Author Topic: Kumoricon 2009 Charity Auction!  (Read 2746 times)

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
Kumoricon 2009 Charity Auction!
« on: July 18, 2009, 02:50:30 pm »
It's time to rally support for Kumoricon's Charity Auction! The charity that Kumoricon has chosen to support is Portland's own p:ear, which mentors homeless youths in the Portland area with art to foster creativity. For more info, here's their website~

http://www.pearmentor.org/

Oregon Art Beat has also done a story about about them~

http://www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/videos/view/53-P-EAR

But... how do we donate money to them if we don't have anything to put up for auction? I know- this is where you can help! WE NEED DONATIONS! What would you donate? ALMOST ANYTHING!

Given that Kumoricon is an anime convention, anime, manga, gaming, and other fandom related items would be awesome to have, but that's not the only thing we'll take! We have a great donation from the City of Lincoln City! We'll take almost anything! (but please, use common sense when thinking about donations ^_^).

An example of some of things we've already collected include a yukata-and-obi-set, manga, and DVD boxsets- including the COMPLETE Samurai Champloo set. But we need more and more variety!

Now how can you get these items to Kumoricon? You can drop them off during con, but it's BEST to give them to us before con. Drop them off at one of the next general meetings or if you can't make a meeting, contact the Director of Relations to see if other arrangements can be made at relations@kumoricon.org.

Last year our total was about $4,550 and this this year our goal is to break $7,000 since this is our 7th year!

Thank you for your support and hope to see lots of donations! ;D

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: Kumoricon 2009 Charity Auction!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 07:50:20 pm »
and its me again your friendly k-con auctioneer :)

i dare ya all to donate super cool stuff, so i can inturn sell it back to you :)
i wonder if some of my home made jam would sell? or mabye an lol blankie to go with the pillow from last year

this reminds me i have a ton of manga at home that i need to bring to the next meeting

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 04:54:06 pm »
As an added bonus, if people can find stuff that involves any of our guests, perhaps we can have them autograph stuff...

I've got some things that I'll be bringing, as well, aomw of them are personal donations, others are donated by people I know.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 05:02:08 pm »
Ok, the first 33 lots for the auction have been prepped.  You can see them here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=100105&id=657922949&l=71e908d472.

More stuff is expected soon.  The box set of Samurai Champloo has been sent off to a friend of the con to gather signatures.  Also, I have some leftover items that I am hoping to find good stuff to p:ear it with. 

Spread the word!  Get people excited about the auction and wanting to buy this stuff!  Especially those awesome Yoshitaka Amano lots from Dark Horse and that mech figure that I had to hide more of the year to keep people trying offering to buy it from us pre-auction.  That mech could make bank for p:ear if all the right fanboys know about it ;)
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 05:04:28 pm »
Also, I have some leftover items that I am hoping to find good stuff to p:ear it with. 

Dude, that's bad... even for you :-X
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 12:52:13 am »
Also, I have some leftover items that I am hoping to find good stuff to p:ear it with. 

Dude, that's bad... even for you :-X

LOL! Oh gosh- I'm sucker for puns ;D.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 05:07:42 pm »
More items have been added to the gallery of auction items (Go to the gallery pages of the Kcon website for a link)  New lots include authentic movie posters, DVDs (both used and new/shrinkwrapped), characters goods, and swag from this year's Comic Con International.  

We are up to about 50 lots, and I still have some piles of DVDs and Manga and stuff.  I am just waiting on more stuff to see if I can organize them better.  

Also, we have a great Maid Set, will someone donate stuff for a Bulter Set?  We need one!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:06:20 pm by Rathany »
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 08:14:47 pm »
I got an assortment of manga in different languages that I'm going to donate. I was thinking of a plushie or two as well. Should I photograph them?

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 11:10:13 pm »
I got an assortment of manga in different languages that I'm going to donate. I was thinking of a plushie or two as well. Should I photograph them?

Yay :)  You can post pics here if you want, but I am pretty much only putting completed lots in the online album. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp