Author Topic: Cosplay/ convention/ anime Pet Peeve.. we all have 'em, so whats yours?  (Read 58888 times)

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
Re: Cosplay/ convention Pet Peeve.. we all have 'em, so whats yours?
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2009, 07:37:53 pm »
That pisses me off to they could at least be nice and say thank you I mean it won't hurt them.

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2009, 07:53:29 pm »
Oh god, I just remembered one. Elitist cosplayers piss me off to no end.

Just because you're popular within a small community of people doesn't mean your better then everyone else. If someone comes up and says "Hey I like your costume!" don't be a bitch. Show some modesty because the fact is we're all just nerds dressing up as fictional characters, I don't see how someone could be better then another in something like that.

Brb punching babies to relive my anger now.
Thank you sooo much for bringing this up Boogiepop. I've been wanting to say this for a while, but not knowing how to put it into the right words. >.o
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2009, 11:14:24 pm »
I think the one thing that upsets me most at cons is how some people back talk : [ This has happened to me before, and it's not nice at all.
If you aren't going to say something nice, then please don't say anything at all.
: [

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2009, 12:39:48 am »
Oh god, I just remembered one. Elitist cosplayers piss me off to no end.

Just because you're popular within a small community of people doesn't mean your better then everyone else. If someone comes up and says "Hey I like your costume!" don't be a bitch. Show some modesty because the fact is we're all just nerds dressing up as fictional characters, I don't see how someone could be better then another in something like that.

Brb punching babies to relive my anger now.
Well said :D I think those people are my biggest, other than the usual wrong hair type things everyone has said. Though I think you can lump pretty much any elitist anime/cosplay/egl/whatever else pertaining to this hobby person into that group.

Also @ SnJ cosplays: ugh. Slutty female version of <insert character here> is not SnJ. I hate hate hate "SnJ" cosplays unless they are Naruto or Konohamaru done how they are supposed to be done. If you want to do a female version of a character, fine, but don't try to call it SnJ and don't slut it up <.<
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2009, 01:14:14 am »
another Peeve of mine, though it cant be helped, is the tiredness of the 3rd day. Its so hard to go out with a BANG when everyone is ready to pass-out from sleep deprivation.  Although sleep deprivation does interesting things to me.... (it makes me pretty loopy, and I say some of the weirdest crap because I'm half asleep haha)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2009, 03:36:42 pm »
And another peeve (please don't kill me) SUPER YAOI FANGIRLS. I dont mind people being a fan of yaoi pairings because I myself enjoy certain yaoi pairings. But what annoys me is when people Hate certain female characters *cough* Kairi *cough* Because they need a certain male *cough* Riku *cough* to be with another male that is supposed to be with certain female character *cough* sora *cough*. 

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2009, 06:36:46 pm »
And another peeve (please don't kill me) SUPER YAOI FANGIRLS. I dont mind people being a fan of yaoi pairings because I myself enjoy certain yaoi pairings. But what annoys me is when people Hate certain female characters *cough* Kairi *cough* Because they need a certain male *cough* Riku *cough* to be with another male that is supposed to be with certain female character *cough* sora *cough*. 
OH GOD YEAH. X_X I agree with you completely. I'll only talk about my favorite yaoi/yuri pairings(I think yuri counts too sometimes) if we're just discussing them. once the argument gets heated it's like "why should I even bother with this?"
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
I don't mind what people like, if they're into yoai, that's fine by me. I've got friends who like it and I just don't participate in conversations about it.
But it's when they rub it in my face after I tell them "No, I'm not into that" or come around trying to force people on each other to get some pictures that bothers me.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
i can understand sometimes when a group asks for a romantic pose, i made some friends last con going as gundam wing fans, and Im a 5 x 2 fan (im not ussualy into yaoi but for some reason i like that pairing) and I asked if they would be nice and hug for me, they did so gladly, and I wouldnt have asked anymore than that.

but when you insist that the two characters do something outside of the cosplayers comfert zone is what pisses me off. Their not your personalmascots, while most do dress up for the pictures cosplayers have no obligation to heed your whim as far as posing goes.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
well yes I am a fan of it. It just bothers me when people are super obsessive in-your-face about it. >.< I dont like them pushing their Coupling ideas on me when I'm already a fan of the pairings those characters were meant to be in.  Like toufutakeout said, I dont like the heated arguments because its ridiculous. If the writer wanted those people to be together they would have put them together, and its fine if you like it being with someone else. Hell, I'm planning on doing lots of yaoi poses for a certain characters that I'm cosplaying; but getting into arguments over it is kinda dumb.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
I have never really had anyone force me into yaoi poses...but I guess I haven't cosplayed any characters that would need them :P As soon as I get a Cliff though.....you better watch out XD

Peeve: Screaming girls e.o

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
oh god yeah screaming girls annoy me a ton >.< I do squeal and scream when I'm surprised or scared.. But theres a time and a place and I dont need people screaming in my ear >.<

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
ok im going to come out and say it though im sure i'll be flamed

L and Light cosplayers. Im really sorry but they just annoy me when thats like all the person cosplays.

dont get me wrong Ive run into a lot of really great cosplayers who do L and Light, and Ive met exeptional cosplays of those two characters, but its just to me it feels like you wanted to cosplay so all you did was through on a white shirt and some baggy pants with eye liner. Its also kind of the sheer number of them. ._. you turn a cornor and theres a L, Light, or Misa. (misa I dont mind so much since she is less commen and requires some effort)

its kind of the same with half done naruto or sasuke cosplays..... It kinda feels like to me you want to cosplay but you dont want to enough to go forth and put energy to make your costume stand out from all the rest.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
tell me about it. It is very aggravating, also when people glomp you without warning x.x

I'm on the same boat Jill, unless you did it really well like Marie and Anna just give it a break .

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
xD glomps while in costume are generaly not a good idea... well depends on the costume (if some one glomps me in peach it will send my hoop skirt up and i would rather not flash the public)

Marie and Anna do a good job at it : o ive seen a lot of people do it well, i think its really about getting in the character that makes them stand out..... most L and lights I see just walk around like normal unless its for a photo, if even then sometimes *shrugs*

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
really? All the L's I see are always in character and it is quite annoying if you ask me. Half the time I think "why are you acting like L? Ohhhhh I see, you are supposed to be him -_-"

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
eh L yeah I guess.

but still even then it seems half assed. they just kind of hunch over for a bit and at a small angle

the most memobrable L to me was back in 07, when there werent quiet as many. I remeber her, she was actualy bare foot and because of this didnt leave the hotel often, and she was very hunched over for most of the convention, at least everytime I saw her. I dunno she just really struck me as L and stod out to me far more than the other L cosplayers I saw that day.

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
eh L yeah I guess.

but still even then it seems half assed. they just kind of hunch over for a bit and at a small angle

the most memobrable L to me was back in 07, when there werent quiet as many. I remeber her, she was actualy bare foot and because of this didnt leave the hotel often, and she was very hunched over for most of the convention, at least everytime I saw her. I dunno she just really struck me as L and stod out to me far more than the other L cosplayers I saw that day.
Over used cosplay, especially Light and L, are quite annoying, I must agree. But, as you said, Chihiro, some can actually be well done. It probably wasn't the same L, but there was one in '08 that played the part perfectly. It was a girl, but she did proper binding and the only way I could tell was through the voice. She walked barefoot, hunched the entire time at the con, styled the wig almost perfectly, and stayed in character every time I saw her. She was either a volunteer or a worker (she gave away the tie wrap things on the third day) who was super, super sweet. That was the only L I every really appreciated, no offense to the others (even my friend from school).
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
The one from this past year may have been Anna. Its actually really hard to find a good picture of her L XD

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/12/l_6da498998d8e4e219bc08bc0f3e1f378.jpg

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
Hm.. Possibly. I can't quite remember her face that well, so it's a bit hard. I never got a picture from her either. -.-  Even if Anna wasn't who she is, Anna's cosplay looks really well done too.
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Yeah, I think there might have been one other that was good...but I only saw two of them.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
My friend gordon is a really good L, though he is self conscious.

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
oh crud. I hope me and my friend won't be annoying XD
I like to think that we are a little above the average L and Light since we will have angel wings [made by me]
white one's for L and black for Light =]

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
I'm looking forward to see your costumes. :]
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
you could start by listing some ^_^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
wow, so practically all the ones I have XD

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
The glomping without permission is another one I agree with. x.x
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
my pet peeve when someone hides equipment needed for people's panels
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I can see how that would be annoying XD

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
I dont like when somone assumes your like OMG friends just cause you met briefly at a con, and so they kinda go to far for an aquatance and start treating you like BFF's just cause you had a small exchange of comments. dont get me wrong Im all for making friends at a con, but a con doesnt change the setting on how fast is to fast for a realtionship. this is likewise for me with just me first day and soul mates the third. i kinda think its annoying when some one just ditchs all their friends to be totaly in love with some one they just met and then come next con they hardly remeber eachother

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Id been talking to you for a while before we met at the con xP Im just kinda refering to like a girl comes up and is "I like your costume!" and then you kinda exchange a few words but then she gets uber close and huggy, follows you around, insist you exchange phone numbers exetera i mean i did kinda just meet megan rune and robin that way, but i wasnt being all huggy i just kinda told them my friend who was suposed to come to the con with me ditched, it was my first con, and i was a bit afraid. they then knida took me under their wing. but its a bit touch and go, it depends on the situation but i have a hard time beliving people can make life bonding realtionships in three days

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
Yeah that would freak me out a bit haha

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
another peeve, people who think they can tell you waht to do about how to "fix" your cosplay (i dont mean like a tear i mean cause they think you look bad). but i had an unfortuante incounter once with this girl at k con 07. I was just sitting around in my kinda anciant chinese outfit i had bought at the beach, i was no one inparticular i just wanted to dress up a bit beyond cat ears or something. any who im waiting around for the others to catch up and this girl randomly walks up to me and shes in an EGL outfit. she then proseeds to berade my costume on how i look like im wearing pajamas, i look stupid, i should go home, i should be a specific character and not just wear an asian outfit for the hell of it because im not willing to dress up all the way, and she just generaly makes me feel terrible, and keeps talking so i dont even ahve a chance to say anything. it irritates me when people feel their better than you and they can tell you how to fix your outfit cause your just that bad

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
wow that person should be smacked, thats just downright mean.

Offline lightbeam911

• Sailor Scout
I just about broke this kids neck at last years Kumori-con. I'd never even SEEN him before, and he was talking like he knew me his entire life! I thought he was talking about the character I was cosplaying for awhile XD

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
My biggest peeve is when a costume is half-assed [take L and Light for example]. It kills me when a costume is half-assed it makes me want to kick the person in the shins for half-assing it. If your going to cosplay, then put effort into it, or at least buy one online
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I have been lucky enough not to run into any problems with them, but all the stories I have heard makes them sound stuck up.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
All of the lolitas I met at K-con were jerks. >_>

(EXCEPT NORI, YOU WERE AWESOME.)

Are most of the lolitas really like that? I haven't tried talking to one before, because I'm kind of shy about talking to random people >.<

oslapedo

My pet peeve is people who complain about their pet peeves :P

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
I don't like the majority of cosplayers, that's my pet peeve.  :D

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART

Aww, but we will be awesome, yes we will!

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
I have two main pet peeves. One, is when the costume is really cool but the wig is all wrong or they don't have one at all and their natural hair is the wrong color. My second is just when cosplayers act really snobby. I was in line at a convention once and just playing around and they started calling me immature, I don't really get that when you're out to have fun but oh well.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 06:53:06 pm by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~

Are most of the lolitas really like that? I haven't tried talking to one before, because I'm kind of shy about talking to random people >.<
They are. At least the ones I talked to. The Sweet Lolitas were the worst. =_=

I agree with Romo's second one. Annoys me too.
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart

They are. At least the ones I talked to. The Sweet Lolitas were the worst. =_=

I agree with Romo's second one. Annoys me too.

i find EGL ones to be a bit snobbyer

ive encountered plenty of nice lolitas, but a few tend to be very egotistical. to me its kinda because they dress like kids, and they act like it to. the stereo type usualy only applys to people who live in lolita, not just dress up in it for a con or special ocasion

i like the dresses though xD their so pretty!

oslapedo

Good times :D

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
I've only been to Kumoricon once, and it was last year, but these two things bugged me:

- People deciding that yelling to you that you look like a cupcake is a good idea when you're having a conversation with someone else. I showed up to kcon, saw someone I had commissioned some jewelery from, chased them down before they got away, and attempted to have a conversation with them while some crazy chick yelled at us about how we looked like cupcakes. We were standing on the landing of the stairs, just chatting, and this girl is literally yelling over our conversation at us. We were both in sweet lolita, along with another girl with the person I had commissioned from.

I can't speak for the other girls (the sweet lolitas) about them being rude, but no one tried to talk to me the whole time I was there except for the sweet lolitas. XD My skirt wasn't really the right shape though, so I wasn't poofy enough to attract the attention of the cosplayers.

- Those freaking cat ears with the ribbon stuff hanging off of them. They are so cheap looking! One of the first things I saw upon walking into the lobby for the first time was an L cosplayer wearing them. I proceeded to see them everywhere.

And then I just remembered something that happened to my friend while we were there, so I guess I have three pet peeves.

- People correcting costumes. This was mentioned before, and I can't believe that people will actually tell people to their faces that their costumes are bad! I was only at kcon for one day, and my best friend was dressed in a silly little cosplay as Father from Azumanga Daioh. It was just an orange felt head with Father's face on it, and she was wearing an orange dress. It was a week-before kind of thing, and we had never been to any sort of anime gathering before, so we didn't know what to expect. Anyway, my friend was asked for her picture a couple of times, and one of the times was by this college-aged guy who then proceeded to tell her that her cosplay was wrong because she didn't have a tail or something. She was sort of like "wat" because English is her second language, but we all agreed that the guy was pretty rude.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:22:01 pm by fleur_fraise »
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
I don't really have any peeves
just split-second annoyances with people that vanish as soon as I remember where I am
=]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I have never had anyone correct my costume before, I know that some of them have needed it and it kinda sucks that there are people out there doing that. Though some people ask how they can make their costume better and they might not be able to take criticism well. I'm not saying that is what your friend did fleur_fraise but I am saying that it happens.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
It is but I choose to ignore it.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
You guys take things too seriously, so I'll ignore you two~

And I don't, truly. I get irked by quite a few things a lot of cosplayers are known to do, but to simplify, I just said that~

If it's not a direct correlation to your attitude and me being mad, then taking it to heart would me immature. <3

And another Pet Peeve of mine is people yelling things out needlessly. :I