Author Topic: Sing the praises of the Wig Shop  (Read 1361 times)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Sing the praises of the Wig Shop
« on: August 12, 2009, 06:13:29 pm »
Hey, guys, I really wanted to say something to you all about wigs.

If you're thinking about buying a wig, and you're not sure which site to go to, I've gotten a wig from Cosworx with fine results and also just ordered from Amphigory.com.

About Amphigory, I have yet to receive my package, but I really, really wanted to say this:
I am super impressed with Amphigory.com.

The wig I ordered was out of the color I needed. The next day after ordering, I got a confirmation email about my order. I replied with a "yes", but the next day I got another email saying they were out. The person I've been contacting in regards to this has been super helpful and really realistic about how long it'll take my shipment to reach me. Their response has been extremely quick, always a next-day reply if not day of (I haven't checked my times), and they don't mind if you have to throw in something extra to your order.

I've never really had this type of service with anything I've ordered online. Just this confirmation, questioning about problems like a sold-out wig, and suggestions with absolute friendly service has been great.

I hope I don't eat my words, and I'll post if something goes wrong, but, yeah. They've been great.

... So yeah. Go wigs!
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
Re: Sing the praises of the Wig Shop
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 06:41:43 pm »
Cosworx is also really amazing. I had such a hassle with my Axel wigs. They were sent to my girlfriends address, but never made it there, because for some reason her house didn't exist, and were sent all over Oregon. I finally recieved a message from the tracker that it had been sent back. Meanwhile I had contacting Cosworx and complaining that they messed up, and that I really needed my wig my a certain time. I had ordered two weeks a head of time, but it had taken about a week and a half for the tracker to finally tell me they were on their way back.

Cosworx was really helpful, and even sent out two new wigs to my own address, when they hadn't yet recieved the other two wigs that I had ordered completely trusting my word that I hadn't recieved them, and that I needed them. For all they knew, I could just be trying to get two free wigs out of them, but they priority mailed the wigs to me, and I got them just before my deadline.

It's nice to know that Amphigory has good customer service, as well. :D
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 06:52:59 pm »
wigland behind Lloyd center has a 10% discount for kumoricon goers. ^_^

They mostly have natural colored wigs but they do have unnatural colors. and they have tons of wig products and accessories. I bought some wig caps for 2.50. They have extensions and tons of other stuff.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Chaotic.Fox

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 06:54:51 pm »
How much do the wigs run at WigLand?

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 08:05:24 pm »
lol I freaken love wigland XD The guy working there is really nice and always asks what cosplays I'm doing. lol If he doesn't have it at the shop he can order it for you and shipping is fast. I ordered a wig for my buttercup and it came the next weekend. ^_^ lol That reminds I've gotta get some extensions. XP

Prices at Wigland are reasonable, it just depends on what style your going for and make sure it's not real hair. Those are always expensive XP It's a great shop just to check out, because it gives you another resource than shopping online. You can even try on the wigs to make sure it works for you.

I also love cosworks, they got a huge variety in colors which I totally love. Shipping for me has been super fast, I usually got my wig less than a week. ^-^

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 08:35:16 pm »
Wigland is a great place. I went there a few days ago to get my Soubi wig, and I got it for 35$, originally 40$, plus he threw in a free wig cap. 8D
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 09:01:55 pm »
i like both websites, except i never can find preparted wigT___T

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 10:16:22 pm »
I usually go to Cosworx for a lot of my wigs. They're fast, they're efficient, and they're pretty cheap. They're never out of what I need, either. I just got my first wig from Amphigory, too, and while it's kinda small the shipping was hella slow, it was very nice to have a tracking number that updated more often than USPS does.

Though if anything, I gotta sing the praises of Cosplaywig on eBay. My pigtail wig is easily the nicest wig I own, it was pretty cheap with shipping from China factored in and only took two weeks to get to me. That was actually FASTER than it took for me to get my wig from Amphigory from date of transaction to the day I received it. I know who I'm going back to if I can't find a wig in the states~

Offline pencil

• Sailor Scout
    • http://users.livejournal.com/_pencil_/profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 10:25:14 pm »
The people who run Amphigory are amazing!! They have such amazing customer service. I had a wig mixup last year, and although i couldn't return the wig, they were very nice and super fast to reply to my questions.
Plus they are really honest about the quality of the wigs they sell :3
I love Amphigory, if I'm not buying off ebay I usually only shop there.
K-con 09!
Maetel - Galaxy Express 999
Sanji - Shabondy, Regular, Okama
Mamori - EyeSheild 21 - cheerleader

possibly Allen walker?

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 10:29:46 pm »
I love Amphigory. I have bought most of my wigs there. For one their customer service is awesome.
But two, In my last order they included as a free gift a pair of earrings.
I love Amphigory, again. And won't order from anywhere else.