Author Topic: Manga, Webcomic,& Doujinshi Entries Sought in Fanfic Contest! Rules linked here!  (Read 5706 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 05:22:30 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
Hello to all you ficcers out there!

My name is Kate, and I'll be your Fan Fiction Coordinator for this year! This will be my 6th Kumoricon, 11th anime con, and my 14th con total! Can you tell I like conventions?

I've been writing fanfiction for 9 years now and have come to enjoy it as one of my favourite hobbies! I'm very excited to be in charge of the contest this year, and I know I'm going to enjoy reading the entries.

Our judges this year are:
Audrey Wood; who has been with the Creation Station for years was last year's Creation Station Assistant, panelist, and FF contest Judge!
Jeni Smith; Another returning Judge and panelist!
India Muncie-Jarvis; A new Judge this year, however she has quite a bit of experience in the world of fandom, and I know she'll do a great job!
Ellen Klowden; Co-founder of the Creation Station and the Creation Station Manager. Ellen is a professional editor who is always has great insight on writing!
and Myself!

We have some deadlines coming up pretty soon, so make sure to get your submissions in on time!

Novellas and novel length fics, and any manga or webcomic submissions over 50 pages must be submitted by Saturday August 1st, 2009.

All snail mail submissions must be received by Saturday August 15th, 2009 at the latest.

All e-mailed submissions are encouraged to be sent by Tuesday September 1st, 2009 so we have time to send you a confirmation e-mail, and so we are sure we are able to open any attachments or use any links to find your submissions.

At con submissions must be turned into a Fanfiction Contest Judge by 9:00 PM September 5th, 2009. (If you will not be attending the first day of the convention and have absolutely no other way to turn in your submission, please e-mail us, and we will try to work something out with you.)

For the full rules see: http://www.kumoricon.org/?page_id=94
Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations 2013
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Thanks for your dedication, and for posting the details, Kate! Looking forward to meeting India. It's a hallmark of Creation Station that we include newbies, as well as folks established in fan creation, in all aspects of our programming. So anyone interested, whether as a contest participant or in any other capacity, please be in touch :)
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
As announced at the July General Meeting, we're extending all our deadlines to better serve the needs of the con and attendees. While we'd prefer to receive your entries prior to August 15th, we will be accepting entries at con. (If your entry is novella- or novel-length, and you don't think you can meet the August 15th suggested deadline, please contact us asap to see if we can make arrangements for you.)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Deadline update!
Those whose novels, novellas, or illustrated fics top 20 pages, and whose manga and webcomics top 50 pages, are urged to have those in by no later than tomorrow, Saturday, August 15th; or at least by tomorrow to let us know of your intent to send them in, and then to have them on their way to us, to be received by Monday, August 17th. If anyone really can't make this deadline, PM me immediately. We might be able to work something out, such as, if you have a webcomic from which you could easily extract your favorite subsection or series of individual pages, to submit fewer than 50 pages.....(manga too).Works under those lengths will be accepted through 8 pm on the first night of con (Saturday, September 5).
If you are turning your fic in during the weekend of con, however, it must be in person, to me or to Kate, Fanfic Coordinator, or possibly Audrey or Jeni, judges, within the Creation Station, which is the Council and Directors rooms of the Hilton Hotel side of the con, on the 3rd floor.
Hope to see many more entries between now and then!
Please send a cut & paste, an attachment, and/or a link to fanficcontest@kumoricon.org
Or snail mail: Creation Station, P.O.Box 5098, Eugene, OR 97405, USA
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:59:53 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
Hey, it's Kate your local Fanfiction Coordinator!

Its just after 11:50 pm (08.15.09), which means the deadline for fanfiction 10,000 words or more (about 20 pages typed in size 12 Times New Roman font), and for webcomics or manga of 50 pages or more, is almost here! Ten more minutes guys!

Remember, fanfic works 10,000 words or under, and webcomic/ manga works of 50 pages or less will be welcome until 9pm Saturday Sept. 5th at the convention!

I will be at the next (and final) meeting on the 22nd and will be able to take entries there.

If you will not be attending the convention, or are able to email your submission (fanficcontest@kumoricon.org) we'd prefer to receive it by Tuesday, Sept. 1st so we'll have time to read it before the convention.

Any fanfic, manga, or webcomic entries submitted during Con must be hand-delivered to the Fanfiction Contest Coordinator and/or one of the contest judges within the Creation Station. Submissions must be in hard copy (i.e. printed or hand written on paper), or saved in a .word or .rtf format for text only entries, or a JPEG or GIF format for entires with graphics, on a USB drive, or burned on a CD. WE WILL NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS IN THE ROOM AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO FIND YOUR FIC ONLINE AND SEND IT TO US.

NOTE: We cannot accept submissions that have a MA (or R/ NC-17) rating. If you have a question about the rating you should apply to your fic, PLEASE email me! (fanficcontest@kumoricon.org or at khummer@teleport.com) I have done extensive research on fiction and movie ratings, in addition to working at a movie theatre for over 2 years, giving out advice on movie ratings on a daily basis. We will do what we can in order to accept your entry if it is borderline...but the judges' decision will be final.

Email us any questions!

-Kate
Kate Fletcher
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Great, Kate, thanks for all the details! BTW, on the staff list, they don't have India amongst the judges. Can you please contact personnel@kumoricon.org, to provide her real name and contact info, and to verify that she is a judge?
It's possible that they know that she's a judge, but that since she isn't doing anything else for con, she's not getting a staff badge?

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
That's correct, India is not recieveing a staff badge. I talked to Jaki when I was first considering India and she said that with India only being a judge, she wouldn't qualify for a staff badge. So I let India know she'd need to take care of her own registration, which she was fine with. I'll send that email though.
Kate Fletcher
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Thanks.