »
i would love to have a shoot during kumori if possible... not sure which costume... id have to work on that xD
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 07:53:55 pm »

Great! I'm sure everyone will be happy to have you. I will send you a pm as it gets closer to the meet-up.

Sounds great. ^-^

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 08:12:53 pm »
i would love to have a shoot during kumori if possible... not sure which costume... id have to work on that xD

I'm actually trying not to schedule shoots during kumoricon as it will be my first con and I'd like to partake in the events and such.  I will have my camera with me though, so you can feel free to ask me for a photo or two.  If you'd like one outside of kumoricon, let me know. Thanks for your interest though.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 09:23:49 am »
I sent you an email. I hope you can make the shoot this weekend ^_^