Author Topic: Art show and Fanfiction Contest anyone?  (Read 4180 times)

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
Art show and Fanfiction Contest anyone?
« on: July 23, 2009, 10:22:32 pm »
So I'm thinking about joining the art show but was
wondering who else is xDD
and I might enter a short-story for Fanfiction Contest CC:
anyone elses entering?

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
Re: Art show and Fanfiction Contest anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 11:47:15 pm »
I've actually been working on my Art Show submissions most of the night! XD

As for the FF Contest, yes, PLEASE enter! I would really like some more entries to read! *nudge nudge*

-Kate
Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations 2013
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 12:05:34 am »
I've been working my butt off for the art show xDD
and do they have to all be colored? or can some be just
pencil drawings?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 01:40:05 pm »
I'm not sure what the rules are for the art show, but I can definitely tell you that entries for our fanfic/ illustrated fic/ novel / novella/ manga & webcomic contests can be made using pencil, pen, ink, Copics, computers, basically anything legible and discernible is good to go :) This is true, as well, for entries in our art contests held in our rooms (Directors and Council, 3rd floor of the Hilton), at Creation Station, including our On-Site Mini Manga contest.
Wade, one of our staffers, ran the Art Show last year, so if a week or so goes by and you don't have an official answer (please forgive that I don't know who's running Art Show this year),
PM me and I'll ask Wade for you :) Good luck in both the Art Show and the fanfic contest!
Remember that we also have Fanfic Bedtime Stories and Fanfic Theatre; in addition to submitting your fanfic for our contest, you can read it aloud or cosplay it for prizes! (Or you may have someone else read it aloud or cosplay it for you.) Hope to see you there!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 04:02:40 pm »
I check the art show/creation station forums whenever they come up, so I'll answer any questions you got (yes, this is Wade ^^)

You can put anything artistic into the art show that you'd like. It's not limited to just drawings (which can be any medium at all). Origami, clothes, bonsai, jewlery, photography/collages, calligraphy, etc .... As long as you made it yourself and it has an oriental theme to it, it's acceptable! Just fill out a form (I think there was one somewhere on the forums here, but you can ask our Programming Director - Jamiche - about that, too.)