Author Topic: [Cosplay Group] New Days Dawning - DISBANDED  (Read 273931 times)

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Oh, that's a good idea! Introductions, introductions! I'll post one as well~

K-Con Username: iluvshijimi
Cosplayer Name: Zia
Transportation: Tri-Met *sad face*

Here's a picture of me out of costume:

And me in my last cosplay, North Italy from Hetalia Axis Powers:

I'm sorry I don't have awesomely Photoshopped pictures like Nataleeee, haha.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:01:06 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Are you going to go find out the truth now? =P
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
K-Con Username: TurboSaiyanJason
Cosplayer Name: Jason the Silver or Red the Ninja
Transportation: Tri-Met, huzzah! (until I get a car to train and fight an epic battle for my license)

Jason the Silver is my pirate character from Amtgard, so if you need a safe-weapons warrior/forger I can make ya' some bombad blades and longshanks. (that's what I nickname my reach weapons)

I can make you some shorts. I lost my shorts this last winter because funoodle ran out. It was really cold without my shorts. But then in February I bought some noodle and got my shorts back. :D If anyone laughed at my short tale of shorts, then you're human. If anyone understood that I meant shortswords up to now saying so, then you're wise in the ways of LARP games.

Well I guess the girls can just call me big brother. ^^
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
Oh my! O: We're introducing ourselves?! O_O I'm sure I can slide a few minutes. xD
Kumoricon Username!: GwarNekoChan
Cosplayer Name: o-o Uhh, I don't think I Have one yet! xD
Transportation: My dad. xD He drives me anywhere!

Out of Costume:

IN Costume! 8D

Sorry my Picture's aren't so good. xD I use my phone. >w>;; RoflToonLinkPlushie. xD
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Yaaay! Looks like we've got all our basic info down~ I hope Kagome-chan pokes her head in here too so everyone will be done!

High fives to Jason-nii, Tri-Met ftw! Sherwood is a bit far to travel from via Tri-Met though, will you be okay?

And Gwar-chan you're so cute! *glomps* We'll need to get you a cosplayer name soon haha, and how do you pronounce your real name?

Back to group names, here are the name suggestions we have so far:

- Heartful Cry
- Reach Out
- Quantum Layers (lol)
- Idol Layers (lmao)
- New Days
- New Days Dawning
- Dreams Come True
- Smile
- Changing Seasons
- Heart of Fire
- Holy Orders

I like Reach Out, Quantum Layers (I have no idea why, haha), New Days [Dawning] and Holy Orders. I wanted to add a poll to this thread, but YOU CAN'T DO IT orz You have to start a completely new thread with a poll to get one, so we're stuck with this lol. Everyone please let me know which names you like out of this list so we can narrow them down, then we'll have a final vote to decide the official name~
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:57:13 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
Eeep! I'm so sorry. >.<  I don't respond for two days and look what happens! Dx  I try to get on whenever I can. Man, I feel like I'm letting you down already. DDDx
Well, I'm here now and ready to get started! ^.^

I'll start by throwing some stuff out about me now as well. ^^;; :
K-Con Username: Kagome219
Cosplayer Name: Niiamo or Erii-chan (But those are sort of out-dated. D: ;; )
Transportation: My father or uncle/aunt

Out of cosplay:

In cosplay (Not the best picture, but it gives sort of a full body; last K-con where hair was dyed black ><):

Gresham and Portland aren't too far at all, so everything should run smoothly for transportation. ^^

So far out of the list, I prefer:
- Reach Out
- New Days Dawning
- Holy Orders
Pretty close to Samantha's choices. ^^;;

Again, I apologize for not posting. ><  I'll do my best to be on every day! ^^  Can't wait to find out more. <3
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Aww Elie-chan, you're super cute as well! And maybe I should've mentioned this, but anybody in the group can call me Sam, that's my most used nickname~

I hope we hear from the other members soon so we can finally decide on a name!

Also, what method does everyone prefer to communicate by? We can continue using this thread, email instant messenger. I'm open to any of the sources, as I can check this thread at home, work and school, and I have access to my email and IM 24 hours a day via my cell phone. No matter the method, I'm hoping we can all touch bases at least once a day for now. Once we establish the basics, we probably won't need to contact each other as often except for discussing meets, but that'll come later.

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
Heehee. Thanks. ^^;;

And I'm fine with instant messenger. I both MSN, AIM, and YIM, so not a problem there. :]
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
I basically like all those names as well XD
I have MSN,AIM,SKYPE,YAHOO : 3 And email~

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
Aww, thank you, thank you! X3
Yeah, I do need a cosplayer name, huh.. xDD and how do I pronouce it? X: Errr... Hmm... It's hard to explain. xDD
Actually, I have Instant Messenger's as well! I have AIM and MSN, you can reach me on MSN more often. xD I happen to change my name alot when it comes to MSN. :3
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
I'm usually on MSN the most as well. >.o
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Hmm, it looks like the most common IM program we use is MSN (that's the only one I use, sorry!) so if Jason-nii doesn't mind downloading it (I noticed in his profile that he doesn't have a Live address listed), then we can go ahead and use that~

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
I only have yahoo messenger and myspace, and here. So if there are things to get to I can check on here and try my best to go by bus. And as you can see in my signature, the different cosplays I can contribute.

Also Heart of Fire is a good one. I could even devise an icon for it.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Alright, it looks like we can just continue using this thread as our base of operations since group get-togethers won't happen so often.

Speaking of cosplays, this group can't really make it's debut without a group picture! Preferrably of characters from one anime/manga/video game/etc. This is something that's been troubling me lately, because I know everyone has their own list of characters they'd like to cosplay! What to do, what to do...? Okay, I'd like to know what everyone's opinion on this is.

Would you be willing to cosplay mainly for this group, or no?

This is the big question here, because if any one of us would rather work on costumes for our own benefit (I.E. "I'm going to cosplay Japan, Yukiko and America for the con and I want to have those done no matter what, I don't care if the group is doing Super Mario this month"), then joining a cosplay group would not be the ideal scenario to do so. It's okay if you have your own cosplay agenda to attend to! But if you think you won't be able to get a costume ready for the group's monthly or semi-monthly theme because you're pre-occupied with your personal cosplay goals, then I suggest you leave the group.

I'm not trying to scare anybody! lol, just letting you all know I'm serious and this is what I'm looking for. Just one more reminder to anyone who hasn't read the first post of this thread in the past couple of days (I edited it on the 11th), PLEASE RE-READ IT. I'm trying to get my point across that we will be cosplaying from lots of different anime/manga/games/etc, so if you're not willing to cosplay characters from stuff you haven't seen, then please don't join!

Sorry if this post confused anybody haha, I might clean it up later if need be.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:20:35 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
I'm all in for it. I've been looking for reasons to explore new manga lines, and now I have one. Whatever the theme is, I'll see who I can pull together. Plus this could add to my army of cosplays. Gotta make 'em all!

So if May is too late, what is June's mission theme? One I know the general theme, my mind can go to work and start choosing the most efficient cosplay to build. Is it alright if there are clones, like two people end up coming as the same person?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:49:20 pm by TurboSaiyanJason »

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Yay, that's the spirit!

Another topic for discussion, how quickly can you finish a costume? This will directly effect how often we meet, because I'd like to get together as often as possible, but only when we have a costume completed for the theme so we can take pictures.

For me, I can't sew or anything at all, so I have to rely solely on buying my costume, but I do make my own accessories. This means I can have a complete outfit tailored and sent to me under 14 days, or two weeks. I wouldn't mind getting together every other week, but I don't know what everyone's circumstances are, so that's why I'm using monthly for now.

Also, for members who can only check this thread once a day, I would appreciate it if you could read everything that's been posted since your last visit, and then try to address each subject that comes up, so that we can have your opinion as well on everything we talk about, not just the last few posts. Know what I mean? Keeping in touch via the forum is one of the slowest methods of communication (behind email), so if we're going to use it, we need to make the most out of it~
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:33:35 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
I will definitely put this on my top priority as far as cosplays go.

And, as far as costume making goes, I usually find things at the Good Will or I do some sewing. My family is really tight on money, so I can only usuaully do a few costumes per year... So a new costume every month is practically impossible for me. I'm sooo sorry. ><
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
[I'M SORRY MY POSTS ARE SO LONG.]

So if May is too late, what is June's mission theme? One I know the general theme, my mind can go to work and start choosing the most efficient cosplay to build. Is it alright if there are clones, like two people end up coming as the same person?

Sweet, we're finally doing something! If it's okay with everyone, I'd like to have our first monthly meeting and costume deadline to be June 27th or the 28th. As for the theme, we can each contribute ideas as to what you'd like to do, and then vote for the final decision. If we can decide on the theme by this Saturday, we get over a month to work on June's costumes. Here are my ideas for next month:

- Hetalia Axis Powers (manga/anime)

- Persona 4 (PS2 video game)

- Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler (manga/anime)

Of course I listed these three, because they directly relate to the cosplays I'm working on for the con, but I'm open to working on costumes not on my current schedule. If you need descriptions for any of these, please let me know.

As for having more than one cosplayer for a character, I would have to say no, because it looks better in pictures to have one of each central character and in a small group of five like ours, do you really want to have repeat characters?

@ Elie-chan

Perhaps joining this group would not be very convenient for you if you are on a tight budget, because I'm trying to run a group that will be very productive; I don't want our operation speed to slow down whatsoever since that usually leads to the eventual disbandment of the group due to neglect or inactivity. As I mentioned before, a costume every other week will be difficult for most people, and one every two months is much too slow, monthly costumes will be expected. If you don't think you can keep up with this, but you still want to be a part of the group, maybe we could create a monthly planner for the themes we'll do in the future, and you can try to make a costume for a theme, say, six months in advance?'

-------

Also, I'm sorry to bring this up for the UMP-teenth time, but we have yet to decide on a group name. It looks like everyone has given their suggestions except for Gwar-chan, which means our list looks like this:

- Reach Out
- Quantum Layers
- New Days Dawning
- Holy Orders

These are up here because they received at least two votes of positive feedback. If nobody minds, I am going to go straight ahead and decide on one of these right now. My choice is... *drumroll*

...NEW DAYS DAWNING.

It seemed like everybody liked this one the most, so I'm going with it. Great suggestion Jason-nii! Will be editing original post with changes.

-------

If you don't read everything I write in my posts (which is strongly discouraged by the way, haha) I'm going to try to list the most important things I talk about at the bottom of each essay. Here are the heavy hitters in this one:

- Our group name has been decided. We are now NEW DAYS DAWNING!
- If we'll be starting group operations now, I'd like the June deadline to be the 27th or 28th.
- Please post your theme suggestions by Saturday the 16th.
- I'd prefer no repeats of the same character in a single theme because our group is so small.
- If you don't think you can keep up with a monthly costume deadline, SPEAK UP NOW.
- This is the final chance to drop the group, so think carefully!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:06:38 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Re: [COSPLAY GROUP] New Days Dawning (Male Member Needed!)
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2009, 06:22:42 pm »
a new cosplay every month sounds ambitious.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2009, 06:49:53 pm »
a new cosplay every month sounds ambitious.

I know, right? Haha~ Having to wait two months for a new cosplay shoot is too long for me though :( I think we'll be able to manage, if we have the right people and they're dedicated enough.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2009, 08:25:28 pm »
I will do my best to do the monthly costume, if I steal fabric : 3 I can do it, I just need to learn and things like that~ you know XD
[hitshead]

wait...is this our turn to vote what we want to do...?

I VOTE THIS!!!!

Ookiku Furikabutte

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2009, 09:32:40 pm »
I VOTE THIS!!!!

Ookiku Furikabutte

OMG YES WE SHOULD TOTALLY DO THAT!!!

...Um yes, I also vote Oofuri, haha.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:33:04 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2009, 10:01:44 pm »
I'm sure I can get a monthly costume! >w<
I will try to get my Yosuke one first, Since It's for the group I think. D:
I'm buying a costume from Nikkiolie, since she's not using it anymore.
and I will try my best to buy a costume each month! >o<
I guess I'll vote on that too. xDD

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2009, 10:17:08 pm »
Are you sure you have the funds to purchase a costume each month, Gwar-chan? I mean, I have a part-time job so I have some spending money I can set aside for cosplaying, but if you don't have any source of income, you'll be set back at least $90 to $100 dollars per costume. Not to mention you're underage; would your parents be okay with spending so much on a hobby?

As for June's theme, here are our results so far, still waiting on Jason-nii:

- Hetalia Axis Powers: 2
- Persona 4: 2
- Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler: 1
- Ookiku Furikabutte: 3

And by the way, you can vote for more than one series~
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:34:11 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
@ Elie-chan

Perhaps joining this group would not be very convenient for you if you are on a tight budget, because I'm trying to run a group that will be very productive; I don't want our operation speed to slow down whatsoever since that usually leads to the eventual disbandment of the group due to neglect or inactivity. As I mentioned before, a costume every other week will be difficult for most people, and one every two months is much too slow, monthly costumes will be expected. If you don't think you can keep up with this, but you still want to be a part of the group, maybe we could create a monthly planner for the themes we'll do in the future, and you can try to make a costume for a theme, say, six months in advance?
I am so very sorry to have put this on you. u.u   I think, it would be for the best if I were not in it then. Believe me. If I had the money, I would for sure be doing this.. The monthly planner for future themes would be very helpful to me and I would still love to do that if it were in advance, if that is still possible. ><  I can sense great achievement from this group already and I have no intention of keeping you all from it. ^^  Let me know if the future planner is still an option. :3  I would love to work with you all. Also, if you need a photographer if you haven't already picked one out, I've had a few years experience behind the camera. It would be an honor to help out with photo shoots, because that I can do monthly.

And if I still have an opinion on the themes, I would go vote for HAP. ^^;;  I absolutely adore it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:37:45 pm by Kagome219 »
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
I am so very sorry to have put this on you. u.u   I think, it would be for the best if I were not in it then. Believe me. If I had the money, I would for sure be doing this.. The monthly planner for future themes would be very helpful to me and I would still love to do that if it were in advance, if that is still possible. ><  I can sense great achievement from this group already and I have no intention of keeping you all from it. ^^  Let me know if the future planner is still an option. :3  I would love to work with you all. Also, if you need a photographer if you haven't already picked one out, I've had a few years experience behind the camera. It would be an honor to help out with photo shoots, because that I can do monthly.

And if I still have an opinion on the themes, I would go vote for HAP. ^^;;  I absolutely adore it.

Aww, I'm really sad to hear you can't be a full-time member, but I think it's really for the best if you don't have the option of making a new costume each month *sad face* Once we hear from Jason-nii about his suggestions for the June cosplay theme, we can probably start making a planner then, listing all of the themes for the year.

As for being a photographer instead, that's a position we definitely need help with! If you'd still like to participate in the group, helping out with the photography is a great alternative which you can also do while making a cosplay for a future shoot. As the photographer, you're still a member of the group, so you'll be required at each of the monthly meetings, but you won't have to worry about assembling a costume in time. Does that sound like something you'd like to do?

Also, vote for APH received!

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2009, 11:25:25 pm »
I VOTE FOR PERSONA 4

there I said it.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2009, 11:32:54 pm »
I VOTE FOR PERSONA 4

there I said it.

Hehe, vote received~

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2009, 01:07:39 am »
Well for starters, and I haven't done it before...street fighter. I have a white gi so I can pull together a Ryu with a small purchase of accessories. Plus most of the fighters have costumes that make them loose and mobile, (except for General M. Bison's uniform) so they'd be perfect for the first month of summer.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 01:13:10 am by TurboSaiyanJason »

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
Aww, I'm really sad to hear you can't be a full-time member, but I think it's really for the best if you don't have the option of making a new costume each month *sad face* Once we hear from Jason-nii about his suggestions for the June cosplay theme, we can probably start making a planner then, listing all of the themes for the year.

As for being a photographer instead, that's a position we definitely need help with! If you'd still like to participate in the group, helping out with the photography is a great alternative which you can also do while making a cosplay for a future shoot. As the photographer, you're still a member of the group, so you'll be required at each of the monthly meetings, but you won't have to worry about assembling a costume in time. Does that sound like something you'd like to do?

Also, vote for APH received!

That sounds really great. Thank you very much for allowing me to still be at least a part-time cosplay member.

Also, yes! Very much so. ^^  The monthly meetings will not be a problem for photography-wise. I would love to help fill this part. :3
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2009, 08:18:01 am »
Well for starters, and I haven't done it before...street fighter. I have a white gi so I can pull together a Ryu with a small purchase of accessories. Plus most of the fighters have costumes that make them loose and mobile, (except for General M. Bison's uniform) so they'd be perfect for the first month of summer

Great idea Jason-nii, that will go on the list as well! Since everyone has posted, here are our list of suggested themes for June.

- Hetalia Axis Powers
- Persona 4
- Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler
- Ookiku Furikabutte
- Street Fighter

Here's where I ask each of the members to vote for only one of the series above. If we happen to tie a few of the series, one of those will be randomly selected.

I vote for Hetalia. Mostly because I'm working on a Hetalia costume for the con, but any of the other series works for me.

-------

@ Elie-chan

No problem! I didn't want to turn you away from all the fun, you're just too cute!

-------

Also, is everyone okay with the current deadline? Saturdays and Sundays work well for me because I have work and school, so all I have to do is clear it with the 'rents (I still live at home, haha cheapo!) If you guys have something planned for that weekend that you can't get out of, we can move the meet a week forward or backwards, depending on costume completion status and overall vote.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2009, 02:05:02 pm »
aye, pray that ev'ry but one pirate here votes for his self...or hers. Summer street fighter is my vote, but whoever we do, it will give me a series I've never heard about to study and come up with something.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2009, 04:14:44 pm »
That's one vote Hetalia, one vote Street Fighter.

The deadline is today at 11:59 PM. Still waiting on Natalie, Elie-chan and Gwar-chan.

Also, it doesn't really matter if the theme you voted for isn't the winner for this month because we'll be hitting all these themes throughout the year. They're just going to be scheduled for later months, know what I mean?

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2009, 06:25:57 pm »
That's one vote Hetalia, one vote Street Fighter.

The deadline is today at 11:59 PM. Still waiting on Natalie, Elie-chan and Gwar-chan.

Also, it doesn't really matter if the theme you voted for isn't the winner for this month because we'll be hitting all these themes throughout the year. They're just going to be scheduled for later months, know what I mean?

I vote for Persona 4

Also, I will do my best...but without a job I don't know how I can afford a cosplay each month It was almost 50 dollars to make a sailor fuku top : [
I really want to be in this group (you know how much Sakko-chan~!) But I don't know if I can do much with having no job : [[[
I understand if you kick me out due to this, but I am searching high and low for an open position DX Because I want to be in this!!!!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 06:29:27 pm by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2009, 06:40:34 pm »
One vote Hetalia, one vote Street Fighter and one vote Persona 4~

@ Nanachan

Since you're in a tight financial situation but still want to be in the group like Elie-chan, would you like to do the future scheduling thing as well? After this voting session, I'll be able to make a monthly planner that will tell you what each theme will be from now through November. Then again, are you sure you can be in this group? Aren't you also in another one as well? Just letting you know it'll probably be difficult trying to manage both at the same time. Let me know what you'd like to do ASAP alright?

-------

Well now this puts me in a bind. With Natalie and Elie-chan stepping out of full-time memberships (and quite possibly Gwar-chan), that leaves the group with just two members, me and Jason-nii. If you don't mind being a duo for awhile until we get some more members Jason, then we can continue running the group, otherwise, I may just have to close the group down due to lack of participants. At least we didn't start work on anything yet, so it's easy to stop now.

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
Re: [COSPLAY GROUP] New Days Dawning (Members Needed!)
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2009, 10:05:35 pm »
Aw, man. I feel like I started the chain of despair now. ;~;

And, if I can still put in a vote, Hetalia please (if we're doing second rounds).
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2009, 10:38:31 pm »
Haha, don't worry about it Elie-chan~ I'm trying to keep my hopes up.

That's two votes Hetalia, one vote Street Fighter and one vote Persona 4. If we don't have a vote for Street Fighter or P4 from Gwar-chan within the next few hours, the June theme will be Hetalia. We will also be discussing the fate of this group lol *key ominous music*

-------

Edit: Looks like Gwar-chan didn't get a chance to poke her head in here to vote last night, which means...

June's Cosplay Theme is HETALIA.

Despite the progress theme-wise though, I'm afraid the group is currently in a tight spot overall. With only three full-time members, one of which looks like they may be stepping down even, I'm not sure if I can continue entertaining the idea of a super-special-awesome cosplay group right now. Perhaps there just aren't people available, in the area and financial sound for running this kind of gig.

Questions or comments on the topic? I'm all ears.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:28:10 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2009, 09:34:43 pm »
Are you sure you have the funds to purchase a costume each month, Gwar-chan? I mean, I have a part-time job so I have some spending money I can set aside for cosplaying, but if you don't have any source of income, you'll be set back at least $90 to $100 dollars per costume. Not to mention you're underage; would your parents be okay with spending so much on a hobby?

As for June's theme, here are our results so far, still waiting on Jason-nii:

- Hetalia Axis Powers: 2
- Persona 4: 2
- Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler: 1
- Ookiku Furikabutte: 3

And by the way, you can vote for more than one series~

Oh my goodness! I apologize for not posting last night! Dx
Ah yes, I'm most positive to have the money, possibly! D: My Father understands I love to Cosplay, My mom on the otherhand.. >>; I dunno. Dx I'm sure it will be yes. xD
Ooooh, APH... I was looking up Images for that a few days ago! xD I hope I can look for a Costume online... >w<;

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2009, 10:01:16 pm »
lol it's okay, it's just that it's a little important to at least post during voting sessions, haha~

As for your financial situation, please let me know as soon as possible if you will have enough funds to do a monthly costume. I'm actually considering changing the theme deadlines to every two months (as much as I'd prefer a monthly theme) because my workload will increase at school beginning next month. Let me know what you guys think about that.

If you're looking for a good place to buy costumes online, I would recommend cosplayfu.com~ That's where I bought my North Italy costume and it arrived in less than two weeks after I ordered (though it felt like forever for me lol). For now, I'm assuming the group consists of three full-time members now? That means if we want a picture with the most recognizable characters, which in Hetalia's case means North Italy, Germany and Japan. Since Jason-nii is a guy and probably pretty tall, I'm hoping he can do Germany, haha.

He's the blonde in the upper right.

I'm thinking since I'm Asian and I'm planning on buying the Japan costume in the next couple of weeks, I might as well do him. Gwar-chan, would you be okay with doing North Italy? We could also switch and you can do Japan if you'd like, since I already have the N.Italy costume (I still have to buy Japan anyway, I just won't use it for our shoot, haha).

OR.

We could do any of the other characters, they could also use some love.

There are a multitude to choose from, lol.

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2009, 10:20:57 pm »
My, My... X3 So many people to choose from! O:
I like the guy at the wayyyyyy bottom, at the far left. xD
I saw the Felix costume.. (Poland, for that matter. xD) is that him? X:
If It is...I'm sure I can afford his costume! x3 It's not that much. x:
and then there's..
Sweeden, and Hungary. xD
Funny, I have a wig to pull off Sweeden and Poland! =D

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2009, 10:40:24 pm »
omg I am the WORST person to ask when it comes to recognizing Hetalia characters, haha. I don't think that's Poland though, because Felicks has green eyes. If you do Poland, I could do Lithuania, because they were both involved with wars against Russia~

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2009, 11:11:22 pm »
Oh! :3
I guess I'll do Poland, then! |3
That wasn't so hard. x3
I'll probably order the costume as soon as I'm finished with school; when summer vacation starts. :3

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2009, 11:17:02 pm »
I could do Hungary...if I can find a green suit someplace like hers. Since I already have a blonde wig. DX Or I could try to crossplay as England but it all depends on my financial situation which I hate DX

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2009, 06:18:22 am »
I don't know if we can actually do this though, because we haven't heard from Jason-nii for a couple days.

Here's an idea, why don't we just be like some of the other cosplay groups and just plan one theme for the con? As much as I wish we could be more productive than that, it doesn't look like many people are in a solid-enough financial situation to do that. I guess I'm going to totally revamp my original post yet AGAIN, but that'll probably give Elie-chan and Natalie some room to work in the group more.

Edit: Okay, original post has been edited. All members need to re-read my opening post on the first page and make sure you understand each of the requirements. If everyone is okay with what I've written, then that means we need to decide on a theme for the convention and I'm sad to say we'll have to cancel our newly decided Hetalia theme, because there is already a Hetalia group + photoshoot planning to be at the con.

Any ideas? From the theme suggestions we've collected earlier, only Ookiku Furikabutte and Street Fighter groups aren't being planned from what I've seen on the forum. I'd also like to suggest Mobile Suit Gundam 00, but there are only four main Gundam pilots, so someone would have to sit out... >.<

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 06:43:41 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2009, 10:27:47 am »
Oooh! That anime looks interesting! :3
I have a couple Ideas, too. x3
I'm not sure if they have a Thread for this but..
How about Air Gear?

I think the costumes would be easy to make. :3
and....
How about... Fruits Basket? xD

I couldn't make the images smaller, >w< My bad.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2009, 10:39:37 am »
Hehe, don't worry about it, bigger images are easier to see anyway, haha!

Here are our suggestions so far:

- Ookiku Furikabutte
- Street Fighter
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00
- Air Gear

I didn't put Fruits Basket in the list because I think there's already one being planned, is that right Natalie?

I haven't seen or read Air Gear, but I heard it's good and I don't think there's a group for it yet. Let's keep taking suggestions, but when do you think the deadline should be? We have three months until the con, but I'd like to give us time to choose characters and finish our costumes on time.

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2009, 11:29:02 am »
I was reading through this thread and it looks like it'd be pretty fun. I'm involved in a group cosplay already but I'd really love it if I could be a part of this group, since Kumoricon is one of the coolest conventions to do groups for.~
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2009, 11:30:28 am »
Sweet! I'll put your name on the front page, got any suggestions for the series we should go as?

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2009, 11:44:10 am »
Deadline....Deadline... Hmm! >w<
I would say...For Voting Wise: Like, Next Friday or Saturday? That gives us about..5-6 days to decide? =D as for character choosing and finishing wise... I have NO idea. D:
If we did Air Gear, I had an idea who to cosplay as, since I found a costume online at the place you reccomended. :33

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2009, 11:48:57 am »
Okay! We can keep taking suggestions until next Friday the 22nd and the vote on Saturday!

Edit: I'd also like to suggest:

- Sengoku Basara (PS2 Video Game/Anime)

- 07-GHOST (Manga/Anime)

-Valkyria Chronicles (PS3 Video Game/Anime)

- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 - Raidou Kuzunoha VS King Abbadon (PS2 Video Game)

Sorry for the extremely large pictures.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 12:27:01 pm by iluvshijimi »