Author Topic: anyone want to donate some plushies to give away at opening ceremonies?  (Read 2768 times)

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Let's just say I'm working on a way to get the plushies from the main stage to the farther back rows in a hurry, the people up front always get the stuff we just throw,and I was wondering if anyone wanted to donate some plushies for what I hope will be an awesome way to get the energy up in opening ceremonies.
 So if you have any old or unwanted plushies that could use a new home, let me know or come to the next two general meetings at the hotel and donate them.
Thanks.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
I have an old Grunty plushie I'm trying to get rid of that I'd be happy to give up. But it's in not so great condition, I'm sure you guys want ones in good condition right?
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
After years of cons that has shown my sister has CLEARLY inherited the Grab Bag gene from my mom we have three bags of things that she doesn't want and I want to get out of this house. I will go through them and post of any plushies that are in them. Thank you! =D
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
 So if you have any old or unwanted plushies that could use a new home.

nooooooooooo

i <3 plushies

question do they need to spec be anime or video game plushies?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Agreed. All my plushies are family to me, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
They only have to be in good enough shape to give to someone else, not brand new. My friends and I had a tradition of giving each other things we already had that we knew someone else liked for their birthdays. So it's kinda like that.
 As for the type of plushie anime or game ones are preferably but we'll take any. I don't know who they are going to, kinda randomly going into the crowd, so people might get something they didn't know they liked.
 I'm not asking for your favorites, just ones you might want to donate.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Just a reminder to whomever receives plushies or brings some to the con, there are two great events into which you can incorporate them!
(1) Fandom Bears workshops by Mouse at Creation Station--Come learn how to create mini cosplay outfits, adornments, and accessories for your plushies!
(2) The Plushy Kerade, run by Andi from Cosplay--Any non-human object (including a plushie or dolly made or decorated at Creation Station), may strut its stuff in this parade for prizes!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline CC3

• Sailor Scout
Haha I have an Ed Elric plushie that I don't really want. I don't know if I could make it to any of the meetings though.

Offline rosaryblue

• Sailor Scout

Thought about using big rubber bands to launch the plushies to the back rows?  x)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
I have an L from Death Note plushie that I bought a few months ago, but never really took to...I'll bring it to the next meeting, and I'll look through my mounds of stuffed creatures for more, but, who at the meeting should I give it/them to?
DMC4 Dante @ Kumoricon 2011

【Yu-Gi-Oh! 2009 and 2010 | Devil May Cry 2010 and 2011】
2012: Something Dragon Age related, hopefully. ;)

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
If you can come to the meetings before Con Look/ask for Beau the Con chair. I'll also make a point during the meeting about the Plushies.
 At Con you can take them to the info desk and tell them the plushies are for opening ceremonies and I'll pick them up before opening starts.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
I have some Neopets dolls...