Author Topic: ~Japanese Tutoring~  (Read 1103 times)

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
~Japanese Tutoring~
« on: May 09, 2009, 05:33:45 pm »
Before I get started with this post, I would like to say that this posting is administrator approved. Scroll to the bottom of the post if you don't believe me, I have copipe'd the mail at the bottom.

ANYWAY....
We are both Japanese speakers and looking for people specifically in the Portland area Anime community to tutor. We would have posted this on craigslist if we weren't specifially looking for ”マニア” and ”オタク” to work with. If you are incredibly abnormal or awkward, we couldn't care less. One of us is a native speaker, and I am American born with EXTENSIVE Japanese experience. Between us we have 47 years total Japanese experience. We are incredibly affordable and are just looking to do things such as:

1) Translation services: We can translate pretty much *ANYTHING*, with a comission even the most cash strapped person can afford. Nothing is off limits, so shoot away~

2) Basic Conversation / Writing: If you've never studied Japanese before, we're interested in getting you started. Kanji drills, vocabulary sessions, you name it.

3) Advanced Conversation / Writing: If you're at least business level fluency we can help you achieve true fluency.

4) Software / Game Help: Japanese softwre sometimes has difficulty running on American computers. Whether be the most esoteric MS-DOS eroge or a new doujin shmup, we can help get you up and running.

5) Trip Planning: If you have any desire to go to Japan, you're going to need a fun itenerary. We can plan your hotel, your daily schedule, trains, and even flight information.

If you are interested, just drop us a line here, or if it's a more personal matter, feel free to use pm.

Administrator OK:
Date: 2009/5/5
Subject: RE: Kumoricon Advertisement?
Date: 2009/5/5
Subject: RE: Kumoricon Advertisement?
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This should be fine. I think it would be best to post in Off-Topic, since it’s not directly anime or convention related. In general I don’t want to allow commercial spam, but this sounds like a personal thing (friends of staff), and it is still related to the theme of the board (Japanese), and it’s consistent with us allowing low-key “advertising” like in the manga swap meet section

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: ~Japanese Tutoring~
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:36:25 pm »
I just want to take a moment to vouch here; this has been approved, and it's a serious and valuable offer for anyone interested.  You don't really need to include the copy of the email at this end; I doubt anyone would be silly enough to report it at this point. :P  Clever username by the way.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 11:02:04 am »
I'm planning to skip second year Japanese, so I might need some help with studying that lesson... Vocabulary, Kanji, some grammar I guess. How much would it cost?

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 06:13:14 pm »
I'm planning to skip second year Japanese, so I might need some help with studying that lesson... Vocabulary, Kanji, some grammar I guess. How much would it cost?
15 an hour. If you're WAAAAAAYYYYY out of the way I might have to bump that up a dollar or two because of Trimet. This kind of thing is far and away our cheapest service because it is the most popular :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:19:05 pm by ha~ma »

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 09:34:33 pm »
That's sweet o_o I'll think about it~
My mom's unsure since a friend of mine is native to Japan and has done some tutoring also. If we have problems with that, then we'll ask you ^-^