Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Game Reviews!  (Read 3217 times)

u3759

Anime/Manga/Game Reviews!
« on: June 24, 2009, 11:46:41 pm »
This thread is a place for people to write reviews for anime, manga, or games. Instead of going on a big search for something random to watch/read/play, you can get reccommendations here, all in one place.
If you would like to write one, please use the form below.

Title of series:
Anime, Manga, or Game:
Description:
Personal opinion:
Personal rating (from 1 to 5):

Please do not hestitate to write as many as you like! The more, the better!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:50:34 pm by danayoki »

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Re: Anime/Manga/Game Reveiws!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 11:40:33 am »
DANA THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA D:

Title of series: BlazBlue -Calamity Trigger-
Description: A 2D fighting game by Arc System Works, the company that makes the Guilty Gear series of games.
Personal opinion: "I CAN'T STOP PLAYING THIS GAME DX"
Personal rating (from 1 to 5): 4.5 (5 being PERFECT)

Okay, so I just bought this game for the 360 a couple days after it came out and I am ADDICTED. The character design is great, the soundtrack is amazing, the story mode is fun and interesting... Would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys fighting games like Street Fighter or Guilty Gear!

Um, not sure if I'm supposed to write a big review about this or not, so I'll leave it at that for now, haha.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Re: Anime/Manga/Game Reveiws!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 08:44:07 pm »
I wish more people wouold post though XD

Here's another one xD

Title of series: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Anime, Manga, or Game: Game
Description: "Inaba — a quiet town in rural Japan. A normal teenager arrives at the station to begin his year-long stay in the countryside, only to be welcomed by the news of a dead TV announcer. Shortly after, another body appears, mysteriously hanged from the top of a telephone pole. The cause of death is unknown, with no leads on the suspect ... As the peaceful community is thrown into turmoil, the urban youth and his classmates wander into a strange, surreal place covered by a thick fog ... " Source: WorthPlaying.com
Personal opinion: An AMAZING video game that mixes RPG aspects with dating sim ideas. The battle style is quick and light and the music composed by Meguro Shouji (WE HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY, EEEEEE!!!) is modern, yet enchanting. The storyline is hella interesting and will keep you on your toes!
Personal rating (from 1 to 5): 5

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
Re: Anime/Manga/Game Reviews!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 11:10:28 am »
Title of series: Shin Mazinger Z-hen
Anime, Manga, or Game: Anime
Description:
In the near future, a mineral known as "Japanium" is discovered under Mt. Fuji. This ore is discovered to produce a powerful energy source known as "Photon Energy". Dr. Juzo Kabuto and his associates have begun researching Photon Energy, planning to use it as a solution to the energy crisis plaguing the earth, when the nefarious Dr. Hell and his associate, Baron Ashura attack his lab. Along with this, the mysterious "Kurogane House" also has begun to become intwined with the affairs of these two parties. During all of this, Juzo's grandchildren, Kouji and Shiro, encounter one of Baron Ashura's robots on its way to attack Dr. Kabuto's mansion, where he has begun work on his greatest invention. Dr. Kabuto, seeing the danger at hand, sends out the Pilder to Kouji, allowing him to combine with the giant robot, Mazinger Z, to fight against Dr. Hell's forces.
Personal opinion: A great new retelling/new story of the Original Mazinger Z. Great plot, great music, great character design. Great Everything.
Personal rating (from 1 to 5): 5

Title of series: Basquash!
Description: The story takes place in the world of "Earth Dash", an alternate, futuristic version of Earth where human society split between the far more advanced lunar society and that of the planet's surface. A popular sport is BFB (Big Foot Basketball), where players ride mecha called "Big Foot" and play basketball in a giant arena. In the city of Rolling Town, Dan JD and his companions take the sport to the streets, rename it "Basquash", and then embark on a journey to overcome their past hardships and make their dreams come true.
Personal opinion: This show is absolutely crazy, Basketball playing Car headed Robots, Over the top hotblooded yelling, a man named Iceman Hottie. This is one show you have to see to believe. By the director of the Macross franchise.
Personal rating (from 1 to 5): 4

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Anime/Manga/Game Reviews!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 11:18:21 am »
Title of series: Ninin ga Shinbouden (Ninja Nonsense)
Description: Ninin ga Shinobuden is about as bizarre and oddballish as an anime could get. It is about a young ninja-in-training named Shinobu, her friend Kaede, the yellow-superball-headmaster Onsokumaru (often seen in white underwear and nothing else, the horde of faceless ninjas training along with her (all named Sasuke, apparently), and all the hijinks that such a wacky collection of characters bring about.
Personal opinion: I love the show, I think it is genuinely hilarious, original while also creatively spoofing the entire anime genre. The characters don't get old or get stuck in their roles within the show, continuously entertaining and funny. If you are in the mood for laughs, check this one out. Think Azumanga Daioh....with ninjas!
Personal rating (from 1 to 5): I give it 5 Tighty-Whitey Wedgies out of 5.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!