Author Topic: Vanguard Princess  (Read 7124 times)

Offline kobansora

• Cabbit
Vanguard Princess
« on: July 08, 2009, 12:38:46 pm »
This game has been released for a while now, but I have decided to share some information about it to those who haven't heard of it yet.

It's pretty much a fighting game created by an ex-Capcom employee, and it was made with pretty much the highest production quality for a free fighting game I've ever seen. That's right: it's FREE. You can download it if you search for it on google.

The graphics are amazingly smooth and beautifully drawn; to the point where it's almost ridiculous that this is a free game. There are a good amount of very cool stages with great music, and the gameplay is awesome as well. Just check this out yourself:

Gameplay here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmKKyLxniQ4

Any youtube video you see will not do this game justice at all.

Pretty much you have three attack buttons and a support character button. It's kind of like MvC in a way because you execute supers with similar button combos and the support characters are kind of executed in the same way, but just a little deeper than jumping in and out. 
Anybody want a yoyo? Just send me a message and we'll talk!

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
Re: Vanguard Princess
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 04:15:51 am »
Playing this gives me blisters.
Team Koga

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 02:52:54 am »
art in this is dope, but the input detection is terrible.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:47:08 pm »
Unfortunately, I'm not really into fighters.  How does this freeware compare to CaveStory in production quality?

I'm starting to notice that the best-made games are free.  They aren't necessarily the most enjoyable, but it seems that the only time the effort is 100% is when the creator of the game knows they won't get paid for it.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 02:23:06 am »
Unfortunately, I'm not really into fighters.  How does this freeware compare to CaveStory in production quality?

I'm starting to notice that the best-made games are free.  They aren't necessarily the most enjoyable, but it seems that the only time the effort is 100% is when the creator of the game knows they won't get paid for it.
It's made with an engine called fighter maker, which has generally churned out crap on par with MUGEN. Doukutsu's production quality is good but I think that is is just ridiculous.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 03:03:04 am »
Ah, so not a custom engine.  Oh well.  Can't expect everyone to spend five years in their basement coding a freeware game from scratch. :P

Offline kobansora

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 12:16:47 pm »

It's made with an engine called fighter maker, which has generally churned out crap on par with MUGEN. Doukutsu's production quality is good but I think that is is just ridiculous.

Games on Fighter Maker are usually terrible, but this is the most impressive I've played.

It depends on what computer you're using I guess. On my friend's Vista laptop we get some noticeable controller lag. However, on another computer we get pretty good feedback. You might have to overclock your USB ports?

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 12:55:55 pm »

Games on Fighter Maker are usually terrible, but this is the most impressive I've played.

It depends on what computer you're using I guess. On my friend's Vista laptop we get some noticeable controller lag. However, on another computer we get pretty good feedback. You might have to overclock your USB ports?
Oh, the LAG is non existent due to overclocking, but the input reader itself is notoriously bad in fightermaker for dropping inputs. I have to reroute my pad through joy2key to get it to work better.

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 11:48:38 pm »
pardon the url, but Mizuumi.net (A doujin game community) has a wiki up for this already. Has combos etc.
http://vaginapoverty.mizuumi.net/index.php/Main_Page

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 01:48:40 am »
uhh...that URL might be pushing it.  I'll leave it up to Jeff.  I'm assuming the site's not full of nudity.  If it is, I'll have to ask you to take down the link.

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 02:17:41 am »
uhh...that URL might be pushing it.  I'll leave it up to Jeff.  I'm assuming the site's not full of nudity.  If it is, I'll have to ask you to take down the link.
check it yourself, it's a wiki. I can use a link protector if you want.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 03:43:51 am »
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You can actually abbreviate that URL to

http://vp.mizuumi.net/index.php/Main_Page
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 03:44:38 am by KogaRyu »
Team Koga

Offline kobansora

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 01:01:48 pm »
Genius.