Author Topic: Dragon Ball Hunt--postponed  (Read 5917 times)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
Dragon Ball Hunt--postponed
« on: June 17, 2009, 02:00:57 pm »
I was thinking of having a small contest each day where dragon balls are scattered around the convention space, and whoever brings them all to the gathering at the end of the day gets a great prize.

The dragon balls would be earth sized, as in the size of a softball, and marked with a bright flag. This would work the same way as the battle bucket used last year, except there would be 7 balls running around being dueled over. The duel is rock-paper-scissors, loser can't challenge again for 10 minutes, and only one dragon ball capture per battle. In the event of a tie, the person who has the most dragon balls gets the grand prize, while the others get a smaller but still worthy prize. In the event that 7 people bring one dragon ball each, they will all end up with the participation prize, and the grand prize winner will be up to the Eternal Dragon himself.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 01:10:05 am by TurboSaiyanJason »
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Re: Dragon Ball Hunt
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 10:23:39 pm »
When you say "marked with a bright flag", do you mean one that sticks up like the flag on the bucket so that it couldn't be hidden?

Offline mitsuki

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 03:22:21 pm »
Could yojimbo help out with it?

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 02:08:26 am »
one, they will be either painted bright orange possibly with a small flag sticking out of the ball, or each inside their own bucket with an orange flag on top. These will be smaller than the giant bicycle flags, but still enough to identify where the balls are.

And two, I would love for the yojimbo to help with this. I realize that if one person has all seven balls, it's going to be hard to carry them all in hand, so the balls may be stored in something but if someone is leaving the con even temporarily, they must hand their dragon ball to a staff member until they return, or if not returning, to be given to someone wanting the prize. At the end of each day I will go around using my dragon radar to track any remaining balls down that no one has found.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 02:12:33 am by TurboSaiyanJason »

Offline mitsuki

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 12:35:09 pm »
I believe that it would be a good idea to make a thank you card to the yojimbo who help. Also you should go and find the leader of the yojimbo and send him an e-mail to ask if we can help out with that. Tell him that Amy would love to do it.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 03:46:19 pm »
Will do, also I am working on a Super Saiyan 4 Goku cosplay to go with the theme, so the stars on each ball might be red or black.

Offline kayfig

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 04:38:29 pm »
This is an awesome idea and I fully support it!  One thing though, maybe the dragon balls shouldn't be TOO easy to find..

Maybe they could be a little smaller? Or at least have something that can be attached so that they would be easier to transport. ... and perhaps have the rule that they have to be visible at all times?

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 12:19:28 am »
Yes, they will be in tiny buckets with handles and carabiner clips to latch onto belts and stuff. They must be visible at all times. At the end, they will all be placed inside the big bucket and the dragon will be summoned, to grant the wishes of the ones who gathered them.

Offline Soujiro

• Oni
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 07:12:53 am »
Sounds fun
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 07:13:34 am by Soujiro »

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 10:07:34 pm »
Modification to the buckets: They will each have an orange flag in the top with the number of stars the ball is and a hole in the side and near the edge of the lid for the clip.

Presenting the dragon balls: The dragon ball hunt I'm thinking will go from 9 AM to 9 PM for the first two nights. The third night, when the closing ceremonies end. Then after having fulfilled three wishes, the dragon balls will scatter until the next summoning.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 12:02:12 am by TurboSaiyanJason »

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 01:09:49 am »
Sad day. I don't have enough funds for the prizes to run the hunt, or time to finish the dragon balls. But they will appear next year, and at MEWcon.