Author Topic: About pre-registration  (Read 10054 times)

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
About pre-registration
« on: August 01, 2007, 01:23:09 pm »
Obviously, I have a question about pre-registration. It says that pre-registration ends on August 10th, but is there any particular time as to when it ends on said date or does it just automatically end? I get paid on August 10th and that'd be the only way I'd be able to pay for it. I'm from Louisiana and am still getting used to Oregon in general. If pre-registration makes the con experience loads easier, I'm really wanting that easier option. Is there any way I can pay half via PayPal now and the other half on the 10th? Is there any way whatsoever that I can make this work? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

- Serena Kiti

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
Re: About pre-registration
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 01:25:16 pm »
Oh, dear - my deepest apologies. I submitted this in the wrong section...

- Serena Kiti

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 02:03:38 pm »
I will answer, don't repost the question elswehere yet, a mod will probably move it in less than an hour....

Definitely pre-register. On the 11th we will be puting all of the badges from the final wave of pre-reg into envelopes and mailing them out the Monday afterwards. If you pre-reg now then you can get your badge in the mail before the convention. This allows you to use our high tech scanning system to get into the convention rather than wait in the "at door" line (which will be in the shade at least this year but it's still a wait). You can even use your badge to "get in" on Friday night reg and have a whole night to read the conbook and figure out your plan of attack with the schedule, then just stroll into the convention space when it opens at 8am and not wait in ANY line!

Best of all, pre-reg gets you a HARD PLASTIC badge like a credit card instead of a hand written-on paper badge.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 02:15:06 pm »
Well, it's obvious that my pre-registering will make everything loads easier. But, as I've stated, I get paid on the 10th and that'd be the only way I can pay for it. What I'm trying to know is does pre-registration end right on the 10th or later during the night on said date? If it does end right on the 10th, is there any way that I can pay half via PayPal now and the rest on the 10th? If not that, then at least some other way that'll help me get pre-registration? Any kind of help would be most appreciated. My deepest apologies for being a bother.

- Serena Kiti

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 02:53:33 pm »
Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

The best solution is to come to the minicon the next day.

We're doing registration in person at the Minicon right guys?
*waits for confirmation from the Reg staff*
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 03:10:39 pm »
The minicon? My apologies, but I don't understand. There's going to be a minicon the day after pre-registration? That would be August 11th, right? I highly doubt I'd be able to even attend that considering the fact that I live in Dayton, not in Portland. I guess I can only hope that I can come up with $35 before pre-registration. If I were in Louisiana, I'd have loads of friends who'd loan me the money and they'd let me pay them back. Unfortunately, I'm not, and I have no friends here in order to do such a thing. I'm not even remotely close to any relatives to help me out either - they're all in Louisiana and Texas. So, as I said, I can only hope I come up with $35 as soon as possible because I don't get any funds until the 10th.

My deepest thanks for all your help nonetheless <3

- Serena Kiti

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 03:26:06 pm »
Yes we will be accepting preregistrations and handing out badges at mini-con on the 11th.

Online preregistration ends just before midnight on the 10th.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 03:27:50 pm by guspasho »
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 03:32:03 pm »
Good to know guspasho.

And see? I told he'd move the thread when he got online!  ;)

As for being in Dayton, I know there'll be people coming up from Salem on the day of the Minicon, you can try and hunt them down on the forums and see if they'll go just a little bit out of their way for a new friend.

Anyway, if you have a credit card and you can do so before it gets too late at night (just in case there's online lag, you know) you can register online on the 10th and still be OK.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 10:21:16 pm »
So, people from Salem are going to the minicon? Well, I don't think browsing around the Kumoricon forums for people from Salem only to ask them if they'd like to take me along would be too nice. I highly doubt anyone would be comfortable driving out of their way in order to pick someone up they don't even know. That and I just can't bring myself to do it. In the few months I've lived here, I've tried so hard to make friends and nothing has really worked. In a way, One starts to feel like they'll never succeed when it comes to something like that. Also, I guess I'm just far too nervous. If someone wants to get to know me or be my friend, I'm hoping they just eventually come along. I've started up conversations with multiple people around McMinnville only to be shot down or something else along those lines. I never thought having to make new friends would be so hard, you know?

Aside from that, though - it's nice to know that I've got until midnight on the 10th in order to pre-register. I should get my funds around 4:00 pm on that date, so I just might be lucky.

- Serena Kiti

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 10:54:28 pm »
We often Mooch rides from each other to the meetings.  Go ahead and ask in the Plan your own adeventure section.  If you make it to the mini con (or even just the pre con meting on Aug 11th and aug 25) you will meet lots of anime fans of the hard core central to the con kind

And bring your aunt or a single nerdy anime fan girl over 30
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 10:58:22 pm by Vondan »
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 11:00:46 pm »
Aside from that, though - it's nice to know that I've got until midnight on the 10th in order to pre-register. I should get my funds around 4:00 pm on that date, so I just might be lucky.

OK, My girlfriend, (the registration manager) says that they will accept online registrations as long as they come in before 11:55pm on August 10th.

Just clarifying the official information for ya!  ;)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 12:59:22 pm »
We often Mooch rides from each other to the meetings.  Go ahead and ask in the Plan your own adeventure section.  If you make it to the mini con (or even just the pre con meting on Aug 11th and aug 25) you will meet lots of anime fans of the hard core central to the con kind

And bring your aunt or a single nerdy anime fan girl over 30

So, receiving rides from one another isn't a rare thing here then, huh? Still, no one knows me, and I don't know anyone. To me, it just doesn't seem right to just up and ask someone whom doesn't even know me to go out of their way and pick me up. Perhaps I'm a bit too nervous or even frightened, but I guess it doesn't hurt to give it some thought.

Thanks for the information, though <3

- Serena Kiti

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 01:02:39 pm »
Before 11:55 pm on the 10th, huh? Well, as I've been saying, I guess I'll just have to hope that my funds come in before then. That or just bring up the courage and take myself to that thread and ask for a ride.

Oh, and thanks a lot for the information. I appreciate it <3

- Serena Kiti

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 04:18:38 pm »
Also, and the director's can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain we don't have paypal as an option for payment. 
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 10:24:51 pm »
Also, and the director's can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain we don't have paypal as an option for payment. 

Oh, dear... that's usually where all my funds automatically go to. If PayPal isn't an option for payment, then what is? I'm rather shocked to hear that it isn't because PayPal usually is an option for payment.

How unfortunate, there goes what little hope I had to pre-register...

- Serena Kiti

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 01:03:51 am »
Well, I know exactly how you feel about the rides, though you're probably older than me, ha ha....But I think the only way is snail-mail....How long do you think it would take for snail-mail? The form is here....http://www.kumoricon.org/?page_id=13

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 01:25:37 am »
I believe it just uses your debit/credit card..though I couldn't tell you for sure as I haven't done any registering online for Kcon since 2005 <.<
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 12:56:13 pm »
Well, I know exactly how you feel about the rides, though you're probably older than me, ha ha....But I think the only way is snail-mail....How long do you think it would take for snail-mail? The form is here....http://www.kumoricon.org/?page_id=13

It's nice to know that someone knows how I'm feeling. It really is. However, I'm baffled as to what age has to do with it, lol. I'm nineteen years old and I don't even know how to drive. In all honesty, I don't really want to. I far more enjoy being the passenger, just thinking about being in the driver's seat gives me the chills. I guess it's even worse over here considering the fact that I just recently moved here and really don't know all the roads yet. If I were still in Louisiana, I'm sure it'd be much easier on me to learn how to drive since I knew all the roads, but yeah.

As for snail-mail, I don't think I'd have enough time. As I've been saying, the problem I'm having is that I don't get any funds until August 10th, the day pre-registration ends. I highly doubt I can mail off the payment via money order on the day the pre-registration ends.

- Serena Kiti

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 12:58:58 pm »
I believe it just uses your debit/credit card..though I couldn't tell you for sure as I haven't done any registering online for Kcon since 2005 <.<

Well, I guess using my PayPal debit card would work. With my mind being so jumbled and nervous about all this, I guess I completely blanked out the fact that I had one. Still, I'm just hoping my funds come in before 11:55 pm on the 10th to where I can pre-register.

- Serena Kiti

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 03:59:50 pm »
Serena, here is a master plan for you to try.

Does your significant other have a checking account? They could write a check and mail it on Wednesday or Thursday of that week (the 8th or the 9th).
On the 10th, you transfer money from your online account to theirs to pay them back.
We cash the check and the money from you is already in their account.

Can you do that?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 10:17:45 pm »
Serena, here is a master plan for you to try.

Does your significant other have a checking account? They could write a check and mail it on Wednesday or Thursday of that week (the 8th or the 9th).
On the 10th, you transfer money from your online account to theirs to pay them back.
We cash the check and the money from you is already in their account.

Can you do that?

Yes, my significant other does have a checking account, but he really doesn't have the funds in order for me to do such a thing. I read the exact same thing you typed to him and I can tell just by the look on his face that he really doesn't want to give it a try. And, I must respect his decision.

I did talk to the one and only friend I have here in Oregon. She gets her funds the same day I do, on August 10th. It seems like no matter who I'm asking, from family to friends in Louisiana, everyone's offering help on that one particular day. It's so odd how that works out.

All in all, I'm trying my hardest, though. I really am. I'll just keep hoping and praying, I suppose. I thank you from the deepest depths of my heart for giving me suggestions, though. That's awfully sweet of you!

- Serena Kiti

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 08:20:43 am »
He's not willing to write a check for you? Sheesh.
We don't cash those checks instantly, the process takes time.

Well if you can't find anyone else I could do it.
My paypal is loyalfanboy@yahoo.com, there's a pay button on the Pocky Club page as well (for Club donations natch).

If you have transferred the funds into my paypal account by the time I leave for the minicon then I will pay for it on the scene at the minicon with a check. However you will need to mail in the registration form to the registration department as usual so that they can make you a normal badge.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2007, 07:56:36 pm »
He's not willing to write a check for you? Sheesh.
We don't cash those checks instantly, the process takes time.

Well if you can't find anyone else I could do it.
My paypal is loyalfanboy@yahoo.com, there's a pay button on the Pocky Club page as well (for Club donations natch).

If you have transferred the funds into my paypal account by the time I leave for the minicon then I will pay for it on the scene at the minicon with a check. However you will need to mail in the registration form to the registration department as usual so that they can make you a normal badge.

No, he's not willing to write a check. Not to mention, he hardly writes checks to begin with. I'm pretty sure he would if he had more than enough funds in his bank account, but he's got bills to pay.

If I can't find anyone else, you'll do it for me? Oh, that's so sweet of you! God bless your heart. Well, I get my funds every two weeks on Friday, so the next time I get my funds'll obviously be the 10th. I should get them sometime around 4:00 or 5:00 pm. If no one else is willing to help me, I'll be sure to send the $35 to your PayPal account a.s.a.p. Again, I give my deepest thanks.

If you don't mind my asking, I know that the minicon's on the 11th, but can you give me an estimate time as to when you'll be leaving just incase? If you don't wish to tell me, I understand and will respect your decision.

But, let me get this straight just to make sure. If I send you the $35 via PayPal before you go to the minicon, you'll pay for it there? Then, all I have to do is fill out a registration form and mail it to the registration department? If I do that, then how will they know that I already paid through you? My deepest apologies, I'm just a little confused.

- Serena Kiti

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2007, 12:46:18 am »

If I do that, then how will they know that I already paid through you?
- Serena Kiti

Because he is a very close friend of the registration manager, Very Very Very Close.

Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2007, 09:52:00 am »
wow, way to go :)

Well if I had a girlfriend I'd deff be paying for her to come to kumoricon with me, and she's have to wear a Rin costume which I would also buy because it would just be so cool.  Anyway, yeah I'm preregistered yay for the sakura fest booth.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 09:53:48 am by melchizedek »
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2007, 01:49:21 pm »

If I do that, then how will they know that I already paid through you?
- Serena Kiti

Because he is a very close friend of the registration manager, Very Very Very Close.

Well, that sounds understandable. Thank you! <3

- Serena Kiti

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2007, 02:11:54 pm »
I think he meant for you to send in your form and everything via snail mail so on Saturday all your info is there for when he were to pay for it.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2007, 05:16:31 pm »
Yes, I will pay for it.

I am leaving at 7:15 or 7:30 on the morning of the 11th to get to Vancouver by 8. I will check my paypal account that morning.

Send in your registration form by mail NOW, without payment.

I will pay at the minicon and your badge will be sent out on Monday with everyone else's.

Get your money from your account into my account on Friday night when you get paid.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline SirIntegraMasterson

• Oni
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 08:22:17 pm »
Hey everybody,

Here's a question...What TIME does Pre-Reg start on Friday? Or is there even a Pre reg at all on friday??

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 11:42:23 pm »
There's always pre-reg..but I'm not sure if that has been announced yet? I'm sure by the time I get up in the morning Tom will have already answered that one :P

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2007, 09:03:04 am »
Well, see, this is tricky. Honestly it will depend on how quick we get stuff set up. I know that we'll be shutting pre-reg down at 10pm. I think at 9:45pm a yojimbo will og to the back of the line and not let any more people in and then we'll just finish up everyone that's in the line.

As for when it starts though, I think it's starting at 6 or 7 o'clock. I'll be sure to get you all an official start time after we see the software in action at the minicon!

PS, the reason I'm unsure is that Vallie herself won't be there Friday night and I'll be filling in for a lot of her stuff. We'll have the more experienced reg staff though so no worries.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 02:08:18 am »
Yes, I will pay for it.

I am leaving at 7:15 or 7:30 on the morning of the 11th to get to Vancouver by 8. I will check my paypal account that morning.

Send in your registration form by mail NOW, without payment.

I will pay at the minicon and your badge will be sent out on Monday with everyone else's.

Get your money from your account into my account on Friday night when you get paid.

As thankful as I am for your taking the time to wanting to help, I have it all covered now. My beloved just recently got a check and we got both our passes paid for just a few moments ago. Oh, how relieved I am to know that it's gotten done. So relieved.

Still, and I'll say it again, I give you my deepest thanks for actually wanting to take the time to help me. It means a lot to me and I appreciate it deeply. May God bless you.

- Serena Kiti

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 09:42:00 am »
its people like you, Serena, that make this con worth going to even if everything else goes wrong :) one smile, and one thank you can make all the world of difference
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 09:55:24 am »
Glad to hear you got everything squared away ^-^

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2007, 02:01:44 pm »
its people like you, Serena, that make this con worth going to even if everything else goes wrong :) one smile, and one thank you can make all the world of difference

My, what polite and sweet words. I just can't help but feel flattered and honored at the same time.

It's really nice to know that I'm such a person, though. I sometimes think that I smile and thank people way too much, but I just can't help myself most of the time. I'm the same way with apologizing also. Sometimes my beloved always has to tell me "Apologize? Apologize for what? There's nothing to apologize for!"

Honestly, though - thank you so much for your compliment. It has most certainly brightened my day!

- Serena Kiti

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2007, 02:02:37 pm »
Glad to hear you got everything squared away ^-^

Lol, yeah. So am I! <3

- Serena Kiti

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2007, 03:58:07 pm »
Yeah, me too. I'm glad you got everything taken care of! Who are you going to cosplay as at KumoriCon 2007?

Offline SirIntegraMasterson

• Oni
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2007, 04:45:27 pm »

My, what polite and sweet words. I just can't help but feel flattered and honored at the same time.

It's really nice to know that I'm such a person, though. I sometimes think that I smile and thank people way too much, but I just can't help myself most of the time. I'm the same way with apologizing also. Sometimes my beloved always has to tell me "Apologize? Apologize for what? There's nothing to apologize for!"

Honestly, though - thank you so much for your compliment. It has most certainly brightened my day!

- Serena Kiti

Serena ^^ It's okay,I'm the SAME WAY! :D Know how you feel :3 I hope everything's taken care of.
and Thanks to all those who have answered my question ^^ :D

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2007, 12:03:23 am »
Yeah, me too. I'm glad you got everything taken care of! Who are you going to cosplay as at KumoriCon 2007?

I'll be cosplaying as Kareha from the anime "Shuffle!" and Aya from the anime "Tenjho Tenge". I do have a Chii cosplay, but I always thought I didn't look so great in it. I might cosplay as Chii and I might not, it just depends. And, how about you? What'll you be cosplaying as?

- Serena Kiti

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2007, 12:05:12 am »

- Serena Kiti

Serena ^^ It's okay,I'm the SAME WAY! :D Know how you feel :3 I hope everything's taken care of.
and Thanks to all those who have answered my question ^^ :D

It's real nice to know that someone else is the same way. Really, it is.

Yeah, everything is indeed taken care of. Thanks for your concern!

- Serena Kiti

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2007, 05:23:46 pm »
Serena were you able to pre-reg? Hope to see you at the con!