Author Topic: Weapon Get? (Yoko - Gurren Lagann)  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
Weapon Get? (Yoko - Gurren Lagann)
« on: September 27, 2007, 03:46:56 am »
I've already figured that I'm going to go as Yoko from Gurren Lagann... the only problem is making her weapon. Weapons at Kumoricon have to be bonded, but I'm entirely NEW to making weapons, and don't know what I should get to actually make the thing. At another con somewhere, there was a Gene Starwind who's weapon actually shot (which was pretty cool), but I'm not sure if I want that? Any opinions would help. :3 Thanks.

And for anyone wondering, here's Yoko. <3

Red Mage at heart.

Offline Rikki

• Sailor Scout
Re: Weapon Get? (Yoko - Gurren Lagann)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 02:11:43 pm »
Super Soaker + Spray Paint? o_o;;;;;

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 05:26:58 pm »
Super Soaker + Spray Paint? o_o;;;;;
Depends on how you feel you want to make it......do you want to create a look-alike from molten plastic or do you just want to get something that looks similar?
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 09:56:21 pm »
I'm not sure. Are super soakers allowed at Kumoricon? I imagine the hotel staff wouldn't be happy about that. But it would be lightweight, and one could rearrange it so it didn't hold water, and could just look like the gun... I'll have to look into that, but I never would have thought about a super soaker. :o Thank you~
Red Mage at heart.

Offline Hei

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 10:53:52 pm »
yes! i was so sad there weren't any TTGL characters, i think i was the only one cosplaying a new spring anime this year, period. you are my hero.

but i dunno. there might be some sort of gun-making tutorial on the cosplay.com forums; i know there's a guy on there who can make anything out of cardboard and hot glue, and conventions sometimes have workshops on making props out of foam. i'd make the gun barrel out of pvc pipe, just so it's got something sturdy to start with. i wanna see this gun when you're done with it... and your costume...
09 cosplay:
Tomodachi/Friend - 20th Century Boys

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 12:32:19 pm »
I wonder if my costume would be okay, as Yoko practically wears... nothing. xD I'm not sure what the dress code is for Kumoricon, I know shorts have to be a certain length.
Red Mage at heart.

Offline Rikki

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 03:12:25 pm »
I'm pretty sure (how it was explained to me) that as long as your "swim suit" parts are covered then you are good. (And since Yoko's outfit pretty much IS a swimsuit, I'm sure you'll be ok. XD)

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 11:47:21 pm »
Haha, that's great. B: I'll ask the mods though, just to be on the safe side, lolz. Thanks Rikki. XD Can't wait to see you there. I miss it soooo much. B:
Red Mage at heart.