Author Topic: Amtgard? (boffer/larp)  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Klepto

• Cabbit
Amtgard? (boffer/larp)
« on: July 06, 2012, 01:28:41 am »
I kept forgetting about it, and now I am too late to put in for a panel for Amtgard, a medieval boffer type larp. What I am posting for, is to check and see if there is any interest in my hosting an Amtgard Demo at the park during Kumoricon? I'd have fliers, extra boffers, teachers, etc. If enough people show interest, I will make an effort for this demo. If not, I will just wait until Sakuracon and do the demo there.

Offline maydrock

• Chibi
Re: Amtgard? (boffer/larp)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 03:58:09 am »
sounds fun but u should make sure theres not a rule against it

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 08:17:15 am »
if it's not too much to ask... what's Amtgard?
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Klepto

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 11:51:19 pm »
It is not too much to ask at all. :)

Amtgard is a battle gaming and live-action fantasy roleplaying and boffer combat game primarily based in the United States as well as other countries (Germany, Croatia, Canada, Korea, and a few more). We fight with boffer sticks, we have different classes you can play, we have arts and sciences competitions, etc. We are often compared to SCA, and Belegarth.

And, as far as I know, it won't be against the rules, especially as the park is public property.

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 01:35:03 am »
The park is public property, which means that a lot of other people will be using it as well.  If this is something you'd like to run at con, I will still accept a panel form for it, and we can discuss the possibility of it being a panel.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Klepto

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 11:19:30 pm »
The park is public property, which means that a lot of other people will be using it as well.  If this is something you'd like to run at con, I will still accept a panel form for it, and we can discuss the possibility of it being a panel.
Excellent! I will fill out the form and send it now. :)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 10:21:56 am »
I rember doign this before. long time ago I normally Larp VTM

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 11:01:13 am »
Lord Jason Silverheart reporting in with my hands, weapons, extra weapons and services ready to help. I've been waiting for this to pop up sometime soon. K-con is my cosplaying homefront and Amtgard is my playing field. I will be bringing as big of an army of fighters, garbers, smiths, bards, and general amtgardians as I can, if nothing else a strong presence from the Black Hand and my home holding. I'm also going to check and see if any that are coming can come in period character cosplay, or the best looking samurai/ninja/pirate garb they have that can still be fought in. I personally am hoping to come dressed as Inuyasha armed with an Amt-legal Tetsusaiga, or otherwise as your friendly neighborhood privateer and salvager, Lord Jason Silverheart. I have flyers that I can contribute to hand out to participants, new and returning.

So everybody, c'mon down to Amtgard and have yourselves a time!
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi