Author Topic: RE: Patrick King (Mr_Mustash) getting back Forum Access, a full disclosure  (Read 3250 times)

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
This is being posted at the request of Mr_Mustash on his appeal to the Kumoricon Board of Directors to lift his forum ban. He is seeking full disclosure with everyone so he asked me to post the letter that he sent to the board here so that all might read it.

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of the Kumoricon Board of Directors,

This email is being sent to you all as my appeal to to lift the ban on my Kumoricon forum account, Mr_Mustash. I was banned for doing things that were against the rules, and I respect that. Rules are needed to keep things in order and to protect everyone in the community.

This message is meant to be a full disclosure and not hide any truth from any of you.

I was banned for posting indecent, sexually latent story that I happened to copy/paste from the internet into a thread without thoroughly reading it first. As this was my second major offence against the forum rules I was given a 6 month ban. That ban lasted until August 13th, and that date has now passed.

After my Kumoricon forum ban I created my own shoot-off forum, Mustash's Playground (http://oregonstate.edu/~kingpatr/forums/). On these forums I created a no-rules environment where people could post whatever they want. I stated at the beginning that I would not be responsible for any of the content that was posted though.

There were many anti-Kumoricon threads created (ex: http://oregonstate.edu/~kingpatr/forums/index.php?topic=90.0) and at the time I agreed with a lot of them. The reason being is because I was very angry at the Kumoricon board for banning me from the forums and from being staff. I had been one of the, if not that most, active forum member since I joined in January of 2007. When I was banned I felt lots of anger because I was cut off from one of the largest community of friends that I had ever known.

This all has changed now though. I do see why what I did was wrong and why I did need to be punished. I no longer intend to be on staff (for multiple reasons including this event), but I will still contribute to the convention through various events and panels that I plan to run.

Please take this all into consideration as you deliberate on your decision to lift my forum ban.

Thank you all for your time,
Patrick King
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 01:32:27 am by NightLotus »

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
I say let Patrick back. If he was on the forums I would be on them more often.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I say if he has learned and grown from where he was months ago, let him back. It seems like he has.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Honestly I don't know anything about this situation. I don't know what was irresponsibly posted. I don't know how folks interacted with each other in the wake of it. I haven't been to Mustach's Playground or seen any of those posts. Therefore I have no opinion on such matters.

What I do want to acknowledge is that I'm certain that Patrick is not the only one who has ever posted something without reading it all the way through first. It's irresponsible, but I, myself, have also done it. Not on Kumoricon forums, but on Facebook. For example, yesterday I was at work when Teddy Kennedy died, may he rest in peace and be well-reborn. My friend mentioned on his FB page something about a famous speech TK had given. I googled it and found an article about the speech. I read the entire article, but posted it without watching the video linked in it first (which was about 1 minute and 18 seconds and of said speech), because I was at work. Now in this particular case, no harm no foul, the video was, in fact, just TK's speech. But who knows, if it had come from an unreliable source, I could've accidentally posted to FB something with inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate content, just because I was hasty and didn't wait til I had a break from or got home from work, so I could do the responsible thing and refrain from posting a link until I'd thoroughly checked out everything that comes with it.

Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Ah, well a few comments overheard back in July make a lot more sense now.

Yeah, I think we could use him back. Take the pressure off Nikkiole a little.  ;)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
Ah, well a few comments overheard back in July make a lot more sense now.

Yeah, I think we could use him back. Take the pressure off Nikkiole a little.  ;)
Yeah give her some comp on spamming.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
ya i have missed seeing mr stash around, i mean i never had food that went bad as long as he was around to inhale my fridge
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
I fully agree.

I really miss stash ) : I dont post much anymore and I used to be a VERY active member. If Pat comes back I would be on a lot more, he made a lot of really funny late night convos here on the boards.

If hes learned his lesson then I would let him come back, its only a week before the con anyways, let him enjoy the countdown with the rest of us? This is the most active time of the forums.

anyways I want Pat back. I dont think these forums run on Democracy but thats my two cents.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
Bring back Mr. Mustash from the Gulag. He has been reprogrammed and will now be a useful member of the forum.
The chip implanted in his head will explode if he fails again.
(Oops... I wasn't supposed to reveal that )
Ignore the ramplings of this cleary misinformed Dalek.