Author Topic: OMG!! BlazBlue 6/30!!  (Read 18720 times)

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
OMG!! BlazBlue 6/30!!
« on: May 10, 2009, 09:07:57 pm »
That's right!! Premium pack preorder comes with an art book and OSTs ^^
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41265.html
I'm SO getting this for my PS3!! Tournament next to Guilty Gear perhaps? XD

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Re: OMG!! BlazBlue 6/30!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 09:17:49 pm »
AHHH I can't wait for this game to come out! I'm really looking forward to it!!!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 09:34:31 am »
Mmm, I've been waiting for Blazblue since they announced it in Japan. I'm really excited for this, my boyfriend and I are thinking about splitting for an xbox360 just for this game.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 10:17:51 am »
Mmm, I've been waiting for Blazblue since they announced it in Japan. I'm really excited for this, my boyfriend and I are thinking about splitting for an xbox360 just for this game.

Wow, you don't already have one? I mean, I do realize that many fans of Japanese-style games would prefer the PS3 over the Xbox 360, and being a Japanese gamer, I probably should, but I actually love my Xbox and it's not just for first-person-shooters and the like, haha.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is, Xbox ftw! lol

Really though, I need to manage my spending so I'll have enough to buy it when it comes out, ack. I'm pleasantly surprised that the limited edition is going to be the same price as the game alone!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 11:02:44 am »
@Jimi- I'm actually still completely content with my PS2 so I didn't really find the need to get newgen console until I heard about Blazblue. (Though I have a wii back at home, it was given to my sister and I as a Christmas present and I didn't feel like I needed it in Portland) Anyways Xbox has more games that appeal to my boyfriend and I (Dead Rising, Bioshock, Fallout) which is why we chose that. Plus I'm still pissed at sony for not having ports for controllers making it so I can't plug my DDR pad into a PS3, grrrrrr...

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 11:22:11 am »
@Jimi- I'm actually still completely content with my PS2 so I didn't really find the need to get newgen console until I heard about Blazblue. (Though I have a wii back at home, it was given to my sister and I as a Christmas present and I didn't feel like I needed it in Portland) Anyways Xbox has more games that appeal to my boyfriend and I (Dead Rising, Bioshock, Fallout) which is why we chose that. Plus I'm still pissed at sony for not having ports for controllers making it so I can't plug my DDR pad into a PS3, grrrrrr...

Ah, I didn't mean to say just PS3, I'm sorry it came out like that lol. I'm very happy with my PS2 as well (really excited for Devil Summoner 2 which comes out for PS2 tomorrow!!!) and I don't even own a PS3. (Well, I HAD a PS3, but that's a different story.) Dead Rising, Bioshock and Fallout are AMAZING games and I'm sure Blazblue will be great as well!

While I'm trying to resist the urge to compare Blazblue characters to Guilty Gear ones, anyone have a favorite character yet? From the character images I'm really liking Ragna and Jin (*cough* Sol and Ky *cough*), but I'm also interested in the mysterious Haku=Men.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 01:00:42 pm »
@Jimi- Oh! I didn't mean to sound like a jerk about it either. I took no offense to what you had said, sorry!

Haha, most of the characters take on a fighting style of someone from Guilty Gear so it's really hard not to compare. I love Noel though, it's female Bridget with guns! How could you not like her? I really want to try and cosplay as her someday but I have two other GG cosplays I want to make as well as completely redo my Bridget...

Also Tokakaka is awesome as well~
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 01:02:14 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline HellSap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 02:55:40 pm »
HAKU-MEN IS AWESOME.
I'm probably going to convert my faust scalpel into something resembling his sword.  Then all I'll need is a sweet breastplate with eyes and some other crazy junk like helmet that has hair coming out and such.  It'll be sweet.
Always and forever... Conspiring with the devil, Conquering together.
D/L Star Control 2 - Ur-Quan Masters here http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2/ !
PSU Video Game Club - http://randomselect.groups.pdx.edu/

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 03:19:12 pm »
My wife has already started her outfit for Taokaka ^^
I decided to get the PS3 version because if it's online, I'd guess that there would be more people playing it on the PS3. I have far more games for my Xbox360 also, mostly RPGs.
I might try getting good with Iron Tager, just because it's not my usual style ^^

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 02:21:19 pm »
oooooo~ ooooooo~    :D  I like the game trailer + music! I like the GAME!
And so it begins...

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 12:50:21 am »
Actually, I'm willing to bet there will be more 360's with BlazBlue and PS3's.

Hey ya'll I'll be starting school so time on these forums will me limited.  I will still respond to PM's so if you need to get a hold of me, PM me or send me a message on MySpace.

GGPO

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 03:00:22 pm »
So I went out and bought a 360 for when Blazblue comes out.

EQlizer is my livetag. Add me for battles!

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 05:09:38 pm »
Eee! I will add you! AsianZia is mine~
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 05:09:46 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 10:33:26 am »
That game is going to be so freakin' awesome.  Reminds me so much of Guilty Gear.
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline kobansora

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 08:00:53 pm »
That game is going to be so freakin' awesome.  Reminds me so much of Guilty Gear.

The game is nothing like Guilty Gear. I just played it at the local arcade and I thought almost the same thing, but I talked to one of the better players and he explained to me the changes while we were playing. Anybody who really plays Guilty Gear will find a refreshing change hopefully.
Anybody want a yoyo? Just send me a message and we'll talk!

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 09:24:32 pm »
IT CAME OUT YESTERDAY I AM GETTING IT TOMORROW <333
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 09:24:50 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 09:27:55 pm »
Me too :D

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 11:57:41 pm »
The game is nothing like Guilty Gear. I just played it at the local arcade and I thought almost the same thing, but I talked to one of the better players and he explained to me the changes while we were playing. Anybody who really plays Guilty Gear will find a refreshing change hopefully.

I purchased the game and have played it quite a bit.  It still is very similar to Guilty Gear in a lot of areas, however, I do find this as a refreshing change as you said.  There are still enough things that are new about the game that keep me drawn to it.

Currently rocking Bang!  XBL Gamertag is Yatta Dante.  Add me so we can battle!
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 06:27:16 pm »
Okay, so I just bought it and brought it home and got to play it for about an hour... I'm really impressed with the character design and soundtrack, two things I really pay attention to when purchasing games, but the one thing that's been bothering me is the weird, disjoined feeling I get from the story mode @_@ Like, does anyone else know why Jin has like, split personalities and calls Ragna "Brother"? o.o

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 08:45:06 pm »
Somethings going on between the two of them. I've only played halfway through Noels story so far and they're all connected. I like the story mode though. It seems you can't finish ones story completely until you get clues from the others stories. Also Noel is <3 forever~

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 11:30:13 pm »
So I played with each character to at least one good ending (if I got a Game Over, I'd just reload and try a different path). I agree that you need clues from other characters to complete any one character's storyline. I've completely cleared Jin's and 90% through Ragna's, and not any clearer on Jin's personality problem xD Hopefully clearing more of Noel's will help me out.

I AM REALLY GOOD WITH JIN xDDD

AND ARAKUNE YAY <333

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 04:57:11 pm »
After watching videos of Bang on youtube, I must get this game.
He is everything I love rolled into on character. Kamen Rider, Ninjas, Getter Robo and general kick assery.

ALso Tager is looking good too.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 07:32:31 pm »
Woop, just cleared the true ending in story mode, gonna work on arcade mode soon to unlock all the pixxx :3

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 09:08:38 am »
I can't say I've played the game (but I really want to), but for all you who have, here's a little comic just for you: http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2009/20090724.jpg  ;D

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kobansora

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 11:07:36 pm »
I can't say I've played the game (but I really want to), but for all you who have, here's a little comic just for you: http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2009/20090724.jpg  ;D

I bet you don't understand that yourself.

MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Anybody want a yoyo? Just send me a message and we'll talk!

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 12:46:27 am »
played this game tonight. Taokaka has some silly priority and can do some dumb stuff like chain 8 2a's together. Her 41236 clampy thingy is amusing, and her super is really, really good. That Super -> taunt cancel -> super looks really really good. I have to say that this game isn't really my cup of tea, but it was fun.

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 02:19:11 am »
Taokaka's my main ^^   FINALLY managed to pull off my 100+ hit combo (6920) with her in Arcade (lowest difficulty, but just trying during the real thing). No, it's not an infinite loop either. I like how the damage gets lower and lower the more it's strung out to keep from cheap wins.
To bad the online mode sucks T_T  It's like everyone else is playing on dial-up or something.

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 02:34:03 am »
Taokaka's my main ^^   FINALLY managed to pull off my 100+ hit combo (6920) with her in Arcade (lowest difficulty, but just trying during the real thing). No, it's not an infinite loop either. I like how the damage gets lower and lower the more it's strung out to keep from cheap wins.
To bad the online mode sucks T_T  It's like everyone else is playing on dial-up or something.
100 hits? Are you sure that's valid and not techable? Props if it isn't  techable haha. And yeah, most fighters have damage scaling.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 03:36:28 am »

So far I havent had any trouble with the online, the vast majority of my matches have been really smooth, even when playing users from other regions.
Are you playing this on PSN or Xboxlive?  (Im using XboxLive)
Team Koga

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 03:48:03 am »
Here's the second part in Penny Arcade's BlazBlue strip series, in case anyone's interested: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/7/27/

I can't say I've played the game (but I really want to), but for all you who have, here's a little comic just for you: http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2009/20090724.jpg  ;D

MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Nope, you're right, I don't understand it. Congratulations. I was just trying to share a comic, Koban. Thought it was funny and people who like the game might enjoy it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:19:41 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 04:19:00 pm »
Taokaka's my main ^^   FINALLY managed to pull off my 100+ hit combo (6920) with her in Arcade (lowest difficulty, but just trying during the real thing). No, it's not an infinite loop either. I like how the damage gets lower and lower the more it's strung out to keep from cheap wins.
To bad the online mode sucks T_T  It's like everyone else is playing on dial-up or something.
100 hits? Are you sure that's valid and not techable? Props if it isn't  techable haha. And yeah, most fighters have damage scaling.

Well, there are two points in it where there's like a couple frames to instant block, and if you're quick, you can cancel out of the air throw. Other than that, I've put the dummy on every type of block, so it might be hard for a mere human to get out of it. I'll make a video and post it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:21:01 pm by dshwshr55 »

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 10:42:20 pm »

MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
This seems like an entirely unnecessary and demeaning comment.  "Thanks for sharing" or "yeah, I saw that; good stuff" would be appropriate.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2009, 10:35:38 pm »
Has anyone seen a BlazBlue cosplay yet???
They are freaking awsome

China bound!!!

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 09:09:36 pm »
So Who here is looking forward to Contiuum Shift?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2010, 11:13:24 pm »
i am for sure lol it looks like it will be better plus i like how ragna got a few extra moves lol

China bound!!!

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 03:15:19 pm »
I'm a Tager fanboy, looking forward to BBCS like none other, entering the tourney at S-Con and hoping to kick some butt, thought I'm only alright at the game XD

Blazblue is dear to my heart, as the day it came out in stores (July 1st) marks the day of HDC's first meet up ^^
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 03:16:51 pm by Seluecos »
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 11:14:44 pm »
I hope the music is also as awesome as the first! I still listen to the OST daily ^^

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2010, 02:45:12 am »
Game got leaked. PM for link

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 11:14:12 am »
^ This, I already dl'd and it's FRIGGIN SWEET!
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2010, 01:22:46 am »
hey IDK if this is to good to be true but here we go
I was surfing the interwebs tonight and looking up the new blazblue for ps3 and found this
http://kotaku.com/5449251/blazblue-portable-strikes-stateside-in-march#commentform
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9f-49-en-15-blazblue%20portable-70-3nqb.html
You tell me cause if it is true I am the happiest person alive

China bound!!!

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2010, 01:52:34 am »
hey IDK if this is to good to be true but here we go
I was surfing the interwebs tonight and looking up the new blazblue for ps3 and found this
http://kotaku.com/5449251/blazblue-portable-strikes-stateside-in-march#commentform
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9f-49-en-15-blazblue%20portable-70-3nqb.html
You tell me cause if it is true I am the happiest person alive

If it was on Kotaku it should be pretty solid.
Team Koga

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2010, 01:58:39 am »
I am the happiest person alive right now then

China bound!!!

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2010, 02:51:05 pm »
Yep, March is when BB comes to PSP
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2010, 02:33:44 am »
For those of you that don't own it. BlazBlue is currently on sale at GameStop, $20 New on PS3.
It's all part of GameStop's Summer time sale.
Team Koga

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2010, 08:22:13 am »
^ This is indeed correct.

Also, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift is going to be 40$ when it comes out on July 20th :D
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!