Author Topic: I got my PSP  (Read 16260 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
I got my PSP
« on: December 20, 2008, 05:00:17 pm »
But because I was driving my parents insane (from being bored) they let me have my psp early and I have been playing Crisis Core for the past few hours ;D

Now I need to buy Dark Knight for it XD
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:00:40 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
Re: I got my PSP
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 05:01:33 pm »
... Why a new topic? o.o

Oh, nice. :D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:01:53 pm by Cassiopeia »
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 05:02:49 pm »
Sorry I was trying to post in the one Patrick started and the internet decided to hate me and made a new topic because I couldn't post 15 seconds after my last one >_<

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 05:05:45 pm »
I see. xD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 05:28:11 pm »
Cool, hope you dig Crisis Core. I've been playing through that again recently (though it does lose some of its draw on the third time through, lol. You can only have so much fun killing everything with one hit.)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 06:24:14 pm »
I love it. I have done a lot of missions and every time I finish one a new one comes up >_<

I am about to visit Genesis's home so I am right at the beginning but I am at level 11 ^_^

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 06:36:41 pm »
Ahhh man. That game. I quit playing early on, but I can't remember why. I should start again.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 06:56:05 pm »
I love it. I am having a lot of fun. Does anyone have any tips. Things that are really important to know?

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 06:59:57 pm »
Eh. For the PSP? Or the game? :O Either way, the internet is a powerful thing. XD
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 07:13:46 pm »
For the game. ;D

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 07:22:36 pm »
tips for the game, there are certain things that occur in chapters that you have to do in order to get items for later. there should be online guides, or the strategy guide book. i've got the book, and it's super helpful on all the stuff you have to do to get certain items and such. also, it helps with getting all the dmw things, i'd suggest looking some of that up, if you're interested ^.^ enjoy the game, it's a great one!

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 07:31:42 pm »
I want to get the guide. If I have a chance I'll get it. We have movies due Monday and there is a Game Crazy there so I should be able to get it there ;D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 09:15:38 pm »
Yeah, I second the "things which result in later things" statement. If I could sum up the basic approach one should take in exploring the game, I would say never feel like you're over-examining something. In any given moment, talk to everyone around you at least twice, and examine objects at least three times. (Specific hint: The first time you're in the "locker room" learning about the "munitions pods" or whatever they are called, check Zack's pod repeatedly and you will get a Cursed Ring. Of course, you're past that point, but still, future reference!)

Yeah, over-analyze everything, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 09:46:24 pm »
PSPs are easily broken into, and there isn't really a need to buy anything for it, ever.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 10:40:28 pm »
I am just about to meet Aeris ^_^

My friend told me that you meet her the same way you do with Cloud ;D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 11:15:20 pm »
Yeah, it's very cute, heh. And the backstory is just brilliantly established and explored, I think.

PSPs are easily broken into, and there isn't really a need to buy anything for it, ever.

Ah, ever the cynic...don't kill our joy.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 09:02:34 am »
what kind did you get? my younger brother still gots to wait till christmas for his we got him the silver ratchet and clank ed
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 10:31:57 am »
I got the silver Daxter one with family guy ;D

I wanted the God of War one that they had at Fred Meyer but it didn't come with a memory card >_>

I know Tanis is always ruining everyones fun >_>

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 12:58:55 pm »
Oh don't listen to Tanis.

I have a regular black one that's refurbished. I got it for 100$, and it works just fine! I have Chains of Olympus, Crisis Core, and something else for it.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 01:38:20 pm »
I got that Daxter version too. Though I gave the Daxter game away cause I don't play it, lol. But yay for Family Guy! That's entertained me many times on road trips.

And I totally wish the Crisis Core edition PSP would come out over here, but alas...That's amazing that the God of War PSP is actually in stores though. I've not seen that anywhere.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 06:21:26 pm »
Yeah I wish that they had the Crisis Core one too =/

I have also been wondering, when the hell do you meet Cloud? Its starting to annoy me >_<

The God of War on was at Fred Meyer.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 06:31:31 pm »
Ah, it's actually quite a ways through the game. The game sets up FFVII and tells the backstory, but really it is Zack's story, so Cloud doesn't show up til much later.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 06:46:59 pm »
I know it is his story but Cloud is the only person I am missing on my DMW >_<

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 07:08:26 pm »
And I totally wish the Crisis Core edition PSP would come out over here, but alas...That's amazing that the God of War PSP is actually in stores though. I've not seen that anywhere.

ooo if it did i would need that for the gackt relvence alone
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 10:49:53 pm »
I MEET CLOUD ^_^

it made me happy ;D

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 10:52:05 pm »
...I think...I should steal my brother's PSP and find a copy of Crisis Core.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 10:52:25 pm by Syd-chan »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 11:06:25 pm »
I love the game. It's a lot of fun. I would recommend it to anyone who likes rpgs

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 11:17:13 pm »
I got the silver Daxter one with family guy ;D

I wanted the God of War one that they had at Fred Meyer but it didn't come with a memory card >_>

I know Tanis is always ruining everyones fun >_>
Now who said I was ruining any fun whatsoever?

Go google "psp custom firmware". This is not ruining fun; if anything, it's getting more fun for free.

Offline YouDontKnowMe

• Oni
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 12:36:29 am »
Congratulations.
09 cosplays

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 01:39:53 am »
I love the game. It's a lot of fun. I would recommend it to anyone who likes rpgs
....Ok, I've made up my mind. I will freaking buy this game. >3> Once I get moniez.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 01:45:40 am »
Honestly, Crisis Core wasn't really that great. Square tried to make an awesome battle system, but what happened was how they over-powered the basic attack, and the game turned into an X-mashing contest. Decent story, though. Tied imagery and themes together.

Now if you wanna see a fun RPG, go have a look at Jeanne D'Arc. Beautiful story, fast-moving tactics engine, and a well-polished feel really make the game shine.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2008, 02:06:28 am »
Jeanne D'Arc, hm? I'll make sure to look at that before I buy Crisis Core.

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 05:06:25 am »
Honestly, Crisis Core wasn't really that great. Square tried to make an awesome battle system, but what happened was how they over-powered the basic attack, and the game turned into an X-mashing contest. Decent story, though. Tied imagery and themes together.

Now if you wanna see a fun RPG, go have a look at Jeanne D'Arc. Beautiful story, fast-moving tactics engine, and a well-polished feel really make the game shine.

i would disagree, i thought crisis core was an amazing game. i love the dmw and battle system, plus the materia fusion and all that. missions are fun too. and, the story was amazing. it's a great game, especially if you're a final fantasy fan... or final fantasy freak like me, lol.

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2008, 09:54:00 am »

This is what I meant about you finding something bad about everything people like. Please don't comment here if you are only going to bash everything we bring up. One more comment like that and I will be reporting you to an admin. I really don't want to hear this negative commenting.

On a plus note I love battle system. I am a person who usually only uses basic attacks so it works out for me. I just wish there was a way you could skip the graphics during the limit breaks like you can with the GF's.

And last night was the first time I died and got a game over. I also discovered something. Phoenix downs are my friend ;D 

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2008, 11:10:02 am »
It's not negative commenting; I'm just saying that I didn't really like the game. In fact, I made a positive comment where I recommended a game you might like more. I didn't insult anyone and I didn't make anyone feel bad. And I don't always find something bad about everything people like.

I bet you didn't google "psp custom firmware".

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2008, 12:36:50 pm »
Ok well they before you said that it wasn't that great you should have added an I think or in my opinion, to show others that it is your opinion. But the fact is that you are giving this negative commenting other places to, not just hear. I really don't care if they are facts or whatever but if someone is enjoying something it is flat out rude to tell them that what they are enjoying they shouldn't be enjoying. You have done this with the PSP, Crisis Core and Mew Con. I understand that these may be facts and or opinions but I don't really want to hear it.

I mean you wouldn't like me saying that gays are dumb and shouldn't exist and I don't want to hear you pointing out all the negative about things I like, I already know what they are. That's also the same reason you don't point out everything wrong with someone elses costume without permission, because it is RUDE!

and by the way I really don't feel that way about gays ^_^
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:38:07 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 12:44:33 pm »
Never did it with the PSP; I said that buying games for the PSP is unnecessary, as they can be easily found for free. The operative word in that sentence is "buying", not "games".

But hey, I'm cool with you not liking me because I'm gay. I'll still be here whether you like it or not.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2008, 12:49:14 pm »
Tanis, stop being confrontational. You have a history of doing this everywhere and nobody likes it, so just knock off the baby tactics, really.

Nuff said.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2008, 12:51:37 pm »
Tanis, stop being confrontational. You have a history of doing this everywhere and nobody likes it, so just knock off the baby tactics, really.

Nuff said.
I think modding silently and posting no more would be in my best interest, then.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2008, 12:54:35 pm »
Tanis, she just stated that she DIDN'T feel that way about gays. She's friends with a few of gay people. She was stating an expample, not a fact. I think the way you word things is what makes you seem so negetive. You come off as rude and snobby in your posts, and most people don't like that. It doesn't help that you're playing know-it-all, either. So you don't have to buy games for your PSP, okay, cool. But why do we care about that? It has nothing to do with the topic. You make negetive comments on topics that people are excited for. Just because you aren't happy, excited, or didn't like something doesn't mean you need to bring others down who're excited or are enjoying something.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2008, 12:54:49 pm »
I'm actually on Tanis' side for this one. Saying "IMO" when having a discussion is oftencompletely unnecessary as discussion usually consists of sharing one's views. He didn't force anyone to think that way, it is just his truth. Just tell him why you don't think that and agree to disagree.

I can see how Tanis can be offensive sometimes but this time is just dumb. So lay off, everyone. xD

oslapedo

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2008, 12:57:26 pm »
So lay off, everyone. xD

QFT~

I say let the squabbling cease v-v

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2008, 12:57:46 pm »

this is the quote saying that PSP are easily broken into stating a flaw. And normally I would let this go but when it happened three times within one day it is very annoying. And he is always doing stuff like this and I am getting tired of it. I don't want that kind of negative energy around me and whenever I read something about someone being negative it puts me in a bad mood as well as others.

As you can see by the topic this is supposed to be a happy thread about something I have always wanted and he comes along and points out all the horrible things about it. IT IS RUDE! and I don't want him doing stuff like that to others.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:58:50 pm by nikkiolie »

oslapedo

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2008, 01:01:08 pm »
Like I said in my PM to you (that I assume you're ignoring) you should have settled your annoyances via PMs, or some other form of private conversation.

Publicly ganging up on someone for petty reasons like that is beyond ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:01:40 pm by oslapedo »

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 01:02:26 pm »
I think at this point it needs to be drawn to attention. There's only so much you can take to PM's, but when multiple people have a problem with someone for the same reason, it can't really be settled through them.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2008, 01:08:37 pm »

this is the quote saying that PSP are easily broken into stating a flaw. And normally I would let this go but when it happened three times within one day it is very annoying. And he is always doing stuff like this and I am getting tired of it. I don't want that kind of negative energy around me and whenever I read something about someone being negative it puts me in a bad mood as well as others.

As you can see by the topic this is supposed to be a happy thread about something I have always wanted and he comes along and points out all the horrible things about it. IT IS RUDE! and I don't want him doing stuff like that to others.
Who said it was a flaw? I think it's a feature. Free stuff.

Now this is you twisting my words and pigeonholing me into being the bad guy. If you want me to shut up and not post anymore, so be it. I won't post anymore. I'll still moderate, but I won't post. It's entirely up to you, Sayda, and Teasel.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2008, 01:09:17 pm »
@ Nikki: So go away and do something else for a while to calm down and forget about it. It's really not that big of a deal and getting angry about something like this just wastes time and good feelings. Don't take it all so personally. Or, take it personally, whatever, but don't make such a big deal of it. It's not going to stop Tanis. So learn how to be resilient, or be defeated and waste your life doing things you don't want. There's no place for this on the forums. Really. =.=

oslapedo

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2008, 01:11:20 pm »
I don't think because several individuals have a problem with someone that should determine that person's fate.

Just because a few people are complaining over foolhardy things doesn't mean you shouldn't post anymore Tanis, there are plenty of other people that would hate to see you lauded into submission v-v

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2008, 01:12:18 pm »
Er, "laud" is a happy word: "He was lauded for his recent scientific discovery."

Think what you're going for is "beaten".

oslapedo

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2008, 01:14:31 pm »
But what if they're happily forcing you into seclusion? XD