Author Topic: SUPER AWEOMSE EPIC BATTLE: the first! :)  (Read 5442 times)

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
SUPER AWEOMSE EPIC BATTLE: the first! :)
« on: July 09, 2009, 09:16:40 pm »
hey guys! I had a pretty             idea
                                 awesome

A SUPER MEGA TOTTALY AWESOME ANIME BATTLE (have you noticed i like caps???)

So basicaly, I'm thinking the day before th econ actually starts, people are checking to the hotels, and everyone is kinda bored, we could have an anime clash up battle. If you're cosplaying as a guy with a weapon (or a gal for that matter) you can come on down and duke it out with other charecters from anime! :) I can film it and put it up (dramatc music played here) youtube... or whatever. Tell me what you think, like who what where when or why, and maybe we can pull this off!

Save Caprica!!

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Re: SUPER AWEOMSE EPIC BATTLE: the first! :)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 04:57:54 pm »
not sure I like the idea, we are gonna be in the heart of downtown near pioneer square. cops/people will be freaked and well... us yojimbo will have to ask you to behave...
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:00:12 pm »
it would be fun to have an obviously fake play fight [slow motion style?] but yea, we wouldn't want people thinking we were actually trying to fight XD

and I was going to be a gal with a giant scythe that day, so I would totally be there  ;D

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 09:01:07 pm »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm~

This sounds interesting.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 02:51:01 pm »
yah, if we do it down key ands make sure we do no actually intend to injure others then maybe the cops wouldn't arrest us LOL

Save Caprica!!

Offline PaperShredderchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 09:09:08 pm »
Sounds like fun!

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 11:12:03 pm »
Ya i am with Kylite on this khking. i mean it sounds epic but to many people that would not know what would be going on

China bound!!!

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 07:07:51 pm »
This would be a perfect opportunity to test out my Epic Rock-paper-scissors battle rules. The fighters take turns comparing choices, then acting out the attack for a hit, miss or counter. Hand to hand is regular rock-paper-scissors. Weapon used scores 2 points for a win, but attacker loses a point if they lose. I'll be handing out Epic Power cards that explain what the added powers do. This allows the players to act out their moves and not still look like an actual fight, but a SUPER AWESOME EPIC video game battle!!

In terms of choosing who attacks first, go by girls first, then youngest, then shortest.
If there are multiple players, simply choose the order of battle then players choose who they want to attack. Games would be set to anywhere between 5 to 10 points or more.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:11:28 pm by TurboSaiyanJason »
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 10:56:28 am »
This would be a perfect opportunity to test out my Epic Rock-paper-scissors battle rules. The fighters take turns comparing choices, then acting out the attack for a hit, miss or counter. Hand to hand is regular rock-paper-scissors. Weapon used scores 2 points for a win, but attacker loses a point if they lose. I'll be handing out Epic Power cards that explain what the added powers do. This allows the players to act out their moves and not still look like an actual fight, but a SUPER AWESOME EPIC video game battle!!

In terms of choosing who attacks first, go by girls first, then youngest, then shortest.
If there are multiple players, simply choose the order of battle then players choose who they want to attack. Games would be set to anywhere between 5 to 10 points or more.

this definitely sounds like fun. especially for a pre-reg day.
I think we've played something like this in my theatre class.....

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 05:52:34 pm »
alright guys! The rock paper scissors  sounds cool.

Save Caprica!!

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 11:12:49 pm »
Good! I'll have cards made by then. And unless I'm wrong, this event is on the 1st and the day before the convention is the 4th. Just clarifying that this ONE of the many days before the con. Oh and I'll be packing speakers on the side of my backpack with battle music to slay to.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 01:34:02 pm »
cool! where should we meet to do it?

Save Caprica!!

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 09:44:58 pm »
Pioneer Courthouse Square of course. And to update, I'm going to have cards with paper clips that you can slide onto your con badge or clip to your pocket with 5 small red tabs.

When a player targets another player, they say "I challenge you!" and both players hold their left hand out in a fist touching the opposite player's fist in a Battle Bond. There is no refusal, and no one else can challenge either player until one round is done. A round has passed when both players have attacked once, regardless of hit or miss. When the round has passed, both players drop their hands and count off 5 seconds. If someone comes up to one of them and says "I challenge you!" before they finish counting, then the one challenged plays a round with the new player. If no one challenges within the 5 second count, both fighters may play another round, or withdraw from battle by saying "run!" When a player is hit, they pull off and pocket a number of tabs for each point of damage. When they run out of tabs, they're out for the game. Play goes until there is one left standing, as the Champion. Then everyone receives new cards and plays another round. The Champion gets a card with gold tabs and scores an extra point of damage in battle. Each player's card will also have a special power on the back that they can use to attack instead of a normal Rock-Paper-Scissors attack.

And I'm doing the Battle Bond instead of a handshake so that no one squeezes someone's hand too hard.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 09:43:18 am »
Ok so we got the place how about 6:00 PM???

Save Caprica!!

Offline Agent47

• Chibi
    • MySpace
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 01:15:43 pm »
Pioneer Courthouse Square of course.

Is it that good of an idea to hold this at Pioneer Courthouse Square, on a friday, in the evening, when it'll most likely be at it's most crowded point?

I mean, I could totally see some sort of rock-paper-scissors tournament or something, where the winner gets like an elephant ear or something.. but some crazy rock-paper-scissors cosplay battle seems a bit.. for lack of a better word, exaggerated.

Just seems to me that a park or the waterfront would be a more ideal place for something like that. And on that note, we WILL be about 2 blocks from pioneer courthouse square, which means 2 blocks from the max, in fairless square, so it would be fast to get to the waterfront via the max.
Who wants a hug from the Hitman/Generic Turk/Vergil?

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 01:39:04 pm »
sounds interesting... I could try showing up for that, except I have to be extra careful do to the fact my main cosplay uses a wooden katana as his weapon.

Offline Agent47

• Chibi
    • MySpace
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 04:07:09 pm »
sounds interesting... I could try showing up for that, except I have to be extra careful do to the fact my main cosplay uses a wooden katana as his weapon.

A wooden bokken isn't too bad.. my primary cosplay has a steel katana.. which is gonna have to be peacebound and never removed from the sheath. If they even allow it at all.
Who wants a hug from the Hitman/Generic Turk/Vergil?

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 04:44:44 pm »
well, the reason it could be a problem is that those hurt really bad, and when it comes to me and my friends battleing with any weapon, we normally go all out, which is why I need to remember to hold back.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 05:19:03 pm »
Pioneer Courthouse Square of course.

Is it that good of an idea to hold this at Pioneer Courthouse Square, on a friday, in the evening, when it'll most likely be at it's most crowded point?

I mean, I could totally see some sort of rock-paper-scissors tournament or something, where the winner gets like an elephant ear or something.. but some crazy rock-paper-scissors cosplay battle seems a bit.. for lack of a better word, exaggerated.

Just seems to me that a park or the waterfront would be a more ideal place for something like that. And on that note, we WILL be about 2 blocks from pioneer courthouse square, which means 2 blocks from the max, in fairless square, so it would be fast to get to the waterfront via the max.
Waterfront at 6 then. I'll have about 30-40 cards to clip to the back of the players' name cards. Besides, the Final Fantasy mock battle is happening at PCS sometime, so they can do theirs there, and we can do ours by the river. I'd say about an hour or half of gameplay.

Also as far as safety goes, if you want to perform your attack on an opponent you hit, try to step back at least 2 feet away from them so you don't actually hit them, do the attack, then resume play.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 11:26:11 am »
AS good as that sounds with only a few days left of con, we're gonna hav to keep it where it is already. We'll think about that for next year, though. So 6:00 at the square. I'll be the 13 year old kid with a keyblade, possibly. Ill see if I can make it other wise you guys will have to deal with it yourself

Save Caprica!!

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 11:27:18 am »
got it waterfront

Save Caprica!!

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 11:27:53 am »
ok, so where is the waterfront? I don't live down there, and so I don't know where the heck anything is.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 11:29:55 am »
good question even i don't know...

Save Caprica!!

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 09:09:02 pm »
Well how about we assemble at the lobby at 5:45, and I'll lead our intrepid army east to the river, where we will fight in the shadow of sakura trees near the fountain of eternal youth, aaaand that's enough epic for one sentence.

Simply it's just east a couple blocks and a walk south to the fountain. It's a LONG park, but we'll be coming down from the lower middle of it.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 12:37:20 pm »
cool, that sounds good.