Author Topic: Pacific Northwest Cosplay! Official Group - JOIN UP!  (Read 2970 times)

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
    • Jailbreak Designs / Photography
Pacific Northwest Cosplay! Official Group - JOIN UP!
« on: August 05, 2011, 02:33:02 pm »
Hello everybody,

My name is Jason and I own JailBreak Photography, a Portland based photography company.  I am a regular con-goer as well as cosplayer and I am trying to develop a community for cosplayers, textile artists, photographers, and other people who may be interested.  It's called the Pacific Northwest Cosplay group.  It's still in development, but if you would liike to join to keep in touch with meet-ups, cosplay shoots (Like the night time shoot tonight in Downtown Portland!)

Soon there will be contests, galleries to show off the fine talents of quality cosplay and photography in the PNW Cosplay community, areas to post cosplay items for sale, etc..  Always open to suggestions!

Join up! :D

http://www.facebook.com/pnwcosplay
http://pnwc.tumblr.com/

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Re: Pacific Northwest Cosplay! Official Group - JOIN UP!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 04:45:35 pm »
What qualifications do you use in regards to quality?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 04:50:38 pm »
Awesome! Glad to know of the organization. I look forward to joining (which I shall do in about 5 seconds, lol).

*....or I was already joined and forgot. Still cool, lol
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:51:20 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
    • Jailbreak Designs / Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 06:44:19 pm »
What qualifications do you use in regards to quality?

I'm still working on how to distinguish "quality" photographs.  I don't believe there to be such a thing as a "professional cosplay photographer", really. It's very subjective.  If you would like to share your thoughts, I would like to know.

Some ideas I had in mind are, non snapshot, properly exposed, or enhanced, aesthetically pleasing, preferably shot with an SLR of some sort.  Caliber of professionalism is not what's important, but I will develop a group of people who will decide what submissions will be processed. :)

I've seen first hand what happens when any photo is allowed - there is a massive flood of every possible shot from a point and click camera.   But please feel free to submit anything you would like.  As stated previously, this is still in development. ^_^

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 07:18:55 pm »
SLR? I don't even know what that means, much less if my camera has what that means (I can't find the instruction book).

But I mean more in regards to the costumes. Are you looking for strictly technical achievement or is the character coming through more important?

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 09:22:07 pm »
SLR? I don't even know what that means, much less if my camera has what that means (I can't find the instruction book).

But I mean more in regards to the costumes. Are you looking for strictly technical achievement or is the character coming through more important?
Single-lens reflex camera. I didn't even know what SLR stood for so I just typed it into google and strangely enough, the full name showed up!

Basically a big fancy black camera.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Spott

• Cabbit
    • My primary web page
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 11:42:03 pm »
Sounds like a good idea for fun & to promote cosplay in the Pacific Northwest. Im looking forward to this idea getting more than just started. There will be 100's of great images to use from PhotoBooth this year. Lets make sure that the best cosplayers this year make it into PhotoBooth for some studio shots.