Author Topic: Cosplay HALP..D:  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Kadaashi

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantART
Cosplay HALP..D:
« on: June 16, 2009, 09:17:40 pm »
Warning. This is a fat post.

1st part..Mr Seccom Masada-Sensei

He is from a freeware game called Yume Nikki, and while this is indeed a very simple cosplay.. it turns out that I'm making it a lot harder than it should be. Why? His eyes.
This is his sprite

Yes sprites make things difficult, but behold! Fanart!
You get to have the fun of clicking the links considering some pictures may be too big. I don't want to make this thread TOO huge.

- http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/omfgchicken/1237340458996.jpg
- http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/omfgchicken/1241545534490.jpg
- http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/omfgchicken/1243067014493.png
- http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/omfgchicken/1244184374370.jpg

Anyway, yes you can see he has crazy eyes.
I can either wander around the con with my glasses off, my left eye is a little lazy so that might be okay (cheapest option)
I can draw something on some fake glasses
...or..I can even buy this (in WHITE since his skin is paper white) and then just draw the 6_9 eyes on.

Problem with the last option, does anybody know if sharpie will bleed all over the place? like there will be cardboard in between but like.. will the ink spread out? This is on lycra/spandex fabric. Please, if not sharpie give me another ink suggestion.
After that I will just be placing a black wig on top.
Will the wig stick to the darn fabric and not slide off?

Lastly.. what might be look better, tight longsleeve shirt and pants.. or a black catsuit/zentai type thing. Hoodless of course. Obviously last part is my decision.. thought it might be interesting.

NOW FOR THE AWESOME SECRET COW LEVEL BONUS

Little Lambo Bovino from Hitman Reborn.. Ahhh yes.
I can do the afro and the horns, but  does anybody think I can get a cow suit (WITHOUT UDDERS) from a costume shop? Or do you think I might have to make it?
I'm only 5'0" and quite slim.. so I can even search the childrens stuff. Maybe.

Any suggestions for all or part of this is greatly appreciated. Cosplay.com doesn't like me.. and the admins seems to have not accepted any of my threads. ... /(6n9)\
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:23:57 pm by Kadaashi »

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: Cosplay HALP..D:
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:23:41 pm »
I'll give you my opinion on the first one, you could, use fabric paint for the eyes. Have someone else paint them on white the suit is on you and then wait for it to dry for a bit. Sharpie would be a no-no idea, it will bleed like a bitch.

And for the black clothes I say if you will feel comfortable in it and you have the body for it, the zentai suit will look a lot better and seem true to that sprite.

For Lambo, just make the thing. Chances are you can find Cow Print or better yet, paint the spots on yourself with fabric paint. you can see if you can find whatever that thing is that he wears (I've never watched KHR so I just barely know what he looks like.) and paint the spots on or I know that in the Halloween part of some pattern finder books there are costumes for Lions and Horses or whatever other stupid stuff that you can alter to just be white and paint spots on. Stuff like that should be easier to sew too since it's mostly straight lines and because it doesn't need to be fitting.

Anyways hope that helps a bit~

EDIT: also it might help to put a wig cap over the Zentai suit? I've never worn one, so I can't say for sure but it's worth a shot.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 11:25:06 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Kadaashi

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 04:31:18 am »
I'll give you my opinion on the first one, you could, use fabric paint for the eyes. Have someone else paint them on white the suit is on you and then wait for it to dry for a bit. Sharpie would be a no-no idea, it will bleed like a bitch.

And for the black clothes I say if you will feel comfortable in it and you have the body for it, the zentai suit will look a lot better and seem true to that sprite.

For Lambo, just make the thing. Chances are you can find Cow Print or better yet, paint the spots on yourself with fabric paint. you can see if you can find whatever that thing is that he wears (I've never watched KHR so I just barely know what he looks like.) and paint the spots on or I know that in the Halloween part of some pattern finder books there are costumes for Lions and Horses or whatever other stupid stuff that you can alter to just be white and paint spots on. Stuff like that should be easier to sew too since it's mostly straight lines and because it doesn't need to be fitting.

Anyways hope that helps a bit~

EDIT: also it might help to put a wig cap over the Zentai suit? I've never worn one, so I can't say for sure but it's worth a shot.

Wonderful reply. I'll take a look at fabric paint to see how that goes.
By any chance.. is the paint, smooth? Like it wont get clumpy or rubbery, etc? I've never used fabric paint before. No idea if I've seen it up close either.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 06:24:03 am »
Fabric paint goes on very smoothly. You can go buy it at Jo-Anns (I think it's called Petal?) or there's a lovely bottle of stuff I was given that turns any acrylic paint into fabric paint, I can go look at the bottel and give you the name of it later today if you wish.

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Kadaashi

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 11:00:05 am »
Fabric paint goes on very smoothly. You can go buy it at Jo-Anns (I think it's called Petal?) or there's a lovely bottle of stuff I was given that turns any acrylic paint into fabric paint, I can go look at the bottel and give you the name of it later today if you wish.

If it isn't too much trouble the name would be nice so I have another option as far as fabric paint goes.
But thank you again! <3

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 02:41:04 pm »
Sorry for taking so long, my room was trashed so I had to clean before I could find the stuff.

It's called Fabric Painting Medium by DecoArt and it comes in a little bottle like acrylic paints. I'm pretty sure the person who gave it to me got it at Jo-Anns.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Kadaashi

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 07:45:56 pm »
Sorry for taking so long, my room was trashed so I had to clean before I could find the stuff.

It's called Fabric Painting Medium by DecoArt and it comes in a little bottle like acrylic paints. I'm pretty sure the person who gave it to me got it at Jo-Anns.

It's okay, that didn't take long at all.
o.O Sorry for making you clean..

again thank you. :) this helped a lot