Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV.  (Read 13915 times)

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
Final Fantasy XIV.
« on: June 02, 2009, 01:12:12 pm »
Bahahaha. Trailer just launched itself on E3. Dunno if it's made it on the web yet. Looks kinda pointless to me since it's coming out the same time XIII is. x.x
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Final Fantasy XIV.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 02:48:19 pm »
Are you sure it's XIV? They are planning three XIII games, so it might be one of those. I haven't heard anything for a XIV yet.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 03:57:57 pm »
My friends confirmed that it is 14.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 04:10:15 pm »
Wow, that is pretty nuts. Hope the quality doesn't drop since they must really be spreading themselves thin between the 4+ projects.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 04:15:17 pm »
Yeah it is....I hope it is good as well, I'm sure it will be for the ps3 too.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:15:23 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 04:17:00 pm »
Most definitely. I'm sure they are never returning to the PS2, heh. Alas, it's an "old console" already.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 04:20:05 pm »
Maybe they would make it for the psp ;D but now with the new psp where you download games to it....

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 04:29:05 pm »
New PSP? Ah, they're going too fast, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 04:29:58 pm »
Yeah that was also announced at E3

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:30:28 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 06:29:39 pm »
I usually go to www.rpgamer.com for all of my RPG info. They have everything that happened at E3 (except booth babe pics T_T), from the new PSP GO to FFXIV and all the games and press conferences inbetween.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 06:36:37 pm »
Hmm, that design looks kind of awkward. It looks like an iphone or something. Not sold on it at the moment...but that's just based off the image.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 07:32:04 pm »
That's an older pic, I think. The new one isn't much different, other than the analog stick added.
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/currents/2009/column/em053009.html

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 08:12:05 pm »
Yeah I wasn't sure if that was it or not...that is just what I found when I googled it and I knew it looked something like that.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 08:13:24 pm »
Ah, well that new model does look a little more appealing. Not sure if I'll end up getting it, but it's nice, I s'pose.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 08:16:31 pm »
It would be very annoying if they make games only for it....which I'm sure they will x.x

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 11:24:24 pm »
Sony actually made it clear that they will continue to treat the PS2 like their newer consules so long as people continue to use it. Also, XIV is solely for the PS3. Or at least, for now it is.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 03:40:29 am »
ooo that trailer looks awesome, i love that flying sea monster in the beginning ^.^

though i see it's online, like ffxi, which i never played... so that's a little disappointing T.T i dunno, maybe this one will make me want to play a mmo rpg, who knows. but i see that nobuo uematsu is back doing the music, that's pretty exciting ^.^

it's also sad that they seem to be moving away from the trademark final fantasy hair styles, all those gravity defying spikes and such T.T ah well, they still wow me every time they put out a new game or trailer or movie (which they should make more, lol) square has really perfected the art of cg, i love it <3

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 08:07:53 am »
I was thinking it might be online, I'm not too surprised since they are releasing it the same time as all the XIII games.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 01:25:58 pm »
Just saw the trailer. Hmmmm....I'm not sure about this one. I'll have to see/hear more first, but my initial reaction: Hmmm...

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 03:19:21 pm »
Still haven't seen a trailer, I find one latter.

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 05:25:53 pm »
Just saw the trailer. Hmmmm....I'm not sure about this one. I'll have to see/hear more first, but my initial reaction: Hmmm...

that was about the same as my reaction. though the sea monster was awesome ^.^ it looks a lot like the ffxi stills i've seen, very "normal" looking characters, as far as final fantasy goes.

i wonder if it actually has an involved story line or if it's just like any other online rpg with a broad/vague "story" and all you do are quests and such *ponders*

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline ruena

• Cabbit
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 06:33:32 am »
I haven't seen any trailers for FFXIV yet, but I'm already turned off by it because of my indifference towards MMOs. But I'll play it if I don't have to pay. >.>
Come see me at Gaiaonline!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 08:02:38 am »
Yeah, if there actually is a way to play it off-line, I would be much more inclined to follow it and possibly play it. Possibly.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 10:29:35 am »
Yeah the online thing kinda turns me away. Also that it is coming out around the same time as the other ff games and I much rather play them.....

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 11:58:28 am »
I still think it's a waste of time and money. Especially to release it when the XIII games are coming out at the same time.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 12:39:43 pm »
Yeah. If I somehow get the money for a 360 I am going to go for Vs and then XIII over XIV. But I think I may get Agito first :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 01:42:14 pm »
I'm all about Versus XIII right now. The trailer I've seen for that has me stoked like mad.

But with them all coming out at the same time, I'm wondering if XIV is actually meant as an online alternative for the FF fans who actually preferred the style of XI to other console-exclusive games? Seems like they are presenting these games as alternatives to each other (XIII and XIV, I mean - not XIII to itself).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 01:42:31 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 02:58:02 pm »
Here's the trailer if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgdLntmJhYA

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 04:32:38 pm »
Thanks for the link. I'll have to watch it a little later.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2009, 02:19:06 am »
Even with the trailer...I just can't care much about this game. Online....just not my bag.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Tyrael

• Oni
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2009, 12:46:56 pm »
I play FFXI right now, so when XIV comes out I will be migrating to it.  I'm pretty excited.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 12:49:14 pm »
Ah, well it's nice that someone is eagerly anticipating the game. I probably won't play it, but at least someone will, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline mattstotts46

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/mattstotts
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 05:48:32 pm »
If the online was free i'd try it. Usually with online games though there is bound to be player killing and no real story. Plus I detest lag with online games (It usually got me killed) Q(",Q)
Hello. My name is Matt. I like Twilight and the Jonas Brothers.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2009, 09:07:11 am »
heh, player killing. The one law that there's always someone ready to break. Yeah, that adds to my not wanting to play this or any other online game.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2009, 09:13:14 am »
I hope they do not rush it because I  really like good final fantasy games.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2009, 09:39:30 am »
Yeah, me too. I just don't think there will be much of a story to this one. MMORPG's are always lacking in the plot department because they have to last long enough to go on forever, like soap operas. There's always one massively vague overarching story, but no real plot. That's why I think this game may fail, it being a FF game won't save it from the fact that it's an MMORPG.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 10:11:20 am »
And we definatly do not need a horrid game.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 10:20:56 am »
Well, in my opinion it's going to be horrid because I just don't like online games. If they made it like the other FF games - with real plot and story, conflict and clear resolution, real characters with histories and development...then I'd like it. But MMORPG's tend to stay away from all of those things.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline squall leonheart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2009, 07:35:31 am »
For my first statement I also play XI right now, Soliant from siren server =P.  Second I address the bad timing at releasing at the same time as XIII.  While I agree with this statement, as a hardcore FF fan it won't halt me for a second from buying every last one of them.  Also it was announced that it may be coming out for xbox 360 now too.  I would most certainly hope XIV would be good too.  They started out making it when XI came out (over 5 years ago).  It's also the first HD MMORPG to be made from what I am told, though I'm not sure how much relevance that has to anything other than the graphics will be stunning as opposed to other MMOs.  As for poor story I honestly am not sure where it comes from.  Final fantasy XI had some of the best story lines I've played through.  Most were small and quest related but I don't think it deserves to be written off as no good just because of that.  Chains of promathia took me forever to finish (both because of lack of help and it's traveling time) but from the story that it followed, I was absolutely hooked.  The downside of course is you have to waste multiple years of your life like me to get to the highest level and get good equipment so you can complete the quests =P.  To be honest in the very end I think the game has potential, but I'm scared since it looks like a watered down final fantasy XI with the alure of graphics and Nobuo guiding it atm.  We will certainly have to wait and see what happens :3.

Always Bored, contact my msn if you want to chat.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2009, 08:39:29 pm »
    Yes, FFXIV will be online for sure...they say that they will still keep the FFXI servers online but we will see. As far as the bad timing of release thing...I just have a couple things to say. 1. SE never releases a FF game when they say, they still have to dangle it over our heads for a minimum of a year and a half as they have been doing with FFXIII & have done with other ones in the past...2. A good majority of FF fans that I have seen avoided FFXI because they didn't feel like it was a real addition to the FF world (if you play the missions...the stories are exceptional btw) & I expect it would be the same for FFXIV even though its supposed to be pretty.

Oh & squall leonheart...check out this thread :D
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=11515.0
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 06:55:41 am by Cyprus »

Offline squall leonheart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2010, 01:06:12 am »
It's definitely looking like 14 isn't going to come out until winter '10 (if that), they're pretty dedicated on their '10 release date, but unless I have something set in stone I just don't believe it, summer '11 I would believe more.  If FF13 does well for awhile I think they'll delay it so they can make as much money as they can off of that until sales drop and they'll follow up with 14 what I can guess 1 year later from 13 (3/9/10).  I may have quit 11 after 5 years but 14 will be my next attempt at an MMO.  I'm bored with nobody to talk to atm so hopefully this will occupy enough of my time between cons where I can meet and talk to people of similar interests.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2010, 06:54:55 am »
I still play my FFXI account here & there but don't really do any end-game anymore...just takes up too much time & I have already got a majority of the gear that I want. Most of the time I just play with my G/F & mother since they both have accounts also. As far as FFXIV goes...I don't think I will play it. Although I am interested to see if the story/stories are as good as the ones in FFXI, I just don't want to have to start over on a new character after the massive amount of time I spent building the ones I have already. There are plenty of people who have accomplished even more than I have & it still took me all these years to do it. I think that once FFXI is done, so am I with MMORPG...just gonna have to youtube the FFXIV story or something.

Offline squall leonheart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2010, 08:15:05 am »
I personally look forward to starting over again.  You can start over doing a new job on FFXI and it slowly loses it's charm after the first couple times you do it, I did a 4th and that was it.  Then I proceeded to get every piece of armor I could ever want, and didn't have the time to commit to groups that needed time commitments I couldn't keep.  It's hard to give everything up when you work so hard on something, but to me final fantasy is just that, final fantasy.  I'm a dedicated fan and I'll blindly play the next game they put in front of me regardless of how good or bad it is, or how much time I invested in the one before.  Finishing X-2 is my testament to that.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2010, 08:39:14 am »
I am also a FF fan...but the amount of time needed to group up & do things in MMO isn't something I have anymore with my work schedule. As we speak now, I am sitting at my desk at work & will be here for hours to come. Starting over is in no way appealing to me. It's one thing to play FFIX or FFVII over & over again from the beginning...it will still only take you a set amount of hours to accomplish your goals & you don't need other peoples help to do any of it. However, starting over online has a never-ending time frame in which to accomplish this...even the most basic of goals will take you far longer than any offline FF game. Although I will defend FFXI to the end for being a great game with awsome story, I would still never recommend it to anyone that does not have a lot of free-time to commit to it & a dedication to learning how to play & gear properly. Though I have many 75 jobs between multiple characters on FFXI, I never seem to have enough time to do everything I want. Sadly, making gil & obtaining items for the online games has proved to be much more difficult than other FF games. This is due to certain that are obsessed with gil to the point of inflating prices to extreme levels...which makes it hard on everyone else.

FFXIV might eventually suck me in as FFXI did, even though I swore I wouldn't play it...then bought it when it came out...we will see.

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2010, 03:26:50 pm »
FF13 movies look pretty awesome, not the gameplay but the video sequences. I wish they'd just make more FF movies instead of games.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2010, 05:13:47 pm »
Beta is open for Sign up. Should be available for both PC and PS3.

http://entry.ffxiv.com/na/index.html
Team Koga

Offline squall leonheart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2010, 09:12:11 pm »
applied first day, haven't heard a response yet.

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2010, 10:09:00 pm »
just applied and i hope i can play lol

China bound!!!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2010, 08:25:16 pm »
Looks like Alpha testing just ended and first wave of Beta began last month. Those who bought FFXIII should know they gave a code for applying for the second wave. The ones chosen for Beta 2 should be emailed soon. 

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2010, 11:41:03 am »
*waiting on pins and needles for XIV* Yay I can't wait! It sounds like they fixed many of the things I didn't like about XI. Like how after a certain point you pretty much NEED a party to lvl *sigh*

Have YOU heard the good news of Jenova?