Author Topic: So what does your handle mean?  (Read 10022 times)

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
So what does your handle mean?
« on: May 02, 2008, 11:18:47 pm »
That's what we want you to do here in this topic: Explain what your MB SN (message board screen name) means.
-----
Mine: Garfield + Edward Elric = garfieldelric.

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline Mister_manji

• Chibi
Re: So what does your handle mean?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 01:55:09 am »
its what Shira calls Manji the first time he sees him in Blade of the Immortal, the best manga ever. period
K-Con attendee 2004, 2006
2007 Programming Staff
2008 Programming Staff
2009 Special Events Manager
2010 Assistant Director of Operations
2011 Assistant Director of Operations

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 03:38:24 am »
babysugarbear28

When I was dating a guy a while back (some three years or more back) he wanted a cute petname for me and my grandpa had always called me his sugarbear when i was growing up so I figured what was the harm, even if i broke up with the guy the name could still be used without harsh feelings. Sugarbear was taken on yahoo so I put in babysugarbear, it too was taken and so I used his birthday the 28th and put it all into one sn babysugarbear28. I use that sn for most everything now.

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 03:52:30 am »
'Hazuza' has been my nickname since either the fourth or fifth grade, and it's stuck with me ever since xD
My friends and I looked up our Japanese names, and mine was 'Hazuzeru' (Or Hazeru?) But I forgot what it was for the longest time, and sort of shortened it to Hazuza owo

It's stuck mainly because I've been using it online, and no one else has ever taken it >w<

Well, aside from some random rig worker who I only know due to google O_o; But he's ded naow so yuh O3o

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 07:43:16 am »
It's a nickname given to me by people on another forum I post on, where I go by Turambar. I pretty much use one or the other on everything.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 07:45:48 am »
Well, I am obsessed with Lovecraftian and apocalyptic themes. So, in my typical fashion, as everything else, my sn is based on a lovecraftian apocalypse. Eve of Abyss: Eve = "day/night before", Abyss = "Pit/Nothingness/Oblivion". So, EveofAbyss means the day before Oblivion, the calm before the storm, if you will. The deep breath before the plunge (as Gandalf put it).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 10:45:43 am »
Boogiepop Phantom is one of my favorite anime. Boogiepop sounds cool. I stuck some ~'s on there because I'm just so hardcore yo.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 11:14:37 am »
totemo_oishii

=

very delicious

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 11:28:50 am »
Daxe is just a variation of my own name which I often use in MMO's or other random games. Just a quick handle I thought up.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 01:37:20 pm »
laurifer = latin name for Victoria :3

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 04:58:18 pm »
I went by the name "reptile" online for a long time. After awhile, people started calling me "reppy" and I took on that name.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 05:21:12 pm »

Are you serious? This whole time I thought it was a clever play on Lucifer.....wow, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 06:03:01 pm »

Are you serious? This whole time I thought it was a clever play on Lucifer.....wow, lol

Yeah a lot of people thought that until I told them XD But it does sound like Lucifer...which is pretty cool I guess haha

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 07:46:30 pm »
I wanted to be Kotomi on Maple Story, but it was taken, so I added the u in...
And Kotoumi was born.  I didn't realize that I could find kanji for it for a couple months, so I picked the ones meaning "Harp" and "Sea" - Koto and Umi.

So I'm Sea Harp.  xD  It's never been taken anywhere I've signed up.
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 09:34:36 pm »
Higuma means brown bear. That is a nickname I have had for a while because I am Big and brown(hispanic).

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 10:44:17 pm »
Well, Syd-chan is from my name. Sydney. So, I got Syd from that and put -chan as a suffix. Syd just seems kind of tomboy-ish to me. >-< I've always like tomboy names.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 10:50:42 pm »
It's a nickname given to me about 5 years ago. Since the name maki was already taken on here, I choose makichan.  ;D
In most places though, makichan is already taken and so I use naitsumaki ^^
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 11:03:05 pm »
my best fried eric in midle schoo was called batman, he was the biggest batman fan and batman needed a rival some one to stand up to him enter super jaz.

after he passed away from childhood diabetis it was hard for me to do the things we used to (we used to watch interveiw with a vampire every day after school and talk about the cool books we were going to write) using the nickname i got from him is kind a "in loving memory" to him
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 12:30:58 am »
When I was 14, I was just getting into the game DDR.  I'd been using the name Tofu loosely on most websites I frequented as a nickname, and decided to incorporate it more directly into my persona around May 2005.  I registered on a variety of websites as DancingTofu, and the name grew on me.  It eventually became the name of a small business attempt I made, which became moderately well-known and is still recognized by some if you go on the more dedicated DDR Forums.  The name has became a steady part of my lifestyle by now.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 07:31:14 am »
My parents almost named me Cassiopeia for the birthmark I have on my forehead that has 5 spots in a "w" shape like the constellation.

I wish it was my middle name so my initials could be CCCC.  :P
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 10:47:46 am »
My parents almost named me Cassiopeia for the birthmark I have on my forehead that has 5 spots in a "w" shape like the constellation.

I wish it was my middle name so my initials could be CCCC.  :P

It'd be cooler if your initials were CCCP.
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 10:55:04 am »
kahlan= one of the main characters in terry goodkind's "sword of truth" series. if you haven't read them, DO IT! lol... but she's amazing and i would love if i could be like her... >.>

4= my fave number.. weee... >.O

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 08:26:33 pm »
My older sister's boy friend, when he was taking Japanese in high school, his Japanese name was Yagi meaning goat. He passed it on to another one of his friends after he graduated. When he first met me, I bleated at him, so he decided I would be the third Yagi. So that's the goat part. As for the child, he called himself the Goat King from the song Queen of the Goats by Floater, so I became the Goatchild. I think that's how it happened, at least. It was, like, four or five years ago, so I don't remember exactly. : P Anyway, on most sites I'm goatchild, yagi-san, or some combination/variation of the two.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 12:26:35 pm »
I am a big fan of Ken Akamatsu, the creator of Love Hina.  Before I joined the forum I went to Kinokuniya and discovered that Akamatsu created a whole new series, Negima.  I feel in love with the story and became a big fan of the manga.  After that, the name just stuck and I use it on several other forums.  It also helps because one possible career choice for me is being a teacher so I really would be "Mahou Sensei Negima."
Had I not chosen Negima, I would be known as Keitaro.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 09:25:01 pm »
I forget.
 :D

Honestly though, I used to go by Tee-Moss (a high school joke about my name Thomas being mistranslated when I became the god of some far off planet).  In fact it's on my livejournal and homepage still.

When I joined the original forums for http://faans.com I wanted to be more honest and not just roleplay some sort of persona. I wanted to just represent myself. My sincere enthusiasm earned me an extra comic as well as an actual cast member modelled after me. Guess which one.
http://faans.com/whatis.html
It actually ended up being too accurate as the character goes evil and is killed. <_<

....um anyway.... I kept it because I like the idea of people knowing my name. It feels like a kind of celebrity.

Also, Fanboy is a pretty generic term that represents my love for comics, anime, webcomics,  sci-fi, video games, and table top RPGs. I love getting hyper and geeking out about stuff with my fellow fans.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline anime_rocker

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 11:02:57 pm »
 ... i like anime... i'm a rocker...? ok so i like rock and often find my self at my friends house rockin out w/ her brother on guitar hero XD
 and anime has been a constant for me before i even knew it was anime. srsly. when i was little i used to watch sailor moon before mydad took me to day care. i still know the theme song... most every where else tho i'm known as deikitty.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 11:03:57 pm by anime_rocker »
i wanna be a mongoose. can i be a mongoose dog?

Offline Naleh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 02:39:52 am »
Well a while back...when I was a wee 8th grader, I think, I created this super-cool cat-girl bounty-hunter, and named her Naleh ( random made-up name that popped in my head). I grew to like this character's personality so much that I decided to use it as my various SN's to other sites, sometimes adding a Chan to the end if by some strange twist of fate someone else used that name.
When I think of Naleh I still picture that bounty hunter and when I use the name I think of myself as even more hyper and crazy then usual. Naleh became my nickname... and my fangirl name. ^_^
K-con 08-
ANBU! (Rawr!)
Tobi :D

Remember kids! An apple a day, keeps the Shinigami sane!

Also please don't hate the plantman....Zetsu's a people person. (nomnomnom XD)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 05:09:58 pm »
It means my mother loved me as a little kid. And since handles were all the rage, and I couldn't think up any better.....ta freakin' da!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline GaaraoftheFunk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 11:03:03 pm »
Hmm.>.>
Its what i was sorta nicknamed at Kumoricon last year..?xD

Due to a friend who still had my gaara pants and ninja shoes.D:
So i wore tights and pink boots. :D
Thus,Alot of people started calling me by Gaara of the funk.xD
So i guess it means nothing.o_O;

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 10:43:06 pm »
Hmm.>.>
Its what i was sorta nicknamed at Kumoricon last year..?xD

Due to a friend who still had my gaara pants and ninja shoes.D:
So i wore tights and pink boots. :D
Thus,Alot of people started calling me by Gaara of the funk.xD
So i guess it means nothing.o_O;

Well, I know Gaara of the Phunk is in Naruto: Adbridged....XD I shouldn't know that.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2008, 02:21:08 pm »
Uh... Lesse if I can remember the whole thing now... Okay! So back in like, seventh grade, I got a Fanfiction.net account. Now, way back then I was a major nut for Star Trek: The Next Generation, and a total Data fangirl. Also at the time, I was a major fangirl of Richie Foley from Static Shock. I combined them together and made my current SN, which is still my Fanfiction name (as well as my handle on many other sites, including Youtube, Livevideo and the Sakuracon forums) because I love it so much. It is who I am.

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 05:28:08 pm »
"sekitan" means coal in japanese, so my screen name means "coal bun" XD
Cosplays 09:
Sebastian Michaelis-kuroshitsujiKarren-code geass

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 06:42:01 pm »
Sayda stands for one of my awesome Roleplay characters I play.
Nothing too incredible or spectacular about it.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2008, 01:42:56 am »
Sayda stands for one of my awesome Roleplay characters I play.
Nothing too incredible or spectacular about it.
Except for the fact it's an awesome name......

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2008, 09:31:05 pm »
My previous forum name was a nickname I used while hanging out with some Icelanders. Then my account died and this I selected this handle from among my historical/engineering interests.

Y'know, since it's Memorial Day weekend, I'll give you a more complete story.
(In honor of the men that were there.)

While in highschool I happened to study German, and our teacher handed out pen-pal addresses at the end of our last year, and I ended up writing and receiving letters and a Christmas card or two from Baron von Mullenheim-Rechberg, who was the senior surviving officer of DKM battlecruiser Bismarck. We exchanged correspondence till about 1992. I saved many of these letters for history. During that time when his memoirs were translated and published in English ('Battleship Bismarck, a Survivor's Story,' US Naval Institute Press) I sent him a copy which he signed to me. It is in my library. Anyways, from that I had cultivated an interest in some of the other German navy ships of WW2 and WWI. He was chief gunnery officer.

For her size and class, DKM Prinz Eugen was an extremely tough-built heavy cruiser. She operated alongside DKM Bismarck when they first contacted RN ships Norfolk, Suffolk, Prince of Wales, and flagship Hood.* In a maneuvering engagement lasting only a half-hour Bismarck fired two salvos, the second of which, only six minutes into the battle, caused the RN Hood to explode completely. 2000 men lost, and 3 survivors. Bismarck took some damage from the other English vessels, but caused great damage to RN Prince of Wales. About 10 years ago I met a man who served aboard Prince of Wales during this action, and I'll tell about what he saw from her decks, some other time and place.

*There is a slight chance that the shell which blew up the Hood was actually fired from the Prinz Eugen, as both vessels were exchanging ranging data and triangulation by means of their auxiliary fire directors. (This isn't SF anime space-war terminology, this is real, no-computers, precision optical work, with slide rules and stuff...)

DKM Prinz Eugen was detached from DKM Bismark after this engagement, survived the war, and was taken by the USN. They landed (as in, took off and plopped ashore) one of her main turrets to study its design, then towed her to the Bikini Atoll, where in the company of other German ships and also some surviving Japanese vessels, the US dropped several atomic bombs on the ships just to see what would happen (what a WASTE!) The tough old Eugen withstood TWO atomic bombs and ended up leaking but still afloat. With her metal now too radioactive to repair the leaks, she was towed to Kwajalein Atoll and capsized on 22 December 1946 over Enubuj reef, where she remains to this day (8°45'9.49"N 167°40'59.60"E).

More historical info here: http://www.kbismarck.com/peugen.html

The painting I use as the avatar is one I found on the Internet, and it nicely shows the false bow and bow wave created in paint, The fo'ard part of the bow was painted a darker grey. This image creates an optical illusion intended to throw off speed and lead calculations for enemies trying to sight her with binoculars or optical range finders (How far ahead do you have to lead the vessel to hit it with a shell?) The larger DKM Bismarck had false bows, wakes and false turrets, all done in paint.

- G

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2008, 09:35:52 pm »
Yeah, mine's just from the days when I was a "Sanitation Manager".
And I like the number 5 a lot >.>;;;   ........   but not TOOO much ^^

Offline dakiro

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2008, 05:04:11 am »
basically i was creating my first char in EQ2 and wanted to to him akira well that was taken so i was hmmm tried several combination till i got dakira. well liked that name but i kept being mistaken as a female since my char did not have any hair on his body and was a magic user so he had a robe and hood... so i came with the name dakrum not to long after that so that people wouldn't think that i was a female. well that name stuck for a long while but then i got thinking...rum.... bleh so i was talking to my little sister about this mess. so she suggested that i take the old name and replace the a with an o and i was like now why didnt i think of that. so thats how it is
formally dakrum
THE anime list

Offline Keenon Williams

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 04:54:34 pm »
Keenon Williams. It's my real name. The end.
06 - Naruto Uzumaki
07 - Ryoga Hibiki
08 - Kunio-kun
09 - Doctor Insano (Spoony Experiment), Seta Noriyasu
11 - Yuri Volte Hyuga

Help me make this year memorable! Take pictures with me at Kumoricon '11!

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2008, 12:45:56 am »
the night halo2 was coming out, my close friend an martial arts instructer hooked me up with Xbox live,
after awhile of trying to come up with names he came up with ShinRyu  Shin= evil/god Ryu= Dragon
together= Divine Dragon
seeing it was taken we put 08 at the end.  That stuck with me for the longest time until  i started playin FF11 on the threesixtea an it was already taken.  thats when i came up with KogaRyu, Koga is from Kouga wich was a clan of Ninja. I then later changed my xbox tag too reflect my FF name keeping the 08 from the original...... but in most forums an other places its just plain kogaryu.
only other name ive gone by is Esca short for Escaflowne or my chromeHounds nickname Panda Bestest!
Team Koga