Author Topic: Seeking Some Items for My Cosplay-- Does Anyone Know Where I Can Locate Them?  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
Greetings,

I'm seeking a couple items for my "Bleach" cosplay. I'm going as Komamura Sajin, and have almost the entire outfit together by now, but I'm missing the straw sandals and the socks. I can't find anything in my size for the life of me. I've checked stores online and most tend to say they're "one-size-fits-all"... unless, of course, you're a size 12 US male... Than that one-size-fits-all doesn't apply, or so it would seem.

So I've been going around and around and have yet to find anything that would fit. Though I have found a couple online that might (I'm not entirely sure), but were around $40... Which is a bit more than I'm willing to pay for a pair of socks. One pair I found on Ebay were $3.99... And $38 shipping. Pfft.
As for the sandals, I found some on Ebay but none of them have the sizes shown, and I'm still waiting for the few sellers I contacted to reply to my question.
Does anyone know where I could find some of the straw sandals and the white socks (I think they're called "tabi socks") in my size? Whether it's online or an actual store in or close to Portland, OR I don't really mind.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:24:10 am by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
I'm not sure about the sandals, but Uwajimaya might have the socks in different sizes...I haven't looked or seen them though.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline Mentally Hilarious

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
I saw the socks at Uwajimaya. I dunno if they still have them though; and yes they should have them in different sizes. They had I size chart when i saw them because they are measured in centimeters.

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
    • Kero-sempai on deviantART
Yeah, same here. Uwajimaya is a great place to look. I've seen the sandals and the socks there, and I don't think that they were so much money. I think it would probably be below $30 dollars to go buy them both there. =D
Uwajimaya is just in Beaverton, in case you didn't know, and considering if you haven't already been there 20 times like I have. XD I think the sandals with accompanying socks are towards the back. You'll have to look; they are near the Kinokuniya bookstore in there, but I wouldn't be able pinpoint it.

Offline Nisha

• Cabbit
I'm also recommending Uwajimaya. I would also suggesting looking around any local Japanese/asian gift or import store in your area, no matter how small or tacky the store may be. For example, there's a Japanese import store in the U-District in Seattle that has Sanrio items, a variety of dishes and a lot of different sandals--in all sizes--for a really good price. I don't know where you are, but I'm betting you can find such a store in your area, too.
Kumori Con '08 :
Kanda [2nd uniform] - D.Gray-man
[possibly] some Star Trek character

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
Uwajimaya? Huh, I haven't been there in quite some time. I forgot about that place... I'll have to check it out; thanks. :)

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
For the tabi socks:

http://www.sockdreams.com/_shop/edit/index.php

They are a Portland company, that's where I bought my tabi socks.

As for the waraji (sandals), you always recommend people make their own, since it is cheap and easy to do. Took me I think 3-4 hours to make a pair of them and after having worn them at 4 different cons now, they are still in perfect condition. I also spent $5 making them. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=69336&highlight=waraji+tutorial
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
Well, I hit Uwajimaya and found some Tabi socks there in my size. They were a little more expensive than I had planned, but they look to be of a better quality than the more "knit-sock-like" versions so I can't complain. They're actually more comfortable that I imagined, too. >>
So thanks for suggesting that store. I had completely forgotten about that place.

Unfortunately they had no sandals of this style at all, and the workers I asked didn't know of anyone in town who had any, either. So I guess I'll have to keep looking online.
I guess I could try making my own as suggested above, but as I'll be wearing these and stepping on them constantly I'd rather get something professionally made for the time being, and perhaps make my own pair down the road as a replacement. Though if I can't find any at all I may just have to make them anyway...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 06:55:28 pm by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
US shoe size 12 Mens = 30 cm for most Asian countries.

These few site have size 30 cm waraji:
http://www.japonic.com/kimono/shoes/waraji.htm  ~$47

http://www.karankoron.com/waraji.html  ($30 currently sold out of 30cm, but perhaps you could ask...?)

---International order----
http://www.nagomijapan.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=112_114
(1500 yen for waraji (~$16 US), 1300-1900 yen for shipping)

Good luck and hope this helps!
And so it begins...

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
Thank you very much. :)

This Year's Cosplay: