Author Topic: Parking...where?  (Read 2049 times)

Offline TheOffspring

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/Julievee
Parking...where?
« on: August 30, 2007, 11:02:40 am »
Sorry if this has already been covered, but I'm kind of confused as to where me and my party should park.

We'll be heading up to the Red Lion early morning but will be staying at the Econolodge.  We can't check in Econolodge until much later in the day, but like I said, we'll be at the Red Lion when the kumoricon starts, so where should we park our car? And to change or whatever, we should just, either come in costume or dress in the bathroom at the Red Lion?

Anyone else in this situation? Just wondering, thanks in advance  :)

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
Re: Parking...where?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 11:42:10 am »
Um, did you know it's at the Hilton and not at the Red Lion?

Actually the parking thing has been covered...this is what is known so far

Re: 2007 venue parking questions
« Reply #26 on: Today at 11:59:49 AM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
Suprisingly, the policy on public parking is (gasp!) publicly available! Online, even!

http://www.cityofvancouver.us/parking.asp?menuid=10465&submenuid=16890&itemID=27786

Parking in Vancouver
Parking at downtown meters, lots and garages

Parking Meters/Pay Stations

Short-Term (3 hours or less)

15-minute (yellow label), 30-minute (red label), 1-hour (green label), 90-minute (black label), 2-hour (blue label), and 3-hour (orange label) meters are available throughout downtown Vancouver. Maximum times are posted on each meter/pay station. Overtime parking is not allowed (please see panel on parking violations for more information).

Long-Term (up to 10 hours)

If you plan on staying longer, look for silver/white 5-hour and 10-hour meters. For long-term off-street options, please see the "Municipal Lots/Garages" panel.

Don't forget - Your first 20 minutes are FREE on some on-street 1-hour, 90-minute, and 2-hour meters in the downtown area. To get your free 20 minutes you must turn the handle one complete turn before you insert your coin.

All parking meters are enforced from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday except the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans’ Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.

ON-STREET AND PUBLIC LOT PARKING (IE WEST COAST BANK PARK AND GO GARAGE) IS FREE ON FRIDAY EVENING, AND ALL DAY SATURDAY, SUNDAY, AND MONDAY, LABOR DAY

If you plan to secure one of these public spaces, your best bet is to get there Friday afternoon when people are leaving work and before the downtown revelers and other attendees arrive, and park around 5:40 PM, the earliest you can grab a spot and not have to pay a penny. Or, grab a spot earlier, and pay for it for until 6 PM, when the spot becomes free for the entire weekend, INCLUDING LABOR DAY.

Offline TheOffspring

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/Julievee
Re: Parking...where?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 12:23:46 pm »
Oh, right of course it's the Hilton, I was thinking last years ^^;

Thanks for the info, too.  :)