Author Topic: New Shows for the Summer Season  (Read 5934 times)

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
New Shows for the Summer Season
« on: June 23, 2009, 08:55:26 pm »

What are you going to watch?

For me, Zetsubou Sensei and Cobra look like must watches, and Element Hunter is a maybe.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 09:01:05 pm by Man of the Public »

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: New Shows for the Summer Season
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 09:01:10 pm »
I'm super excited for new Zetsubou, I'll probably try out that Tokyo Magnitude too since it looks cute.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 09:07:13 pm »
Yay, more Zetsubou! I'm almost done re-watching the first season, it's so awesome.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 10:56:00 pm »
APH2!~

Element Hunters sounds pretty cool; I might check out GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class.

I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 12:31:19 am »
Probably none of them.

Watching Haruhi season 2..slowly..since there was like a month between episodes. I pretty much usually wait for shows until the whole thing is out, then watch it.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 09:03:50 am »
What is this according to? New for the US, or new for Japan (really new)? Depending on that, depends on what I'll watch.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 10:22:40 am »
What is this according to? New for the US, or new for Japan (really new)? Depending on that, depends on what I'll watch.
New to Japan. With the way dubbing goes we won't see any of these before 2010/11 in the states.

oslapedo

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 05:31:52 pm »
Nothing from KyoAni, I guess this means they'll be focusing on making the sporadic new episodes of TMoHS totally awesome 8)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 07:28:31 pm »
true blood!!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Mister_manji

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 11:45:43 pm »
oh joy, 2 good prospects. god this stuff has gone downhill....
thankfully i still have last season to watch
K-Con attendee 2004, 2006
2007 Programming Staff
2008 Programming Staff
2009 Special Events Manager
2010 Assistant Director of Operations
2011 Assistant Director of Operations

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 05:23:20 am »
New to Japan. With the way dubbing goes we won't see any of these before 2010/11 in the states.
I remember when Air Gear was being produced as an anime, fansubs only took 2 or 3 days to hit the tubes after each eps came out.  IMO subs are better than dubs because Japanese characters sound better with Japanese voices, so as far as I'm concerned, these shows might as well be coming out in the US this summer, assuming they're able to gather a decent following of people willing to provide the fansubs.

Granted, I don't watch a ton of anime, so maybe that was an unusual case or something.  Or maybe fansubs are taboo and I just don't know that.  Anyway, I just wanted to point out that dubbing probably won't stop devoted fans from watching these as soon as they possibly can.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 12:07:09 pm »
I remember when Air Gear was being produced as an anime, fansubs only took 2 or 3 days to hit the tubes after each eps came out.  IMO subs are better than dubs because Japanese characters sound better with Japanese voices, so as far as I'm concerned, these shows might as well be coming out in the US this summer, assuming they're able to gather a decent following of people willing to provide the fansubs.

Granted, I don't watch a ton of anime, so maybe that was an unusual case or something.  Or maybe fansubs are taboo and I just don't know that.  Anyway, I just wanted to point out that dubbing probably won't stop devoted fans from watching these as soon as they possibly can.
While it defiantly won't stop people watching fansubs from , myself included, some companies are learning form this and subbing shows right as the air in Japan and let you stream them. Funimation was even going to simucast One Piece as it airs in Japan one their website with subs until someone hacked the site and leaked the episode before it aired.

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 06:17:13 pm »
Spice and wolf II is a must watch for me.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 12:07:24 am »
Now that I've had a chance to read through the descriptions, I'm pretty excited about a few of them. Canaan, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Sora no Manimani, and Kanamemo all sound pretty good, and the art looks great for all of them. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for 'em. Thanks for the tips!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 11:33:10 pm »
Here's one that is not on that list but it's bloody fantastic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocLmKWaK5HE
Needless is it's name and unadulterated thrills and action is it's game.

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 09:25:34 pm »
I'm Giving Needless a try. Other than that, nothing piques my fancies.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline Koujin

• Oni
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 09:27:36 pm »
you can find Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei episode one on the net now.

Offline Namazzi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 07:21:09 pm »
I'm definitely watching Spice and Wolf II. Already started in fact, watched the OVA and 1st episode. :)
Not sure about the others. I'll probably do like I did with last season, and test them all, and then pick from there the ones I really like and continue watching them. :)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 10:22:39 am »
Thank you for this list (albeit that my eyes are wigged out after reading tiny white on black print). I do not have cable, so I won't be able to watch any of these shows, unless Wuntvor is showing them and I resume going to Anime Fridays again (it's been a couple years as my significant other isn't into it).
I would watch Umi Monogatari, Yoku Wakaru Gendia Mahu, Bakemonogatari, definitely am curious about Hetalia Axis Powers 2, and the a#1 for me would be Spice & Wolf II. This is because I betad for Toni Levi (professor who keynoted a couple early Kumoricons and gave workshops in Creation Station) an article for Mechademia (an awesome international academic journal about otakudom and serious explorations of anime and manga content), about wolves and shapeshifting characters and such........yah.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 11:40:13 am »
Ooh, I'm glad to see a list of new anime, I'm always quite curious about anime that's popular in Japan.

Well, I'm definitely seeing Axis Powers Hetalia 2, and maybe that one about the art class since I love everything that's related to art. xD
Visit my DeviantART! http://qiisnii.deviantart.com

2013 cosplay plans:

- Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!) 95%
- Anzu Futaba (iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) 25%

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 12:19:51 pm »
Ooh, I'm glad to see a list of new anime, I'm always quite curious about anime that's popular in Japan.

Well, I'm definitely seeing Axis Powers Hetalia 2, and maybe that one about the art class since I love everything that's related to art. xD
Good luck finding subs for the Art class one, I don't know a single sub group doing that one.

Offline Namazzi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 08:59:23 pm »

Good luck finding subs for the Art class one, I don't know a single sub group doing that one.

It is being subbed. Not sure who the sub group is though, it doesn't say on the video as far as I have seen, and it doesn't say on the website who is subbing it, but episode 1 is subbed so far, episode 2 still being raw. .. not sure if I'm allowed to post a link here though.. so if you or anyone else want's it, feel free to send me a pm. :)  ((Note that it's just a video stream, and not a download =P))
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 09:00:44 pm by Namazzi »

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
    • Reddsause- fandubs, parodies, and then some!
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 10:17:15 pm »
UminekoUminekoUminekoUmineko
Sakuracon~

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 12:51:12 am »
Thank you for this list (albeit that my eyes are wigged out after reading tiny white on black print). I do not have cable, so I won't be able to watch any of these shows, unless Wuntvor is showing them and I resume going to Anime Fridays again (it's been a couple years as my significant other isn't into it).
I would watch Umi Monogatari, Yoku Wakaru Gendia Mahu, Bakemonogatari, definitely am curious about Hetalia Axis Powers 2, and the a#1 for me would be Spice & Wolf II. This is because I betad for Toni Levi (professor who keynoted a couple early Kumoricons and gave workshops in Creation Station) an article for Mechademia (an awesome international academic journal about otakudom and serious explorations of anime and manga content), about wolves and shapeshifting characters and such........yah.

I have all the ones that are out so far Rem, including all five of the ones you mentioned.  I am not a fan of Bakemonogatari, it is pretty graphic, and the style of cinematography is very disjointed.  I couldn't get into it.  Umi Monogatari is sort of like The Little Mermaid meets DBZ if you can imagine that.  Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou is just weird.  Lots of falling washtubs in the first episode.  Spice & Wolf II is pretty good so far.  It starts off right where the last season ended, and introduces a few new characters.  So far I am enjoying it.

I hope to see you here for Anime Friday sometime soon.   :)
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 06:57:19 am »
After the first episode of the things I wanted to check out this is what I'm going to keep with.

Bakemongatari- My favorite show this season. The story is interesting and the art direction is AMAZING. Even if the story wasn't good the art would hold it up on it's own and catch my attention. Then again I'm an animation student, so things like that interest me.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0- Is looking like it's going to jump into excellence, I'm really excited to see past the first episode. Though the main girl annoys the crap out of me. Everyone's selfish at 12/13 though.

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni- I got all my friends addicted to Higurashi when it came out and now we have parties when the new episodes come out so we can watch them. It will be as crazy as Higurashi it seems.

Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei- Some may say it's lost it's feel after three seasons, I still love it.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 08:02:42 am »
Axis powers is coming back yay ^^