Author Topic: 2010 Panels - FAQ  (Read 5563 times)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
2010 Panels - FAQ
« on: March 10, 2010, 10:40:49 pm »
(since some people have been asking..  :))

Panel forms are now being accepted for the 2010 convention.  You can find the panel forms here.

Forms can be emailed to panels@kumoricon.org, or you can submit them at a general meeting.  You will receive an email that your submitted panel forms has been received.

Due to the lack of panel space we saw last year, not all panels will be approved.  This is so we can try to provide the greatest variety of panels at the convention

Panelists will receive an email when their panel is approved for the con schedule. 

Panelists who have been approved for at least 2 hours of panel will qualify for a discounted panelist registration.  You can request the link for registration, and it will be sent to you.

Thanks for your patience while I work through the backlog of emails in my inbox.  If you have submitted a panel form, you should be receiving an email in the next couple of days.  I will be posting here when I am all caught up, so don't worry if you haven't received a reply yet.

If you have any other questions, you can post here, or email programming@kumoricon.org or panels@kumoricon.org.

2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Petrea Mitchell

• Oni
    • Picofarad - zine and convention listings
Re: 2010 Panels - FAQ
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 11:00:10 am »
Could you please confirm TomTheFanboy's answer about the day and time:

If you want it before 3pm than I suggest writing "Sunday Before 3pm, Saturday before 3pm, or Monday before closing" and then just choose what order to put the days in.

Because if my panels get approved, I really, truly don't care what day they are, just that they start before 3pm and don't require me to bilocate.  :)
<|> <|>

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 07:20:32 pm »
Could you please confirm TomTheFanboy's answer about the day and time:

If you want it before 3pm than I suggest writing "Sunday Before 3pm, Saturday before 3pm, or Monday before closing" and then just choose what order to put the days in.

Because if my panels get approved, I really, truly don't care what day they are, just that they start before 3pm and don't require me to bilocate.  :)

Yes.  You can indicate on your form if you have a preference on time.  Just keep in mind, the more flexible you are with time, the greater likelihood of having your panel accepted.

Offline Jupiter Of Cute

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 06:32:42 pm »
What is the difference between rooms that we can choose from in the event panel form?

Theater, Theater w/ stage, Workshop, and Banquet?

I'm hoping to run a Lolita 101 panel as well as a Lolita Tea Party.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 09:54:37 pm »
Theater room is rows of seats facing the front with a table for panelists to sit behind.

Theater w/ stage is either Main Events or Live Events. The stage up front has a table and usually has a microphone, sound system, and a projector.

Workshop has rows of tables and chairs in various configurations.

Banquet is a room with round tables distributed with a couple side tables for the people in charge.

Usually the panel would be in a Theater room. If you want to set out stuff to show people you may want workshop, but I wouldn't suggest it. For the tea party use the banquet style. If you go to youtube you should be able to find footage of the tea parties from previous conventions.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Jupiter Of Cute

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 03:36:50 pm »
How quickly do you receive an email saying your panel registration form has been received? I sent in my paper work this past week but haven't had a word back~...?

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 03:18:33 am »
As of the general meeting (4/20), I had sent emails to all the panel forms I had received, both via email and in person.  If you have not received an email from me, I did not receive your form and you will need to try again.

All panel forms should be emailed to panels@kumoricon.org, as well as any questions regarding panel forms.

Thanks

Offline kayfig

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 08:03:42 pm »
I've been searching for information regarding some sort of prop or weapons contest for Kumoricon and haven't found anything.  I've attended Kumoricon for the past few years and have never seen or heard of one, although admittedly I haven't looked very hard while I'm at the convention.

Do you think it would be possible for Kumoricon to arrange this contest for 2010? 

Thanks for your time. :)

Offline korin

• Chibi
    • Artfire Shop
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 01:23:51 pm »
Hello,
When will the panel schedule be released?

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 03:04:26 am »
Hello,
When will the panel schedule be released?

The Schedule is normally released sometime in Aug. There's a lot of work that goes into figuring out which panels and events will go where based on panelist requests, and the size of the panel. So look for it to be out sometime next month!

(Jaki works very hard to get it out and done as soon as she possibly can! And she only has herself and her assistant to work on it.)

- Kate
Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations 2013
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline Petrea Mitchell

• Oni
    • Picofarad - zine and convention listings
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 07:37:10 pm »
If that's the case, then when should we expect to hear whether our panels have been approved or not?
<|> <|>

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 12:51:59 am »
Panelists will hear by this weekend if their panels have been approved or not.

Thanks for your patience, guys :)  Real life has not been very cooperative, but we're getting it done...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 01:59:27 am »
You always do a wonderful job, & I'm always amazed how many steps there are in doing it. I've often wondered if you kept a tiny Sumomo in your pocket to keep track of it all!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Fractaldragon

• Cabbit
    • DragonTamer Design
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 11:33:47 am »
Hi Jamiche: I'm another person waiting to hear regarding my panel on kimono. In fact I've heard nothing from Kumoricon in general! (I do keep checking the website). ???
Thanks, Amy

Panelists will hear by this weekend if their panels have been approved or not.

Thanks for your patience, guys :)  Real life has not been very cooperative, but we're getting it done...

Offline korin

• Chibi
    • Artfire Shop
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 02:27:23 pm »
 :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 03:03:52 am by korin »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 08:05:26 pm »
I think that things came out quite well.  Nicely done, Jaki!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh