Author Topic: Cosplay/ convention/ anime Pet Peeve.. we all have 'em, so whats yours?  (Read 58471 times)

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Being a horribly frail person, I also agree with the hurt and outfit damage bit....>u>;
Some people put A LOT of work into their costumes.
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
^yea ditto here on that guys... i actually had my gumi hip vest thingy rip cuz of a glomp ._. *haz to buy a costume online now cuz she feelz lazy to make a new one*

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
^ thats depresing!

i also dont like it when your in the middle of a ame or somehing (like the freeze game) and people walk up to thier friend whos in the middle of preforming and try to talk o them. "um... were playing a game... if you can wait a few minutes unil thier out..." *gets glared at*

D: you dont have to glare evily at me when im trying to explain something!

on the onther hand i love it when people want to join our games (THATS THE REASON WE DO THEM IN THE LOBBY AREA)
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
You know what kind of irritates me?  Otaku cliques.  :P  Everyone has their group of buddies, but I've definitely seen before where people will form a really tight knit group and sort of shun off new people.  It just seems to remind me of middle school/high school too much.  And lets be honest, most of us were probably social outcasts or didn't fit in.  So, it disheartens me to see it happening in this environment again.  Hey, we all love anime enough to visit (and sometimes do so while cosplaying) a convention dedicated solely to that topic.  Lets all be friends. D: Yayyy.  :D

(OK, obviously use your discretion.. If someone hasn't showered in 30 days and won't stop talking about their favorite hentai movies.. I don't blame you for not wanting to hang out xD but I think you all get what I'm saying.)

;-; Thank you, Reppy. I kinda felt like that all con. When I wasn't at a panel, I felt incredibly depressed because everyone was having fun with friends but me. Not to mention the friends I did have at the con didn't have a cell phone/had no minutes/had limited minutes and so it was impossible to track them down. Thankfully, this time I'm going with friends this time, and as an added bonus, they all have phones. No more being lonely for me~!

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline Vysh

• Sailor Scout
^ I can't stand those tight little circles, It's like they have a 'back off' shield around them o___o I can understand how much it sucks trying to look for friends who don't have a cell phone, but its easier to find them if you know they'll be down in the gaming room or something XD

@snowshoe
I agree you'll make a great etna, and I think we can agree that that naruto cosplayer was prolly out of their mind
I was a Prinny and Ryouga Hibiki for K-con 2011, got any pictures? I'd love to see them

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
Actually, I have an opinion on the other side.

I go to cons to hang out with my friends, and it's always nice to make new ones. However, if I'm sitting with my friends in a corner at the end of the day, I'm not going to be pleased with people who come over and randomly attempt to push their way into the conversation. Once, a creepy guy came and sat down right by us, tried to change the conversation, and then tried to get one of us to lend him our cell phone.
Not cool.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
I've got to agree with Katie here, they creep me out.
I can appreciate it if you come up and introduce yourself all friendly like, and ask if you can join in the conversation, but I can't deal with it if people just show up and start talking to me >>
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
heehee i actually did that to 2 dudes (one of them is my friend now XD and he's gonna hang again with me this year) but they were glad that i did that cuz they were all "lost" and "new" at con *i was too lolol* but yea. i love talking to random ppl and freaking them out >:{DDDD
but mostly i just say "hi i love your costume! ^_^<3 how long did it take u? what material did u use? did u have to use different methods for the sewing? etc" i mean i love art so you know ._. but after i can tell they feel uncomfy i say "well nice talking with you! hope you guys have fun! ^_^ and if you guys want to talk again u can just find me on the forums!" yuuupz. =w=

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
Well, I certainly understand the different perspective, especially coming from a girl.  XD  As a male, I don't have weird guys following me around... as far as I know..

Anyways, what I kind of meant is a little more beyond that.  I'm not saying everyone should be outgoing and "HEY WHAT'S UP DOODS" to every person they come across.  I guess I'm more talking about the groups that might kind of look down on other people because they're not part of the "cool group" or something. xD 

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
I have to second the random people trying to weasel/force their way into a conversation and whatnot. Now don't get me wrong, meeting new people at cons is really awesome, but please also have common decency and manners. It also bothers me when people feel the need to follow us around and pretend like we're OMG BFFS. Believe it or not we just MET 5 MINUTES AGO. Now if people are polite and actually ASK to chill with us, now that's a whole different thing. ;)

And this isn't exactly a peeve as much as it is an annoyance, but when we're surrounded by cameras and we're posing, don't ask if you can take a photo. YOU CAN. We're posing for a reason, and we don't have the time to say yes because that would make for some weird facial expressions in the photos. XD I hope that makes sense. I understand people trying to be polite, but in the middle of a group like that just go for it. WE ARE HERE FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT. :P

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Two faced people. The people who are nice to you in person then bash you behind your back. I must admit that I did this at one point but I am working on changing it. I find it really funny that people are mad at me for doing it yet they do it themselves.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
wow ._. ppl are weird... i love meeting new ppl and the ONLY way i do it is by randomly saying hi! and telling ppl how great their costumes look. after that i just leave them be! i can tell when ppl don't want me there *obviously not a dumb@ss* but yea. i mean i just HATE it when ppl are like <_< and they give u the stare of "you're uncool get away from here. i don't want to talk to you cuz you obviously look like a loser at cosplaying" yea...
i hate those ppl. and those are the ppl i annoy >:{3 just cuz i hate them! <3~

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
Re: Cosplay/ convention/ anime Pet Peeve.. we all have 'em, so whats yours?
« Reply #362 on: July 05, 2010, 02:32:57 pm »
Oh Con pet peeves.
They always exist.

Mine are pretty simple.

Respect:
Seriously, you're there to have fun. Respect people, respect costumes, and hell, have some respect for yourself. Do you really want to be remembered as the screaming, weaboo, glomping kid, or the person who was taking awesome pictures?

Costumes:
People work hard on them. Don't go ruining them by ripping parts off! This has happened to a friend of mine on several costumes. One being cutting off a chunk of her Sasuke wig. Yes, I'm being serious. Not to mention, if someone is openbound and painted, then it might not be a good idea to hug them. This happened to me. A lot, when I was doing Taboo Sho as Sak this year. It was ridiculous. I was lucky I -didn-t rip my binding.

Elevators:
Every year, At Nan desu kan......The Elevators always got broken. Always. Ten flights of stairs to get to your room? Kthxno.

XD yeah. Besides the obvious confunk, I got nothing else.
K-con 2015-
Lamento: Asato
KnB: Aomine Daiki
TnC: Gunji
Possibilities-
Something from persona, something from SNK, possibly DmmD?

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #363 on: July 05, 2010, 02:48:32 pm »
Two faced people. The people who are nice to you in person then bash you behind your back. I must admit that I did this at one point but I am working on changing it. I find it really funny that people are mad at me for doing it yet they do it themselves.
I want to kick those people >O
"Oh, your cosplay is awesome :D"
*walks away*
"Did you see that crappy looking Renge?"

It hurts, yo. Just stop.
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #364 on: July 16, 2010, 02:54:40 am »
Meetings in Eugene, sorry Beau. But the Salem one was nice.
=^_^=

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #365 on: July 19, 2010, 10:17:35 pm »
Ahh, creepy guys... I hate them so much ._.

At Fanime, I was cosplaying ffx-2 Rikku, and these two creepy greasy guys who kept talking to me. My friend I was at the con with was changing, and I had to stay in the same place to wait for her. I tried my best to be polite, but I got a bit sharp with them and spent the whole time thinking "aahhhh someone please save me ;-;"

It went on like that the whole day. Some guy even kissed me without permission ;-; I bitchslapped him and was all "what the hell?!"
...but it was so worth it ahaha the nice people who weren't creepy were great, and i was invited to participate in a live stream to japan C: they said my cosplay was really good <3

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #366 on: July 19, 2010, 10:46:04 pm »
Oh god the creepy people X_X I hate that so much, I try to be polite too but I end up being sharp as well.

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #367 on: July 20, 2010, 08:49:12 pm »
Yeah. They make me feel all gross and i end up wondering if maybe I shouldn't cosplay :c

Which is total bull, because I love cosplaying.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #368 on: July 20, 2010, 10:07:52 pm »
yeah and it makes me feel bad when I'm mean X_X

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #369 on: July 20, 2010, 10:53:06 pm »
Not to turn this into a pseudo feminism debate or whatever, but it sometimes can be annoying seeing a girl in a skin-showing costume going "BAW CREEPERS ARE STARING AT ME"

Well isn't it expected that if you're showing your boobs/waist/legs/etc that you'd get attention? If you don't like it, there are tons and tons of more modest costumes that are just as pretty and flattering that won't get you negative attention.
Of course, it still isn't fair that a girl can get negative attention from such things, but that's life, I guess.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #370 on: July 20, 2010, 11:25:09 pm »
very true lol however annoying it may be, its to be expected so its kinda like.. suck it up and deal with it. *sigh* being a girl can suck sometimes XP

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #371 on: July 21, 2010, 06:05:49 pm »
Attention is fine, but when people act on it, it gets to me. Like I said before, there was a lot of forced physical contact which made me really uncomfortable.

tl;dr Looking is fine, but NO TOUCHY D:<

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #372 on: July 21, 2010, 07:10:36 pm »
I try not to look, but it's hard sometimes.  Guys have poor peripheral vision, it's true!

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #373 on: July 21, 2010, 07:40:19 pm »
at least you don't grab boobs without permission.

NOT OKAY D:<

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #374 on: July 21, 2010, 07:59:27 pm »
As far as you know ... >______>

Just kidding.

That's super creepy.

And perverted.

And definitely smack worthy!  (And quite possibly a swift kick to the nuts, too!)

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #375 on: July 21, 2010, 08:25:10 pm »
Yeah :/
There were some smacks and sharp words involved.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #376 on: July 21, 2010, 08:43:25 pm »
I honestly do not understand the logic behind this.

"Hey, this will work out well!"

Like, has any girl ever been like, "Well excuse me stranger, I really like the way you grabbed me in a private area without my permission.  In public, no less!  I like a man that knows what he wants!  So, my place or yours?  Oops, I'll let you decide since my opinions don't really matter much!"

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #377 on: July 21, 2010, 09:08:56 pm »
I honestly do not understand the logic behind this.

"Hey, this will work out well!"

Exactly. Some people are SO DUMB. And then they had the gall to ask for a picture. Hmm, do I want to pose for a picture for the creepy guy who just grabbed my boob? NO WAY, IDIOT >.>

Like, has any girl ever been like, "Well excuse me stranger, I really like the way you grabbed me in a private area without my permission.  In public, no less!  I like a man that knows what he wants!  So, my place or yours?  Oops, I'll let you decide since my opinions don't really matter much!"

...omg thank you for making me lol and making your point at the same time.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #378 on: July 22, 2010, 07:50:29 am »
@sora: i hate it when people asume your in to it just cuz you cosplay a char thats rather exposed! i know i was "groped" while in x-2 rikku and it realy pissed me off >O
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #379 on: July 22, 2010, 10:56:27 am »
well it doesnt matter how much skin a person shows, touching a person without permission is just plain BAD and its never ever gonna get a person anything but slapped.

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #380 on: July 22, 2010, 03:32:51 pm »
Exactly. If  you like it, you can look, you can take pictures, but you absolutely cannot just run up, grab their boobs, and then ask them for a picture -.-