Author Topic: Bleach cosplayers  (Read 14355 times)

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
Bleach cosplayers
« on: April 23, 2005, 08:22:32 am »
My wife will be going as Rukia, and I'm trying to put together a costume for Aizen Sousuke. Anyone else?

p.s: Guys who reallyreally want to be glomped - try going as Kon. My guess is that you'll be sore for a week afterwards.  :wink:
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 02:19:12 pm »
I think that is really cool you are going as Bleach characters.  

I wish more people would do cosplay from stuff that isn't as popular and done over and over and over again.
The trick is not minding.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 10:28:15 am »
I went to Sakuracon as Chad with his arm transformed and as Zabuza from Naruto, had way more fun as Chad, got a lot of comments.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 02:16:06 pm »
One of my friends managed to get his fiancee hooked on Bleach even tho she's not a huge anime fan, and now he managed to convince her to cosplay Rukia at Kumoricon too ^_^ He'll either go as Ichigo or Sandal-hat dude :P

Kon is so awesome, they pick on him sooooo much in the anime... I would so glomp anyone going as him in his stuffed lion form :D
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 09:02:31 pm »
Big Guy
I went to Sakuracon as Chad with his arm transformed and as Zabuza from Naruto, had way more fun as Chad, got a lot of comments.
Ohaiyo!   :)  I think I got your picture... have you seen forward to the point when Sado/Chad has reason to punch the ground yet?

Luana-neko
Kon is so awesome, they pick on him sooooo much in the anime... I would so glomp anyone going as him in his stuffed lion form
"I'm going to hide in your bag, and then all the girls at school will say 'Oh... :oops: I never knew Ichigo was the type who would collect stuffed animals...'"

(Not to jack my own thread... but is it just me, or have other people noticed that the "official" subtitling is so miserably bad that you HAVE to watch the fansubs?)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 10:59:19 pm »
Ehehehehehe, seeing as how I only watch the fansubs, I have no idea what the "official" subtitles say :P

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 09:28:28 am »
I'm confused about the official subtitles as well, do you mean the subtitles from the overseas dvd's?

Kon in a fancy petticoat :lol:
Chad silently chasing Kon :D

Oh I'm not sure which episode your talking about
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 11:40:48 pm »
do you mean the subtitles from the overseas dvd's?

Yup, I should've been more specific. I watched eps 1-10 on the overseas dvd's, which is why I wasn't sure until episode 2 that Rukia was female. The translator wasn't even getting the gender of the personal pronouns right... let alone minor details like case, tense, singular/plural, syntax, etc. :x

Sometimes I imagine an executive in one of these anime houses looking over the shoulder of the translator and asking what all the angry fan letters written in English say, and being told "Ano... this very supergood verbatim! You having translator be many raise!" And the executive walks away, thinking "Boy, I'm sure glad he knows English better than he knows Japanese."

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 02:44:36 am »
Quote from: "randompvg"
do you mean the subtitles from the overseas dvd's?

Yup, I should've been more specific. I watched eps 1-10 on the overseas dvd's, which is why I wasn't sure until episode 2 that Rukia was female. The translator wasn't even getting the gender of the personal pronouns right... let alone minor details like case, tense, singular/plural, syntax, etc. :x

The best overseas translation mess-up I've seen is in the Hong Kong subtitling of the movie "X".  Remember that in Japanese the "R" and "L" sounds blend together.  One of the characters in the movie was damaged and his friend came over saying, "Oh no, you're hurt.  You're breeding!"

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/airotciv87
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 04:29:27 pm »
Quote from: "BigGuy"

um....how tall were you O.O
i am asthenophobic, Cleithrophobic, dinophobic, and geroscophobic.

but i am NOT Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobic

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 04:31:58 pm »
I am six foot 2, there was a really tall chad, but he just had a Hawaian shirt and a parrot on his shoulder, he might have also been the really tall Zabuza,, somewhere around 6'6 or 7' or something.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/airotciv87
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 04:54:02 pm »
Quote from: "BigGuy"
I am six foot 2, there was a really tall chad, but he just had a Hawaian shirt and a parrot on his shoulder, he might have also been the really tall Zabuza,, somewhere around 6'6 or 7' or something.

yeah i asked him, he was 7 ft tall!! O.O
i am asthenophobic, Cleithrophobic, dinophobic, and geroscophobic.

but i am NOT Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobic

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 08:25:03 pm »
I'll see I can get my Orihime costume ready by the time.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 01:34:47 am »
BigGuy,
When I was asking about whether you were the Chad I took the picture of, I didn't have a link up at the time. I do have it up now, though...
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=325222

Aurora,
Yay! The more the merrier.  :D

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 03:16:25 pm »
yep, that's me. I have seen that episode, pretty nifty, I also really like the scene of chad in the opening credits. HEHEHEHE...Big rock :D
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Kaynin

Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 02:33:21 am »
as were all talking bout bleach, i am planing to go with my friends to the con and i will be Ichigo, working on makeing everything atm still.

Only thing i need to find really is some non perma orange hair stuffs that work well, me with my brown hair . . .

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 12:43:21 pm »
I just heard that two of my friends from college are going as Rukia and either Ichigo or Sandal hat dude ^_~ It's pretty cool since the one going as Rukia didn't like anime that much before this year and we have worked hard to convert her by getting her hooked on Bleach  :P

www.ronime.net

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2005, 01:09:21 pm »
Quote from: "Luana-neko"
I just heard that two of my friends from college are going as Rukia and either Ichigo or Sandal hat dude ^_~ It's pretty cool since the one going as Rukia didn't like anime that much before this year and we have worked hard to convert her by getting her hooked on Bleach  :P

were you dressed as songo fron inu at kumoricon?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.teamarc.org
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2005, 04:10:05 pm »
Hmmm, someone going as Kon must glomp anyone going as Orihime. That has to be a rule somewhere lol.

Is Bleach really not that popular? I went to Sakurakon this year and Bleach was all over the place merchandise wise.
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2005, 05:01:32 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"

were you dressed as songo fron inu at kumoricon?

Yep, that was me. I was the only Sango there, I was shocked! I also went as Kotoko from Chobits for half of the con too.

www.ronime.net

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2005, 06:59:36 pm »
Yep, that was me. I was the only Sango there, I was shocked! I also went as Kotoko from Chobits for half of the con too.

I'm pretty sure I saw one or two other sango cosplayers besides you.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2005, 12:34:42 am »
Really? I didn't see any others the entire Kumoricon, and all the other Inu Yasha cosplayers said they hadnt seen any either...

www.ronime.net

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2005, 11:20:38 am »
A big guy and small woman should go as the "strong" spike haired death god and the tiny pink haired lietuant. Don't rem their names (it'll probably take me the 2nd or 3rd viewing through to learn all the names heh) but the scenes with the running all around the city are great. Cracks me up.

Does anyone know if episodes 34+ are out yet? I've only been able to find through episode 33, which I'll be watching tonight :).

Heck, I'm liking the series enough I'm even tempted to mail order them from overseas if necessary.
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005, 01:32:38 pm »
Does anyone know if episodes 34+ are out yet? I've only been able to find through episode 33, which I'll be watching tonight :-).

Heck, I'm liking the series enough I'm even tempted to mail order them from overseas if necessary.

Generally, the fastest one out will be www.bleach-society.com, but some think Lunar at a.scarywater.net/lunar is better. I haven't noticed a significant difference, myself. Or check on both at the same time at www.bleachexile.com at the top of the page.

While I'm looking forward to buying the eventual reworked episodes (some american company has bought the license), IMHO it would be a BIG mistake to buy the Hong Kong imports. Check earlier in the thread to hear me kvetching about their translation quality - the fansubs are lightyears ahead of them. ;-)

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005, 02:16:17 pm »
Does anyone know if episodes 34+ are out yet? I've only been able to find through episode 33, which I'll be watching tonight :-).

Generally, the fastest one out will be www.bleach-society.com, but some think Lunar at a.scarywater.net/lunar is better. I haven't noticed a significant difference, myself. Or check on both at the same time at www.bleachexile.com at the top of the page.

While I'm looking forward to buying the eventual reworked episodes (some american company has bought the license), IMHO it would be a BIG mistake to buy the Hong Kong imports. Check earlier in the thread to hear me kvetching about their translation quality - the fansubs are lightyears ahead of them. ;-)

Excellent, thanks!

And....54 is out! watching that this weekend hehe O.o
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Anonymous

Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 08:09:57 am »
I'm making a shinigami cosplay, but I haven't decided whether to be Hinamori or Nanao yet. I love Hinamori, but I'm leaning towards Nanao, because she wears glasses, thus I can finally wear mine and for the first time SEE around a con!

Offline Menchiburger

• Oni
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2005, 08:11:03 am »
Whoops, sorry, above post was made by me!

Offline SlicklykaNinja

• Oni
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2005, 09:17:53 pm »
**raises hand** I'm going as SHiba KuuKaku.
and my best friend is going as Abarai Renji

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2005, 11:51:41 pm »

are u sure someone bought the license?
lunar stops subing when shows get license and there still subing

Omi-chan

Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2005, 07:17:43 pm »
I'm gonna be Hitsugaya Toushirou, but I'm too lazy to do his hair, I'll just wear the costume.  :)

Offline Emerald

• Cabbit
    • http://rbd.eqguilds.net
Re: Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2005, 07:13:06 am »
p.s: Guys who reallyreally want to be glomped - try going as Kon. My guess is that you'll be sore for a week afterwards.  :wink:

I happen to be going as Kon...

now I fear the glomping.....

/hides
Emerald

Offline Kitty Kat

• Cabbit
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 12:06:51 am »
Hopefully my friend and I will be going as Chizuru and Orihime if we can get our costumes finished on time. ^^

The last week before the con will be quite an adventure, to say the least.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2005, 11:52:56 am »
I'll be bringing my Chad costume again.   (chad quote, .....)
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Nightblayde

• Sailor Scout
    • http://angelfire.com/rpg2/nightblayde
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2005, 03:07:55 am »
Well, I am going as Ichigo and InuYasha. I have another idea for my next uniqe InuYasha cosplay quirk. I still have to find some idea to make my Ichigo unique.
BWAHAHAHAHA

Offline Emerald

• Cabbit
    • http://rbd.eqguilds.net
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2005, 07:46:16 pm »
w00t Just finished up my KON costume!
Well, I'm still working on the BUTTON.

BUTTON BUTTON -- WHO'S GOT MY BUTTON?!

Emerald

Offline Nightblayde

• Sailor Scout
    • http://angelfire.com/rpg2/nightblayde
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2005, 02:24:43 am »
That RULEZ!! :shock:
BWAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous

Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2005, 07:40:04 am »
Thankies! This will be my first time cosplaying!

Offline Kitty Kat

• Cabbit
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2005, 08:33:40 pm »
Unfortunately it doesn't look as if our costumes will be done on time, so the plans my friend and I had to go as Orihime and Chizuru are being put on hiatus for another convention.  :cry:

I got the perfect Orihime hairclips on eBay the other day too, but alas...

All of you others have fun out there though! I still reserve the right to shamelessly fangirl every Bleach cosplayer I see though, so be warned! ^^

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2005, 12:43:08 am »
Quote from: "Omi-chan"
I'm gonna be Hitsugaya Toushirou, but I'm too lazy to do his hair, I'll just wear the costume.  :)

Oh man, that's so cool, Omi-chan you always seem to pick my favorite characters!

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2005, 12:45:46 am »
Quote from: "Emerald"
w00t Just finished up my KON costume!
Well, I'm still working on the BUTTON.

BUTTON BUTTON -- WHO'S GOT MY BUTTON?!

wow, that's so cute and very accurate!  :shock:

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2005, 02:10:35 am »
Though someone did mention Bleach being liscensed earlier, I though't I'd clear it up by saying that the Bleach Anime is NOT liscensed.

Only the Manga is.

I was thinking of trying to do a Jidanbou cosplay for next years con.

Not sure how I would do that, though. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Bleach cosplayers
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2005, 08:38:41 pm »
Quote from: "Aurora"
I'll see I can get my Orihime costume ready by the time.
:oops: