Author Topic: SF Viz Jpop Center - Opening August 15!  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
SF Viz Jpop Center - Opening August 15!
« on: May 06, 2009, 04:05:09 pm »
(pleasemoveifinthewrongplace>.<)
Attention to all Jfashion enthusiasts!

Viz Media has just announced that the J-Pop Center it has been working on for the past 3 years, and purported home of the first BABY, The Stars Shine Bright and Black Peace Now gothic & lolita fashion stores in the United States, will open on August 15, 2009 in San Francisco’s Japantown. More exciting news for lolitas and J-fashionistas, a 6% DOKIDOKI store will also have a home in the 3-floor building AND the there will be a rotating store that will feature a new clothing brand every 2-3 months!

Of course, this opens the gateway for brands such as Innocent World, Angelic Pretty, Moi Meme Moite and others to test out the US waters. If they like it, who knows, they may end up setting up a permanent shop state-side.

The building, which was previously referred to as the VIZ J-pop Center project, now has a new name and Web site - NEW PEOPLE, which will also feature a movie theater that will feature films from Japan, a cafe, J-pop and anime goods store and finally, an art gallery space on the top floor.

I know a lot of people can't get down to SF often, but to many, it's a lot more accessible to get certain clothing brands, not to mention sweet merchandise. Am I the only one looking forward to this place? xD

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
Re: SF Viz Jpop Center - Opening August 15!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 11:17:14 pm »
I believe a road trip to San Francisco is in order (other than for Yaoi Con) ^_^.

I love visiting SF!