Author Topic: Freeform Martial Arts Vs Akimichi Chouji  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
Freeform Martial Arts Vs Akimichi Chouji
« on: August 28, 2011, 12:56:08 pm »
Now I'd like to know if I'm overstepping my bounds here so please, someone, tell me if I can't do this but...

Havin that itch you can't scratch for a good bout? Wanna pick up a row but don't have anyone else? Find me at the con. Akimichi Chouji is willing to take on all challengers of any style for a good spar! Here's the rules!

1:You can come at me with any style, any form or any art of your choice, so long as you understand that I will be fighting with my own arts.
2:Obviously, don't jump out from the middle of the crowd fists infuriated and ready for a fight. If you want to fight me, please come up, tap me on the shoulder, ask me for a spar. We'll take our business outside ^^
3:Remember this is friendly sparring. Any damage done to the participants is COMPLETELY unintentional. You poke my eyes out in the spar... well that's not so cool but I'll be cool with it. If I break your arm (which I won't, of course) then I'll expect no emotional retaliation.
4: No poop language afterward! I don't spread crap about you. Don't spread crap about me!
5: Have FUN! It's what we're at k-con for! What's the point of being there if you're all sore and butthurt? (In the emotional way) We're all friends here ^^
6: PAY ATTENTION TO HAND SIGNALS! As a hobbyist martial artist I don't want to hurt people, especially not innocent cosplayers and civilians. If I give you a quick gesture to move one direction or another, it prolly means there's a crowd of people behind you and I don't want the roundhouse you saved for me to cleave the head off a poor observer's shoulders. I'll trust you'll help me out with this.
7: Funny noises, face making and interesting stances are encouraged. It riles up the onlookers
8: Most important... and last. SELF CONTROL! If I see you starting to get all angry and agitated because I'm slapping you on the forehead too much I'm gonna stop the spar. I try to stay calm and flowing when I spar. If you start getting out of control and throw wild-like It's no fun. Keep control and don't cause a scene that isn't clearly a buddy buddy activity. Last thing I wanna see is someone watching getting scared and calling the five-oh. That's just a lot of complications.

That said, those eight rules are simple and all there is to it! I hope to get lots of challengers ^^Just look for Chouji or ask around. I'm hard to miss XP
Cosplay Progress:
Akimichi Chouji: 90%
Big Macintosh: 20%

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
Re: Freeform Martial Arts Vs Akimichi Chouji
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 04:49:34 pm »
If you do this on your own time, there's nothing we can say about it - but it has to take place completely outside of conspace*, and I'm not sure how yojimbo would feel about the notion of challenges being issued in conspace. Please also keep in mind that if you're doing this in cosplay, even outside, you will be perceived as reflecting on the convention.

* It falls afoul of at least three items on the list from the program book:
Other Offensive and/or Illegal Behavior
• Indecent exposure (see above)
• Impeding the flow of traffic in hallways and especially in fire lanes
• Overly loud or disruptive behavior
• Line jumping or cutting
• Consumption of alcohol in the Convention Space, unless it is within an event officially sanctioned by Kumoricon with permission to serve alcohol from Kumoricon Executive Staff or the hotel
• Fighting (play or real)
• Lewd sexual contact or behavior (groping of the breast or genitalia)
• Any unsafe behavior
• Stealing items from the vendors room
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 06:44:17 pm »
Exactly what he said or in the easiest terms..

no
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:58:17 pm by kylite »
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 01:36:38 pm »
apologies. Thanks for telling me about that and have a blessed day ^^
Cosplay Progress:
Akimichi Chouji: 90%
Big Macintosh: 20%

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 02:57:12 pm »
No worries. Interesting Suggesiton though. *chuckles*

First read through reminded me of fight club
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 03:06:53 pm »
seems like if you found some like minded fellows ( I know one for sure who would be down for it) you could do it in a park some where. I see people sparing from time time in parks any way unrelated to con.

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 12:28:54 am »
I saw you outside of the registration line late at night. You seemed to be a little loud but for the most part you weren't causing any trouble so there really was no issue. Now, this was all fine and dandy until you punched someone in the face and broke their helmet. HOWEVER this cannot be completely blamed on you. The guy who thought it would be a good idea to engage in any kind of physical confrontation while wearing delicate and painstakingly made cosplay DESERVES to have a little broken off to tech them a lesson. However i must say that from the standpoint of a fellow martial artist you are partially responsible for the damage caused. you did this in con space which was not the smartest thing to do, but you also were fairly uncommunicative about exactly what the nature of the "bout" was. When i spoke to him later he was under the assumption that you had simply wished to strike a pose and do some flashy moves for the benefit of the crowd. he had no hard feelings however and neither of you guys got hurt. my advice is to take tis situation as an example to remember int he future. Keep your fighting in the ring and your (Conning?) at the con.

PS, I have no personal ill will towards you, i simply saw a potential unsafe situation that was narrowly avoided. i respect you as a fellow fighter and would have been more then willing to engage in a friendly spar had I not been two days sleep deprived. i really did not wish to embrass myself in front of a large crowd of people because I was hong kong stumbly...
If you live int he portland area you are more then welcome to a spar when schedules allow.
When I am chasing my tail and catch my back leg instead, I will not bite down on my foot. This hurts, and my scream scares my human.

"Princess Yue doesn't need Appa: she's the moon, she can fly by herself."