Author Topic: Pre-registration - what's it get you exactly?  (Read 4440 times)

Anonymous

Pre-registration - what's it get you exactly?
« on: April 17, 2005, 02:49:42 pm »
I was going to pre-register, but it doesn't actually say what that gets you.  Does it get you a pass for all 3 days?  Just one day?  A reserved slot?

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 03:12:51 pm »
u get a pass for all three days so before May 31st its $30 so its $10 bucks a day basically

this site need a FAQs page thast answers all these questions

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Re: Pre-registration - what's it get you exactly?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 11:53:23 am »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
I was going to pre-register, but it doesn't actually say what that gets you.  Does it get you a pass for all 3 days?  Just one day?  A reserved slot?

Pre-registration largely gets you two things:

(1) Your badge is printed, not hand-written.

(2) You pay less to go to the con.

At every stage, pre-registering is cheaper than paying the at-the-door price.  When you pre-register, you're making your full payment for your all-weekend con badge, and you ensure that (1) you're in, and (2) you won't have to worry about missing out due to attendance capping should it come to that - last year we were shocked (and thrilled)  to see how many people came to our con, though we had to cap attendance much earlier than expected.

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Re: Pre-registration - what's it get you exactly?
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 10:36:52 pm »
Quote from: "PezCat"
At every stage, pre-registering is cheaper than paying the at-the-door price.  When you pre-register, you're making your full payment for your all-weekend con badge, and you ensure that (1) you're in, and (2) you won't have to worry about missing out due to attendance capping should it come to that - last year we were shocked (and thrilled)  to see how many people came to our con, though we had to cap attendance much earlier than expected.

PezCat

Keep in mind there was also the other gathering at the hotel.  That probably limited our attendence a little more, right?

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 10:52:40 pm »
I reserve the right to be incorrect, but I don't think it had that much affect on us, as the other gathering really didn't go into our con space hardly at all.  It may have affected hotel room availability, but I don't know how full the Marriott was that weekend.  Granted, not sharing space with anyone else can only help matters this year...

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 11:59:47 am »
Quote from: "PezCat"
I reserve the right to be incorrect, but I don't think it had that much affect on us, as the other gathering really didn't go into our con space hardly at all.  It may have affected hotel room availability, but I don't know how full the Marriott was that weekend.  Granted, not sharing space with anyone else can only help matters this year...

PezCat

Do you know if we are sharing the hotel with anyone this year?

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 12:09:43 pm »
I still reserve the right to be wrong, but as far as I know, we are not sharing the hotel with any other specific gathering.  I believe that was part of the reason we jumped on the Doubletree, actually.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Zidane

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 12:12:05 pm »
where is convention taking place? what part of portland? im deciding if i need a hotel room or not, cuzz i live in hillsboro, about 20 miles away
Virtue: "You dont need a reason to help people"
"Zidane! Making all the the homies say ho and the girlies wanna scream"

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 12:15:17 pm »
Quote from: "Zidane"
where is convention taking place? what part of portland? im deciding if i need a hotel room or not, cuzz i live in hillsboro, about 20 miles away

Heh, adding to that question (I've only been to Portland once...) is it by the riverfront? I wana get some awsome picture down there if we are...

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 03:42:20 pm »
Last year we were by the riverfront when we were at the Mariott.  I don't know about this year, but I'd guess no if I had to guess.  As for actual location, just go to the Kumoricon frontpage (not forum) and click "Hotel."  That should give you all the info you need (or at least the best way to get it)

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 05:24:21 pm »
only thing I know is that its near the lloyd center as I recall.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 07:47:22 pm »
I believe it's on the other side of the river of the Marriot this year.  I can picture where it is but I'm not sure what it's next to.
(other than the Lloyd Center)

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 07:49:33 pm »
to be exact its across the street form the loydd center.  u can go back and forth with out delay (except for MAX and cars)