Author Topic: 2009 Contest Deadline - TWO WEEKS to GO!  (Read 3662 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
2009 Contest Deadline - TWO WEEKS to GO!
« on: July 04, 2009, 01:05:57 pm »
OK gang - only a few more laps around the track!

Deadline is FRIDAY, 17-Jul-09.
(Judges' screening follows immediately on Saturday.)

Currently we have:

Tension: 2 entries
Genki: 3 entries
Retro:  5 entries (and couple of these are FANTASTIC!!)
Trailers: 5 entries
Action: 6 entries

Total: 21 entries - KEEP 'em Coming!

Also notice that two categories:
- Japanese Music
- Random Amusement

are COMPLETELY WIDE OPEN at this time.

Hope to hear from you soon!

- G

Offline rollthestampede

• Cabbit
Re: 2009 Contest Deadline - TWO WEEKS to GO!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 01:07:55 pm »
ill probably enter a few vids. i was suprised to see that you could ebter up to 4 and it seemed the rules were not to strict

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 09:37:51 pm »
STOP SCARING ME!

I haven't even started yet due to waiting for my new editing program to arrive. I have all my footage and music, though, but... ergh... my paycheck is three weeks late! T.T

Finally decided on 'em, though.

Noein - Viva la Vida by Coldplay(Tension)
Resident Evil - either Transylvania or Au Revoir by Malice Mizer(Japanese Music)
Final Fantasy VII - The Voice by Celtic Woman(Either Tension or Retro, haven't decided)
Final Fantasy IX Trailer - Vamo'alla Flamenco from FFIX(Trailer)
FullMetal Alchemist - Myaku, Jealous, or Dozing Green by Dir en Grey(Japanese Music)

I have a question about them, though. I know it's five; I'm still deciding between the FMA one and the FFIX one. Anyway, is it alright to have your own voice over in things like the trailer? Like reading character lines and such?
KumoriCon 2012

Offline rollthestampede

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 04:20:29 pm »
you gonna finish all that in just a week. if you can more power to ya but i dont know too many people who could make vids that fast

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 09:23:53 pm »
I made my FMA and Xenosaga ones in about a day and a half and it took half a day for them to convert to .h264 completely. The FMA one got into the contest, so it's not that far of a stretch for me. Getting the program tomorrow though; FINALLY got my paycheck.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 09:55:17 pm »
Quote from: Mitsukai Mizu Amaya
STOP SCARING ME!
BOO!

I have a question about them, though. I know it's five; I'm still deciding between the FMA one and the FFIX one. Anyway, is it alright to have your own voice over in things like the trailer? Like reading character lines and such?
Yes, you can always create your own audio as long as it's 'radio clean.'

Two exceptions: (a) If you're going for the condition in 'Retro' the audio has to have been created no later than 1983, and (b) 'Japanese Music' would be out unless you sing a Japanese song in a reasonably accurate, regional Japanese accent (some of the judges can detect and reject lame-ass gaijin accents in Japanese) or if you yourself are a Japanese national.

But outside of that, sing your own songs, play your own instruments or even original compositions if you like. Remember to artificially boost BASS when recording spoken text for 'trailer' styles because people subconsciously react as if it's more 'authoritative.' This technique has been used in audio advertising for decades, and we are all 'keyed' to it.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 10:06:46 pm »
OKAY GANG!

Please continue this on the new "ONE WEEK TO GO" Thread!

- G