Author Topic: God of War 3  (Read 5797 times)

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
God of War 3
« on: June 24, 2009, 10:49:53 pm »
so i'm sure everyone has seen the latest demo shown at E3, and the recent extended demo shown on x-play on g4. anyone else as excited for this game as i am? every time i see the demo or any trailers i get really giddy and start having spasms and it takes a little while to get my breath back, lol, i may be exaggerating (though eveofabyss may say differently, hehe) the graphics are just sooo amazing, crisp and clear- the game play looks like fmv quality. and every time i see kratos gut that huge centaur... *speechless*

if only it would come out sooner, i don't know if i can wait until march of 2010... suppose i'll just have to keep watching the demo until then >.>

any hopes or expectations for the game? any comments on the trailers and demos?

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: God of War 3
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 10:55:55 pm »
Well, I must attest to the fact that you get preeetty stimulated from the game demos, haha. Not a bad thing, though. I too think it looks fan-friggin-tastic. Heads above the previous game, which was already amazing, so yeah, killer.

I personally am looking forward to much more Titan interaction and scenes of them scaling Olympus and "burning the heavens," as it were. I would love to see more of Cronos or Atlas in particular. And of course more of the Chimera. That is the best form I've seen of it yet, love it!

Being me, of course, I'd love to see more tentacle-flailing sea monsters, but I don't know if that will happen. I can hope though! Perhaps we can see Kratos take on a hydra?

I say all this knowing I won't play it though, lol. I never play the games. I just enjoy watching you play them, Kahlan, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 03:52:35 am »
i will have to pace myself when we get the game and try not to play it without you there, eve >.O

kratos did battle that 3 headed hydra in the beginning of the first game. i remember playing that the first time with my jaw dropped to the floor the entire time, and pretty much for the rest of the game, lol. i can't even imagine what i'll do when i play gow3 o.O

and i can't wait to see more titan action as well. i'm going to love killing various gods too ^.^ i need to look up the uncensored killing of helios, since it was too much for tv when we saw that special x-play on g4, lol. it's great that you get to use his head as a lamp ^.^ take that sun god *shakes fist* ok, so i have a personal vendetta against the sun, what... >.O

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 08:51:25 am »
Oh yeah...the hydra was in the first game wasn't it? I forgot about that. Hmm, what else is there slippery and tentacle-y? lol Maybe he could encounter Scylla or Charybdis (the two beasts between which Odysseus had to maneuver in the Odyssey). Charybdis was a giant mouth beneath the water that would suck entire ships in, creating a sort of whirlpool of teeth and death; and Scylla was a creature living in the rocks who would pluck sailors from the ship with, what could be assumed, long tentacles, heh. So either of those could be eeeeeeeeepicuh.

I really look forward to....lessee, which god do I hate more than any other....probably Helios actually, lol. Well, at least we know what happens to that guy.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 03:54:03 pm »
ooo yeah, that would be awesome for kratos to fight those ^.^

wonder why no one else is posting in this thread besides us....? i know we're not the only god of war fans on here *looks around* or maybe we are... lol

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 03:58:56 pm »
Probably are the only ones actually. That is a fact not even worthy of an L-O-L. Just sucks, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 06:58:16 pm »
 :'( no love for kratos from the forums... if only that kratos cosplayer was a member here, i'm sure he'd have something to say, lol. is the game too gory? or are people not into greek mythology? guess i don't understand cause i find it sooo amazing. there has to be somebody on here that enjoys the games o.O

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 02:17:56 am »
Oh well, who cares, lol.

The game looks amazing, obviously. I'm excited to see the feature that lets you pick people up and use them as a shield/throwing object. Also, the fact that you can set people on fire and they will, in turn, set others on fire. It's such a fluid, functional battle development.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 03:56:32 am »
oh yeah, i'm really excited for those features too ^.^ and those lion head gauntlets (can't remember the name of them right now...) those look epic and brutal

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 03:58:44 am »
Bryce? He is a great guy :3

I enjoy the game. It may be a little too mature for a lot of people >_>;;

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 04:00:35 am »
yeah, bryce, he is pretty awesome, lol. the fact that he does all his own leather work is pretty fantastic ^.^

and yeah, i can see how it would be too mature for a lot of people on the forums. but still.... lol

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 04:08:06 am »
Yeah, I guess not everyone has been desensitized to Centaur disembowelment, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 09:25:56 am »
I never played it just watched it but I really enjoyed it. I have been meaning to buy it for a long time now.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 09:31:35 am »
haha, I've not played it much either. I have tried, but it just isn't my type of game. I suck teeeeeerrrrribly at it. But I love the storyline and everything else about it, so I just let Kahlan do all the hardwork and I watch her play, haha.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 09:31:45 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 09:34:22 am »
Same. I am not really good at any games other than rpgs :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 10:06:30 am »
That's why I am so eager for them to make a film of God of War. It'd be beyond description in terms of awesome.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 10:46:18 am »
Yeah I hope it is good. I am looking forward to it ;D

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 03:32:14 pm »
lol, and i gladly play it for eve to watch, i love decapitating things and disembowelment ^.^ i must be one of the only girls to enjoy blood and gore as much as i do o.O hehe

as for the movie, i am super excited for it!! i can't wait until they start working on it, if it is actually happening. the guy said to play kratos should be amazing, but eve and i were watching something the other day that had an actor we thought was perfect, and of course, now we can't remember what it was or who it was >.<

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 09:43:14 am »
This guy: Kevin Grevioux. He is the one Kahlan mentioned that we couldn't remember. He really is KRatos incarnate. You can't always tell from the pictures, but he is pretty brutal.

But I'm still really eager for this game. Need more footage!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 10:35:18 am »
that guy really is kratos... i want him to play kratos in the movie, if ever a movie were to be made, lol.

ahhhhhhhhhckkkkk is it march yet? lol jk

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 10:43:20 am »
Nope. Not even close, lol.

But, here's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DuxCj0HGQM&feature=fvw

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 01:12:37 pm »
i'll have to watch it later, it's being all screwy right now and not playing >.< *pictures the gutting of the centaur* ahhh that's better, hehe

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 01:18:24 pm »
That may not work for you, I think it's HD. :/

Maybe I can find one not in HD.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!