Author Topic: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite  (Read 3965 times)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
« on: June 21, 2009, 06:07:26 pm »
After 15 months of long, arduous anticipation, and various homemade translation patches, the top-selling PSP game, Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, will be available in the United States TOMORROW under the title Monster Hunter Freedom Unite!  For those of you who love this game, I look forward to being able to share my enthusiasm for this incredible series with you.  For those of you who haven't tried these games out, and are looking for a challenging, original, fun game to play with friends which will provide hundreds of hours of enjoyment for just $30, I strongly recommend you check out this incredible PS2 title!

Cheers,
-Tofu
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 11:06:32 pm »
Got myself a copy finally! :D

Some of the translations seem kind of weird.  For instance, the colorful sleep-inducing bird wyvern I've always called Hypnoc is now Hypnocatrice, but so far I'm pleased.  I'm waiting for someone to convert my MHP2G file so I can get all my ballin' weapons and armour again.  Until then, I'm using my converted MHF2 character.

Also, apparently I had cleared 399 quests on my old MHF2 game.  The first quest I cleared gave me a "400 quests cleared" message.  LOL

Okay, this is pretty dumb.  It's censoring "kut" in kut-ku in my greeting message. =.=

Whatever though.  I'm a happy tofu, and I want some people to hunt with me.

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 01:23:33 am »
YAY!!! just got the game on a recomendation from a friend it is not that bad. although i just started so I would be more of a burden then help to you on a hunt lol

China bound!!!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 04:00:53 am »
Actually, hunting with new hunters gives me a chance to polish my skills in areas where I'm not proficient enough to practice at higher levels of play, so I'd be happy to do some hunts with you if you want to get together sometime. ^^

At this point I'm free pretty much every day of every week.  Looks like I'll be busy August 16th and July 21st.  Other than that, my schedule is open.

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 12:50:37 pm »
Wewt. I'm getting it soon. I'll let you guys know when I get it ^^
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 02:16:11 pm »
Yay we have a group

China bound!!!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 09:13:12 pm »
I still haven't found a great place to hunt at the hotel.  Lobby's probably going to be a bit too busy, and there aren't a lot of other large, open spaces.  I think the third floor might have a pretty large chillin' area too.

Anyway, I think I know ~15 people now who are playing this game or going to start playing it, so perhaps we'll be able to see a revival of the Portland Hunters' Den. :D

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 09:33:41 pm »
I need to get this because I am so clutch in mh
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:36:48 pm by ha~ma »

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 09:48:31 pm »
You're my hunting hero. :>

For everyone else's information, ha~ma is the one who got me into Monster Hunter in the first place.  He's qute too.