Author Topic: Online Roleplay 101 - Help us Plan Our Panels!  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
Online Roleplay 101 - Help us Plan Our Panels!
« on: March 28, 2011, 12:09:41 am »
Hello, everybody!

I'm Taco. First off, I want to give a HUGE HUGE HUGE thank-you to anybody who attended my sister (JeniOctavia) and I's Online Roleplaying and YOU! panel last year. We had a ginormous turnout, and it made us feel REALLY awesome to have the kind of turnout we did! So thank you, thank you so so so much for showing your support and making our first time running that panel such a huge success!

We haven't put any panel forms in yet (it's on our to-do list), so keep in mind that nothing is set in stone just yet, but we're hoping to get three panels this year:

Online Roleplay 101 - This covers general roleplay things. We're hoping to get 2 hours on this one.

Online Roleplay Etiquette 101 - After realizing just how much time this took last year, we've decided to try and make this into a separate panel. We're hoping for an hour on this one.

Adult Online Roleplay 101 - For when it's 18+ time! We were certain people were wondering how to go about doing this, too, so we're hoping to get this one for an hour.

Again, nothing is set in stone yet, because we have yet to do the panel forms and we're honestly not sure what we're going to get out of those three, but we'd like your opinions on what you'd like to see presented at our panels this year!

Last year, all the experience we had to talk about was with Livejournal, but if you would like us to expand a little more on Forum roleplaying, MMORPG roleplay, etc, etc, feel free to let us know here so that we can research up on it a bit and put it in our panel. :] Likewise, if you have anything you want to know for the Etiquette panel, feel free to let us know here as well.

HOWEVER. If you have something for Adult Roleplay that you'd like to be covered, please PRIVATE MESSAGE either one of the following members of the board:

Hattsune
JeniOctavia

In the interest in keeping the board family-friendly, we'd like to not take any chances with questions to be answered for that panel, so please send us any private messages for questions for that panel. :]

Thanks, guys! Can't wait to see you in September! ♥

[Edit] Thanks for moving to the appropriate subforum! :]
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:07:47 pm by Hattsune »

HELLO, PLEASE CALL ME TACO. C:

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:
Tales of Xillia - Leia Rolando

Offline govi

• Sailor Scout
    • Overwrought Designs
Re: Online Roleplay 101 - Help us Plan Our Panels!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 01:53:56 pm »
I don't know that I really have anything to add, except to perhaps encourage a meetup space for folks from LJ RPs--that would be really nifty!  I really enjoyed your panel last year, and I'm potentially modding my first LJ game this coming year, so I look forward to asking different questions now than I did then, and still meeting awesome people from other games and enjoying what you fine folks have to offer again this year.
Kumoricon 2011: Young Iroh (Avatar the Last Airbender)

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 10:49:53 am »
I don't know that I really have anything to add, except to perhaps encourage a meetup space for folks from LJ RPs--that would be really nifty!  I really enjoyed your panel last year, and I'm potentially modding my first LJ game this coming year, so I look forward to asking different questions now than I did then, and still meeting awesome people from other games and enjoying what you fine folks have to offer again this year.

Hi, I'm really late in responding, sorry about that. =D;;; And this is what happens when we let work dictate our lives, folks!

Aww, I'm so glad you enjoyed the panel last year! Thank you so much!

So you're wanting to get together LJ roleplayers into a space to just mingle and talk about their games and try to network a little bit, right? I think it would be manageable if we got the word out way beforehand ... let me talk to my partners in crime about this and see what they have to say. I think it's a pretty sweet idea, myself, but it may be difficult for some of us to make it over there because we've got staff duties and whatnot.

That said, I don't think a meetup would need a staff panel form or anything, if you wanted to choose a location and get one started yourself. o: If it's just a lot of mingling and whatnot, then it wouldn't technically be considered panel material, I wouldn't think ...

HELLO, PLEASE CALL ME TACO. C:

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:
Tales of Xillia - Leia Rolando

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 04:16:44 pm »
 What I attended of your panel last year was a blast. I am glad you are having an Etiquette panel; sort of picking up where we left off with our Critiquing panel, but specific to your online RPG context. Best wishes.

I guess my inquiry would be, how much will the focus be for folks already engaging, and/or modding, OL RPGs, and how much will there be any "Here's how you would get started" kind of info. Also, are there niches for people who are more interested in helping you administer or monitor a process than being a character in it, or is everyone involved in helping run a process also playing one or more characters in it?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).