Author Topic: Panel Difficulty  (Read 2971 times)

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
Panel Difficulty
« on: July 15, 2010, 05:15:15 am »
I intend to hold a panel in the near future, (probably not this year, but next year for sure) and i had a few questions.
First, and most importantly, what if i wanted to host a panel that involved a viewing of an episode of an anime. Are there panel rooms set up for activities like that? Or would it require my own equipment (if even allowed). And would i need to have viewing rights to the show? I'd be fine if redirected to someone who could answer these questions, or if they could be answered here. I'll be getting on here rather often, but can also be reached at the.metal.ninja@gmail.com Thanks in advance, and I can't wait for the con this year!

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
Re: Panel Difficulty
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 10:03:26 pm »
well if you're talking about a panel where you ONLY watch a certain anime then i think that's called an anime viewing panel. You might have to possibly have a viewing license. hmm. if you bought the anime yourself (no pirate) then i think you are legally allowed to show it because you bought it. i think you may want to talk to the director of programming (for now i'm not sure who it is cuz we just had elections) so just email at this email: programming@kumoricon.org

i hope that helps

on another note, coming from a panel (KH) hostess. you should send in your panel request asap (once they are available lol) also PLAN plan PLAN! another thing, expect more ppl than you think may come (cuz that was the issue with my panel, not sure with others), and ask for at least 1 yojimbo to be there to help you with setup (electronics and stuff because i went to an anime viewing panel (hentai lol) and they had a computer problem and it took a while to fix, but because there was someone there who knew about computers, they were thankfully able to fix it more quick enough).

hope that helps too >.<

(removed incorrect contact email. ~randompvg)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:47:15 am by randompvg »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 12:54:02 pm »
The Dir. of Prog. is the same person this year.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Mister_manji

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 10:27:16 am »
Do not email the Operations department with questions about Panels. That is solely under the jurisdiction of the programming department. We also are not the correct place to email contest entries >.>
K-Con attendee 2004, 2006
2007 Programming Staff
2008 Programming Staff
2009 Special Events Manager
2010 Assistant Director of Operations
2011 Assistant Director of Operations

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 06:16:14 pm »
First, and most importantly, what if i wanted to host a panel that involved a viewing of an episode of an anime. Are there panel rooms set up for activities like that? Or would it require my own equipment (if even allowed).

When you fill out the form for your panel, there's an area that asks if you have equipment needs.  If you're wanting to show some anime, they'll put you in a room with a projector screen and provide you with a projector (unless you indicate that you'd prefer to use your own).  Honestly, if you can bring your own projector, I'd recommend doing it.  This way, should there be a complication of some sort (which RARELY happens), you'll have a back-up plan.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh