Author Topic: July Meeting Location--less than a week to go, and no set location--again??! :(  (Read 1452 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
I love y'all, deeply, and it's been a huge honor staffing KC since 2003. Yet it remains incomprehensible to me why, so often, with less than a week before a meeting that people are supposed to come from all over Oregon and Washington to attend, we still don't have a location. This seems to be a recurring problem. Perhaps there truly is a dearth of free or low-cost meeting spaces. I wouldn't know. But for someone such as myself who is trying to figure out whether I have to drive or take public transit, and to make plans with friends from out of town based on where, within the city named as the meeting location, I'm going to be, it's genuinely a little frustrating, that so many of the meetings, attendees just can't make any plans in advance, because we don't get to know where we're meeting until the last second. I understand how that happens with raves and civil disobedience planning meetings, because they're supposed to be secret and hard for cops to trace. But it seems a little odd for our convention.....Please help me here....Anyone yet know at least what a few of the options are? Off of what exit in Salem? On what day we'll know for sure? Is there a chance the meeting date itself will change because we still don't have a location? Does whoever plans the meetings need additional help scouting locations? I'd be glad to help with that. Do we need to start taking up a collection at meetings to have money to be able to reserve a spot in advance that might require a deposit or something? I'd be willing to help with that, too.
I do love y'all, and I can live with this pet peeve, but hopefully in the future, we can be more proactive?
Rem.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Thanks.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).